Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

M-Vave Wireless MIDI Controller

I got this on Temu.com for $52 USD. 8 faders, 8 endless encoders, 43 buttons. All can be edited via software (Win/MAC). Lots of flexibility in how you configure this (e.g., buttons can latch or be momentary). Connects to iPad via wireless Bluetooth. Built-in rechargeable battery. I wish there was a 9th fader (for 9 drawbars), but I will make due.

Comments

• Wish you could configure it with an iOS app (don’t have desktop currently) but this is exactly something I’ve been looking for. Being able to fade channels in AUM in and out.

• wimwim
    edited December 2023

Does it use the CubeSuite app for configuration? If so, it may be configurable from iOS as well. I know the m-vave chocolate can be configured with CubeSuite from iOS.

https://apps.apple.com/app/cubesuite/id1576180487

• @jamietopol - just to confirm, those are encoders not pots along the top?

• @wim said:
    Does it use the CubeSuite app for configuration? If so, it may be configurable from iOS as well. I know the m-vave chocolate can be configured with CubeSuite.

Oh that would be very useful. I guess anything is possible with midi learn for basic fading of channels but extra options never hurt.

• @wim said:
    @jamietopol - just to confirm, those are encoders not pots along the top?

Definitely endless encoders

• Thanks for confirming!

• @HotStrange said:
    Wish you could configure it with an iOS app (don’t have desktop currently) but this is exactly something I’ve been looking for. Being able to fade channels in AUM in and out.

The configuration software can be run from a USB/thumb drive (you don't have to install anything) so you might be able to run the edits from a friend's computer (or at a library).

• @wim said:
    Does it use the CubeSuite app for configuration? If so, it may be configurable from iOS as well. I know the m-vave chocolate can be configured with CubeSuite from iOS.

@jamietopol would also be interested to know whether that iOS app works for configuration. This company seems to be making cheap and handy stuff!

• @Gavinski said:

@wim said:

@jamietopol would also be interested to know whether that iOS app works for configuration. This company seems to be making cheap and handy stuff!

I am happy to report that the CubeSuite app works perfectly. It updates the controller via Bluetooth.

• wimwim
    edited December 2023

That's it. I'm getting one.
    That's easily 1/3 the cost of building one less capable myself.

• @HotStrange said:
    Wish you could configure it with an iOS app (don’t have desktop currently) but this is exactly something I’ve been looking for. Being able to fade channels in AUM in and out.

See update in this string for good news.

• edited December 2023

@jamietopol said:

@Gavinski said:

@wim said:

I am happy to report that the CubeSuite app works perfectly. It updates the controller via Bluetooth.

Nice!

• OK, bought hahaha. This is on sale here, I managed to get this for just slightly over $30 bucks. Normally everything music-gear related here is more expensive than in the UK or US, I'm stoked, thnx Jamie!

• @Gavinski said:
    OK, bought hahaha. This is on sale here, I managed to get this for just slightly over $30 bucks. Normally everything music-gear related here is more expensive than in the UK or US, I'm stoked, thnx Jamie!

That is a spectacular bargain! I am setting mine up with iFX Rack to control EQ, reverb, delay, chorus, etc. when I am playing live.

• Now we just need these guys to put something out inspired by the Midi Fighter Twister.

• @jamietopol said:

@Gavinski said:

@wim said:

Sweet! Yep definitely gonna be buying this one. Thanks for confirming, that’s great news!

• Does it allow for different banks of CC’s thanks?

• if it woks smooth,
    any1 bought it in Europe?
    any sources!? Germany maybe!?
    thnx

• Does anyone know if this is legit? Looks the same with same branding but less than half the cost:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0tcQzK

• @knewspeak said:
    Does it allow for different banks of CC’s thanks?

I do not think it can store / recall multiple banks of CCs on the device itself (I might be wrong, but haven't seen anything to suggest this is possible). You can store multiple banks on a computer and then write the bank to the device (not ideal).

• @dcollett said:
    Does anyone know if this is legit? Looks the same with same branding but less than half the cost:

It looks exactly like what I received (including the box). Wow that is inexpensive!

• @jamietopol said:

@knewspeak said:
    Does it allow for different banks of CC’s thanks?

I do not think it can store / recall multiple banks of CCs on the device itself (I might be wrong, but haven't seen anything to suggest this is possible). You can store multiple banks on a computer and then write the bank to the device (not ideal).

Cheers

• @jamietopol said:

@dcollett said:
    Does anyone know if this is legit? Looks the same with same branding but less than half the cost:

It looks exactly like what I received (including the box). Wow that is inexpensive!

Yes, these devices are marketed under other names, as I noticed when buying the Chocolate. In addition to M-VAVE, there's CUVAVE and Yuimer. Hard for us to know who the real manufacturer is; might be some mystery Chinese name.

• @uncledave said:

@jamietopol said:

@dcollett said:

Yes, these devices are marketed under other names, as I noticed when buying the Chocolate. In addition to M-VAVE, there's CUVAVE and Yuimer. Hard for us to know who the real manufacturer is; might be some mystery Chinese name.

It’s like some marketing tactic using resellers.

• For those who might be interested in this product, I just ordered it on AliExpress (see link above). Price is $22.79. I used the Chrome extension PayPal Honey that found/applied a $6 discount code. My total price was $19.12

• @dcollett said:
    For those who might be interested in this product, I just ordered it on AliExpress (see link above). Price is $22.79. I used the Chrome extension PayPal Honey that found/applied a $6 discount code. My total price was $19.12

Holy moly! 😂

By the way, I contacted a vendor enquiring about the smk-25 mini today. From what I read online that should be Bluetooth. The seller's page had little info. I asked them whether it was Bluetooth, to be sure, but they said it didn't. I can't help thinking they must be wrong. Or are there 2 versions of this damn thing too? Whoever this company is, they could really do with having a website that's easy to find on Google with clear info and manuals for all their products!

This is the mini. Price is only around 20 or 30 bucks here, serious bargain but I would only get it if Bluetooth

• @dcollett said:
    For those who might be interested in this product, I just ordered it on AliExpress (see link above). Price is $22.79. I used the Chrome extension PayPal Honey that found/applied a $6 discount code. My total price was $19.12

Thanks for the reminder about Honey. I just purchased a second one for $18.62 USD. I can't complain about the first one I purchased for $52, but less than $19 is CRAZY!

• The SMC-25 Mini supports Bluetooth. The following info is copied from the listing on AliExpress (where I see this available for $27 USD)

How to connect:

USB Connection : Plug the cable through the USB-C port to theWindows/Mac it will automatic be recognized , When plug into Windows/Macthe SMK-25 MINI will be charging at the same time;(Red light : charging , Green light :charging complete)Wireless Connection : Press and hold the BT button, when the light flashingthe wireless function is activated , when the light stays on was connectionsuccessfully;

Wireless Adapter : Plug Wireless Adapter B into Windows/Mac, connectionwas successfully when both lights stay on;

Direct Wireless : Activated Bluetooth function of Windows/Mac/iOS/AndroidSelect SMK-25 on the list (Windows users need Bluetooth 5.0 and extra BLEMidi Driver) ;Note: iOS/Android need software support BLE MIDl, and connect inside thesoftware ;

MIDI OUT Connection:

Cable Connection : Change the Pedal mode setting in software form Pedal toMIDI OUT , When it's done , the 3.5mm Port in the side of the keyboard canuse as a MIDI OUT port to connecting to device such as hardware synthesizerWireless connection : Use Five-Pin wireless MlDl adapter A connecting todevice such as synthesizer or other device that support MIDIIN;(you need to buy the M-vave )midi adapter

Product Dimensions: 348mm(L)x105mm(W)x 38mm(H)

Product Weight: 460g

Keys:25 velocity-sensitive keys;

Knobs:1 assignable endless 360 degree encoders;

Output: 3.5 Sustain pedal connection port;USB-C port;Wireless connection with Windows/Mac/iOS/AndroidWireless Midi Out Function(Need extra wireless midi device)

Power:780mAh Battery supplied or USB-bus-powered(only include the USB cable)

Package include:

1*SMK-25 MINIMidi Keyboard;

1*USB connection cable;

1*Usermanual

• Thanks Jamie! Yes I felt so too but I need to wait for clarification from the shop. I already told them I think they're wrong, they'll get back to me tmrw I guess.

• Wow. I’m interested now too.