Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

We Love It Here (McD and Paulieworld)

Last week @GeoTony started a thread of our best tracks of the year. @McD posted something that I thought was profoundly beautiful. He graciously gifted me the MIDI file to play around with. We discussed a few different approaches, but he ultimately said… do what thou wilt.

I hope you like it, bro. I was planning to wait for your approval, but wifey wants to go out for lunch.

Comments

• Good job on this version. I notice clipping here and there tough.

• @jo92346 said:
    Good job on this version. I notice clipping here and there tough.

Thanks, but clipping? I checked this in Twisted Wave and it barely hits -6db. I mixed this way down. No flat spots that I can see. Can you give me a location that I can check?

• Forget it, I listened with wire Apple buds that I use when I need no delay while playing midi. Seems they died. I listened again with the AirPods Pro 2 and all is good.

• @jo92346 said:
    Forget it, I listened with wire Apple buds that I use when I need no delay while playing midi. Seems they died. I listened again with the AirPods Pro 2 and all is good.

Thanks for checking! You had me worried for a while. I don’t put out anything with flat spots, but I guess it’s possible. Years of playing in loud rock bands have inevitably done some damage to my ears. @McD really knocked this one out the park. Thanks for listening, bro. Wifey is waiting for me to go to lunch.

• Lol, I thought this was a response to the forum has changed thread. Nice work, Paul. HH to you and your wife, bro. I hope the release you both expressed awhile back is still with you.

• edited December 2023

@LinearLineman said:
    Lol, I thought this was a response to the forum has changed thread. Nice work, Paul. HH to you and your wife, bro. I hope the release you both expressed awhile back is still with you.

Full credit to @McD for this great improv piano solo. I just tweaked the MIDI a bit and added some background noise. For a drummer, he’s quite a piano player! Who knew?

We’re doing fine. We were planning on going out for lunch, but I think we’ll just order a pizza. Mama’s Special from Papa’s Pizza. It has bacon… the king of meat!

• Nice work guys. The piano sounds great in this piece and brings on a calming nostalgic feeling.

• This is great! Both his playing and your additions.

Enjoy your lunch with the wife 🥪

• @reezygle said:
    Nice work guys. The piano sounds great in this piece and brings on a calming nostalgic feeling.

It’s a combination of Ravenscroft and Pure Piano. I think it sounds pretty convincing. Pizza just arrived and I got no beer! Oh well, maybe a nice Martini. Have a musical night. Peace!

• I’m not sure which version I like more but both are excellent.

• @HotStrange said:
    This is great! Both his playing and your additions.

Mama’s Special with bacon is the bomb. I’m off to my couch. Have a peaceful and lovely night.

• @jdp000 said:
    I’m not sure which version I like more but both are excellent.

Thank you so much. It’s all @McD. I just added a few bits. Gotta cut it short. Pizza’s getting cold. Have a good one!

• @Paulieworld said:

@HotStrange said:
    This is great! Both his playing and your additions.

Mama’s Special with bacon is the bomb. I’m off to my couch. Have a peaceful and lovely night.

Same to you 🤝

• As lovely as I would expect a collaboration between you guys would be. Just need the extended version now.

• @MadeofWax said:
    As lovely as I would expect a collaboration between you guys would be. Just need the extended version now.

Thanks Mac. I’m working on Trips Around The Sun. I hope you can get involved on this one. It’s going to be insane. Hang in there bro. Everything thing’s gonna be alright.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Lol, I thought this was a response to the forum has changed thread. Nice work, Paul. HH to you and your wife, bro. I hope the release you both expressed awhile back is still with you.

That’s too funny! I actually thought the same thing…

Good work on this guys - nice to hear almost a solo piano piece with some tasteful augmentation.

• I finally got around to reading the forum and Paul sent me a message letting me know he had finished this:

“ I “quantized” it to 64th note resolution and added a 28% swing to it.”

It makes me sound like a much more in control keyboard player to have that additional level of swing.

Thanks for making this version and I’d say it’s a pretty even split in the outcome here. It’s a more compelling
    performance. I think it has more intensity.

• edited December 2023

@jo92346 said:
    Forget it, I listened with wire Apple buds that I use when I need no delay while playing midi. Seems they died. I listened again with the AirPods Pro 2 and all is good.

In hindsight, I think you are right, after all. I listened on some less than ideal speakers, and I heard it. Not clipping, but more like distortion. I think it might be an artifact from Other Desert Cities that I put on one of the piano layers. I also think the piano could be a bit brighter. You have a good ear. Thanks!

• Great work the two of you , distortion at 2:02 for me but really doesn’t detract from a lovely piece of work 👍