Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

«From Under» a soundtrack piece that lost its movie…

edited December 2023 in Creations

Since the ABC Metropolis soundtrack graciously hosted by @Gavinski on his YT channel had to be removed due to obscure copyright claim, I decided to upload my contribution on SoundCloud to keep trace of my work during this year. It is obviously a lot less interesting without Fritz Lang masterpiece, but hey…
So nothing new under the sun, except a bit of mix tweaking inside Staffpad, and to follow the general trend, the chance for me to try the mastering assistant inside LP4i. My own mastering was not too bad, but Logic assistant achieved better clarity and frequency separation. What a great tool.
I am sharing here in case some people are interested to listen to it, I am especially thinking of @cuscolima who mentioned it recently in another thread.

Comments

• This was one of the highlights of the soundtrack for me, JF! Love the cover artwork btw

• Thanks, this is a seriously good track

• edited December 2023

Ditto the cover, Jean. And evocative track, too. Bernard Hermann on a gummy.. Hope all is well in the Far East, mate. Happy Holidays.

• What a fabulous piece!!! I love it like I don’t even have the words to express it.

• It's a good idea to release this properly. This piece is worthy of being a part of any space opera. It's a tragedy that you don’t have commissions in mainstream media, or maybe you already have and are secretly laughing at us?! ;)

• Still a sublime piece of work @JanKun . I love this mellow vibe. ❤️

• Your StaffPad productions are inspiring… I hope what you do becomes infectious for anyone that’s into great film scores.
    My inspiration on this forum for these types of creations was @ScottVanZandt… he has dropped off the radar but still puts out work on soundcloud.

The fact that music like this can be made on an iPad continues to floor me. It’s so cool. Hopefully, the Muse Group keeps supporting more investment in the app and we get more libraries to create with.

Keep pushing on the boundaries of all the genres you create in: art songs, film music, singer/songwriter, etc.

• edited December 2023

@Gavinski said:
    This was one of the highlights of the soundtrack for me, JF! Love the cover artwork btw

Thanks for the kind words Gavin ! Still cannot wrap my head around this copyright claim. The ABC version was so great.
    For the artwork, I just started to use the free version of chatgpt4 /dall-e3 available in Microsoft bing. This new iteration of dall-e can go pretty deep with proper prompts.

• @JanKun said:

@Gavinski said:
    This was one of the highlights of the soundtrack for me, JF! Love the cover artwork btw

Thanks for the kind words Gavin ! Still cannot wrap my head around this copyright claim. The ABC version was so great.
    For the artwork, I just started to use the free version of chatgpt4 /dall-e3 available in Microsoft bing. This new iteration of dall-e can go pretty deep with proper prompts.

It certainly can, yes. Looking forward to when it is actually able to generate text in images with fewer typos, that seems to be one of the main current hurdles. Agreed about the copyright claim, they are almost certainly in the wrong but haven't even had the courtesy to reply to my email... Very shoddy.

• @Gavinski said:

@JanKun said:

@Gavinski said:

It certainly can, yes. Looking forward to when it is actually able to generate text in images with fewer typos, that seems to be one of the main current hurdles. Agreed about the copyright claim, they are almost certainly in the wrong but haven't even had the courtesy to reply to my email... Very shoddy.

For text in images I prefer to use a proper app like affinity photo or affinity designer. A lot more control.

• Oh, wow, this is amazing! 🙌🙌
    Truly impressive. Very intelligent composition and superb building of tension. The part at around 3:30, the climax resolution is too good.
    All praises, just stellar.

• Ooh I like it. Edgy and eerie. Just my thing. Cool stuff.

• Lovely orchestral work, with the perfect cinematic feel.

• @cuscolima said:
    Thanks, this is a seriously good track

Thank you for the cheering words !

• @LinearLineman said:
    Ditto the cover, Jean. And evocative track, too. Bernard Hermann on a gummy.. Hope all is well in the Far East, mate. Happy Holidays.

Thanks my dear friend ! Hermann, the unaccessible star!
    Doing great here, going through the warmest winter i have ever seen under those latitudes ! Hope everything is going well for your too. Take care !

• @jo92346 said:
    What a fabulous piece!!! I love it like I don’t even have the words to express it.

@jo92346 said:
    What a fabulous piece!!! I love it like I don’t even have the words to express it.

Thank you for the kind words, Joseph ! If you liked this piece you might also like this one:

• @Luxthor said:
    It's a good idea to release this properly. This piece is worthy of being a part of any space opera. It's a tragedy that you don’t have commissions in mainstream media, or maybe you already have and are secretly laughing at us?! ;)

Getting commissions in mainstream media is definitely an experience I would like to have, but I don't really know where to start and the competition seems fierce! Thank you for the great compliments!

• Agree with everyone, great work - needs to be heard.

• This music is so expressive that it doesn’t need visuals.

It provides its own.

• @JanKun said:

@jo92346 said:

@jo92346 said:

Thank you for the kind words, Joseph ! If you liked this piece you might also like this one:

I love it too. The writing is subtle and powerful.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Still a sublime piece of work @JanKun . I love this mellow vibe. ❤️

Thanks for the nice words, Jim ! It's heartwarming!

• @JanKun said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Still a sublime piece of work @JanKun . I love this mellow vibe. ❤️

Thanks for the nice words, Jim ! It's heartwarming!

Of course mate. :) I swear, one of these days we need to collaborate on something in LP4i.

• @McD said:
    Your StaffPad productions are inspiring… I hope what you do becomes infectious for anyone that’s into great film scores.
    My inspiration on this forum for these types of creations was @ScottVanZandt… he has dropped off the radar but still puts out work on soundcloud.

The fact that music like this can be made on an iPad continues to floor me. It’s so cool. Hopefully, the Muse Group keeps supporting more investment in the app and we get more libraries to create with.

Keep pushing on the boundaries of all the genres you create in: art songs, film music, singer/songwriter, etc.

Thank you for listening @McD. I can only agree. Incredible what can be done on an iPad. Really hoping Staffpad is here to stay cause it's is a hell of a software.

• @tahiche said:
    Oh, wow, this is amazing! 🙌🙌
    Truly impressive. Very intelligent composition and superb building of tension. The part at around 3:30, the climax resolution is too good.
    All praises, just stellar.

Thanks for the chiming in, Tahiche! Glad you enjoyed the piece !

• @klownshed said:
    Ooh I like it. Edgy and eerie. Just my thing. Cool stuff.

Thank you for listening and for taking the time to comment ! Really appreciated !

• @richardyot said:
    Lovely orchestral work, with the perfect cinematic feel.

It is always great to have your feedback, Richard! Thank you !

• @pbelgium said:
    Agree with everyone, great work - needs to be heard.

Thank you for listening, Paul! Gonna repeat myself, but I am sure Staffpad could be put to great use in your hands !

• @rottencat said:
    This music is so expressive that it doesn’t need visuals.

It provides its own.

Wow, I take this as great compliment coming from a creator of such expressive and evocative music !

• @jo92346 said:

@JanKun said:

@jo92346 said:

@jo92346 said:

I love it too. The writing is subtle and powerful.

❤️

• @JanKun said:

@rottencat said:
    This music is so expressive that it doesn’t need visuals.

It provides its own.

Wow, I take this as great compliment coming from a creator of such expressive and evocative music !

❤️🙏