Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First album in six months. The death of my partner. Well, you know. But life goes on. As Satchmo said, there’s nothin’ you can do for them so you go home and rejoice. I can’t say I did that but life reasserts its joy if you can stand it.

This album is the first in my new studio. I have to say it’s a joy to play a digital piano with a true acoustic grand action.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/unchained-malady

Comments

• I’m sorry for your loss but congrats on the album. I will give it a listen when I get a second.

• Have you ever been to an Irish wake? I still remember my first - Felix McManus. I was about ten years old, in my little Robert Hall suit and tie. I never met him but Mom said to go and kneel down at the casket, say an Our Father, then bless myself and get up and walk away. All the adults said “He’s a fine young lad”. There was a lot of crying as I recall. Then everybody left and headed over to Kelly’s. Of course, Mom packed my accordion in the trunk. All the kids were playing outside, but I had to stay inside and play “When Irish Eyes Are Smiling” and “Danny Boy”. Mom said it was my job. Then, they sprinkled powder on the floor and started dancing. It was the first time I saw Mom dance. She was pretty good! We gave Felix quite a send off!

• Just finished listening.
    Great inspiration and lots of different very evocative moods and musical colors, but still a very coherent album that I enjoyed.
    All the arrangements make sense, including some very cool sonic surprises like in king of digital that distances itself from classical jazz. As much as I love jazz, this is my favorite in the album.

Lot of the piano phrasing sound different from what you released before

• Thank you @jdp000. All is well.
    @Paulieworld is it called a Wake because sometimes the deceased woke up? “Saved by the bell” is from installing bells at gravesites for folks who awoke underground. Apparently it happened it infrequently.

Thx for the listen and the detail @jo92346. Happy Holidays, my friend.

• I believe that's how it got it's name. The bell at the grave site really gives me a chill! That would make a good Candid Camera sketch. Do you remember Candid Camera?

I was once buried alive! My dad got me a summer construction job after high school. I thought it would be cool to wear a tool belt and hard hat, and wave to the girls. Not so much. I ended up on a sewer and water crew. I think his instructions to the foreman were "make sure my son wants to go to college in the fall". One morning I was down in the hole when the trench walls caved in. It was a storm drain so the pipe was big enough for me to jump into. Still, it was pitch dark and scary. Being the son of the general contractor, I knew they would eventually dig me out. I still have nightmares about it. On the bright side, I enrolled at NIU that fall. Mom was pleased.

Irish wakes are much like any other funeral, except for the mass quantities of food and liquor. They no longer bring the deceased home, but keep everything in the funeral home. In our case, that was Cooney's. Everybody in our clan went to Cooney's when they died. After the wake, everybody went to Kelly's for a night of eating, drinking, dancing, and fun. It gave me a different perspective on death at a very early age.

Congratulations on your new piano and studio. Sounds great! Glad to hear you making music again. Just be sure to set aside time to fuck like a perv bunny! :D B)

• I liked “XYZ” the most, the mood was perfect. I think I already told you that your music is like someone who collected all of the essence from the noir movies and transformed it into music. You are a true musician, and we are happy to have you here.

I must also praise the album cover art, it’s a masterpiece. I love simplistic but clear messages that punch you in the face! ;)

• Thank you @luxthor. I appreciate the praise on the cover. I represented illustrators for twenty yrs and developed a love for image combined with type. I must have learned something. HH to you and yours, mate.

• It’s been well worth the 6 month wait 😊
    Sounded like you had a lot of pent up music trying to out at some stages 🧨
    Listened to Made of Clay twice… very nice 🙏

• Thx, bro. Your listening means a lot! HNY!