Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neural Note (Mac/Windows - Open Source)

edited December 2023 in Desktop

NeuralNote

Audio Plugin for Audio to MIDI transcription using deep learning.

I was looking for a Audio to MIDI transcription application today, I stumbled upon this.

I did a quick forum search to see if this posted on the forum previously, I don't believe it has, If so, apologies!

It works really well! Hope this helps someone. Cheers.

NOTE: If this is in the wrong category, apologies! First post.

Comments

• Awesome! It seems to do polyphony. How well does it work?

• @animalelder said:
    Awesome! It seems to do polyphony. How well does it work?

Honestly, incredibly well. Though much better with singular tracks rather than full songs.

I put a song into Koala to split the stems, and for it being on the app, it did great! The vocals were much too warbled (not in the cool way) to use.

But I used the instruments from the split and other than a little bit of clean up, it was great!

I found another app that split the stems better than koalas and when I tried them out on this app the MIDI outputted was even better. The cleaner the tracks the better the results, I’m sure you already know.

It isn’t perfect but it’s the most solid Audio to MIDI I’ve found so far.

This video was helpful to see it in action.

• I read the tech notes on this one, its using the Spotify engine behind the scenes, but I don't know if its adding any value in top other than the interface as I can't decipher this:

NeuralNote uses internally the model from Spotify's basic-pitch. See their blogpost and paper for more information. In NeuralNote, basic-pitch is run using RTNeural for the CNN part and ONNXRuntime for the feature part (Constant-Q transform calculation + Harmonic Stacking). As part of this project, we contributed to RTNeural to add 2D convolution support.

• @belldu said:
    I read the tech notes on this one, its using the Spotify engine behind the scenes, but I don't know if its adding any value in top other than the interface as I can't decipher this:

NeuralNote uses internally the model from Spotify's basic-pitch. See their blogpost and paper for more information. In NeuralNote, basic-pitch is run using RTNeural for the CNN part and ONNXRuntime for the feature part (Constant-Q transform calculation + Harmonic Stacking). As part of this project, we contributed to RTNeural to add 2D convolution support.

Local support and VST3 for usage within the DAW were my main highlights. Web based apps aren’t my primary choice if another is available. It seems to produce cleaner midis when I compared to the web based one as well.

• From the Modalics dev. Interesting

• edited December 2023

This been around for use in browser for quite a while, it's quite good as well

• @Pxlhg Thank you, but this doesn’t seem to work on iOS in Safari, is that right? Or is it my phone? I have the file picker but any wav files are not selectable. I tried multiple folders.

Good for desktop though. Thanks!

• @animalelder said:
    @Pxlhg Thank you, but this doesn’t seem to work on iOS in Safari, is that right? Or is it my phone? I have the file picker but any wav files are not selectable. I tried multiple folders.

Yeah, I don't know, I gave up browsing on my iDevices pretty early and only doing it on desktop. So many functions omitted on iOS, Chrome or Safari doesn't matter.

• @animalelder said:
    @Pxlhg Thank you, but this doesn’t seem to work on iOS in Safari, is that right? Or is it my phone? I have the file picker but any wav files are not selectable. I tried multiple folders.

Yeah desktop only. I tried on my iPad just now and same issue. Seems to just ignore any files, including MP3.

• Just heard about this today. I’ll be giving Neural Note a try.

• @joegrant413 said:
    Just heard about this today. I’ll be giving Neural Note a try.

Hope it helps! It’s a nice tool to experiment with.