Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM and Rottencat - Spectral Groove Path (Breakbeat on OP-1F)

Alrighty, here's a new track for you all to feast your ears upon taken from my upcoming second OP-1F EP!

It's a collab between me and @rottencat , me with the music based on RC's prompts, and RC on the visuals! ❤️

Comments

• Great music and visuals! Nice work guys. I have been hearing a lot about this OP-1 synth. Can you describe your workflow a little? Also, what do you like most about it?

• @Paulieworld said:
    Great music and visuals! Nice work guys. I have been hearing a lot about this OP-1 synth. Can you describe your workflow a little? Also, what do you like most about it?

Glad you asked. My workflow in the OP-1 Field starts with me creating some sort of loop with drums on T1, bass on T2, melody on T3, and some sort of harmony/chords on T4. Then, I structure it out, add elements, take away elements, rerecord parts, etc. I make use of input gain (red knob) before I commit things to audio.

The thing I like most about the OP-1 Field is the feeling of freedom. Unlike in a DAW where I tend to keep everything the same, I may add a part to an 8-bar loop, or rerecord something at a lower volume and bring the volume up slowly, etc. Once I have my elements in place, I can sculpt things rather than constantly try to program.

Another thing I love about the OP-1 Field is the ability to merge tracks via "lift, then shift+drop". I'm not sure if this function was available in the previous firmware update (1.4.7), but it seems it was added in firmware 1.5.0.

• Definitely shows the versatility of it!

• @michael_m said:
    Definitely shows the versatility of it!

Wait until you hear my remix of "Spinning Globe" from "The Boy and the Heron".

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Paulieworld said:
    Great music and visuals! Nice work guys. I have been hearing a lot about this OP-1 synth. Can you describe your workflow a little? Also, what do you like most about it?

Glad you asked. My workflow in the OP-1 Field starts with me creating some sort of loop with drums on T1, bass on T2, melody on T3, and some sort of harmony/chords on T4. Then, I structure it out, add elements, take away elements, rerecord parts, etc. I make use of input gain (red knob) before I commit things to audio.

The thing I like most about the OP-1 Field is the feeling of freedom. Unlike in a DAW where I tend to keep everything the same, I may add a part to an 8-bar loop, or rerecord something at a lower volume and bring the volume up slowly, etc. Once I have my elements in place, I can sculpt things rather than constantly try to program.

Another thing I love about the OP-1 Field is the ability to merge tracks via "lift, then shift+drop". I'm not sure if this function was available in the previous firmware update (1.4.7), but it seems it was added in firmware 1.5.0.

Our workflows sound similar.

Create some parts.
    Structure it out.
    Add a bit here.
    Take a bit out there.
    Maybe a little EQ to bring out that snare.
    How about doubling that bass line and panning them way apart?
    No, that sucks.
    Sounds like I got too much going on.
    Should I mute it, or just delete it?
    WTF… delete.
    My wife just reminded me that we made plans.
    I’ll finish it when I get home.

Okay, where was I…
    Why did you delete that you big dummy!
    Oh well, on to plan B.

I love this stuff!

I gotta get me one of those big red knobs!

• @Paulieworld said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Paulieworld said:

Our workflows sound similar.

Create some parts.
    Structure it out.
    Add a bit here.
    Take a bit out there.
    Maybe a little EQ to bring out that snare.
    How about doubling that bass line and panning them way apart?
    No, that sucks.
    Sounds like I got too much going on.
    Should I mute it, or just delete it?
    WTF… delete.
    My wife just reminded me that we made plans.
    I’ll finish it when I get home.

Okay, where was I…
    Why did you delete that you big dummy!
    Oh well, on to plan B.

I love this stuff!

I gotta get me one of those big red knobs!

Oh yeah, sounds like what my workflow in the OP-1 Field is, which is a rather freeing workflow I gotta admit. I love the "piecemeal" and "play around" style of workflow.

• Another good one, you’re on fire!

🔥

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Excellent stuff as always! Can’t wait to hear how all these sound together as a whole project :) great work you’re doing Jim!

• @DMfan said:
    Another good one, you’re on fire!

🔥

/DMfan🇸🇪

Thanks mate! :) Yep. Let's pray the fire doesn't go
    out too early now. 😂

@HotStrange said:
    Excellent stuff as always! Can’t wait to hear how all these sound together as a whole project :) great work you’re doing Jim!

Thanks mate. I have a feeling tomorrow will be the release!

• Excellent collaboration 👌

• @GeoTony said:
    Excellent collaboration 👌

It was. :) @rottencat provided the prompts and video footage and I the music. Involving our community on this EP was a blast!