Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let's talk about the Digitech Polara (reverb pedal)

I heard a lot of reverb pedals and for the price, this is the best. But the pedal is B/O. Do we know if it's possible to buy an other Digitech pedal with theses algorithms? Maybe the Digitech RP360?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Digitech bought Lexicon? Is it the Lexicon algorithms reverb in the Polara?

Thanks

Comments

• Ok there is an alternative. It's a dream pedal, but way too expensive. But superb. But expensive. :)

• If I understand correctly, the Polara is a reissue of this pedal:

The pedal was 75$ a couple of years ago. Now 300USD$ and B/O too.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Digitech bought Lexicon? Is it the Lexicon algorithms reverb in the Polara?

Lexicon was bought by Harman International and Digitech is a Harman brand.
    Harman‘s strategy is to buy companies with high reputation, strip products down in technical terms and continue to offer them for high price. >:)
    I’ve had Bowers&Wilkins headphones (also a Harman brand) that went into the trashcan after 2 years because the glue inside dissolved and spoilt the coils.

There are Lexicon algorithms in Digitech pedals for sure, but expect all supporting circuitry as cheap as possible.
    That doesn‘t necessarily mean the pedal is bad (if you want it for guitar).
    Guitars are quite special when it comes to reverb... even kind of gritty types may work surprisingly well.

The most affordable „true“ Lexicons are the Alex, Reflex and LXP1, $50-$150, no pedals, though.
    On photo‘s of the pedal‘s guts you may find a Lexichip inside. It‘s version will tell you which rack unit used the same algorithms, as these (programmable logic array) chips were the core of their products.
    Btw early Roland/Boss and Korg fx units used the same strategy (with different programming of course)

• @Telefunky said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Lexicon was bought by Harman International and Digitech is a Harman brand.
    Harman‘s strategy is to buy companies with high reputation, strip products down in technical terms and continue to offer them for high price. >:)
    I’ve had Bowers&Wilkins headphones (also a Harman brand) that went into the trashcan after 2 years because the glue inside dissolved and spoilt the coils.

There are Lexicon algorithms in Digitech pedals for sure, but expect all supporting circuitry as cheap as possible.
    That doesn‘t necessarily mean the pedal is bad (if you want it for guitar).
    Guitars are quite special when it comes to reverb... even kind of gritty types may work surprisingly well.

The most affordable „true“ Lexicons are the Alex, Reflex and LXP1, $50-$150, no pedals, though.
    On photo‘s of the pedal‘s guts you may find a Lexichip inside. It‘s version will tell you which rack unit used the same algorithms, as these (programmable logic array) chips were the core of their products.
    Btw early Roland/Boss and Korg fx units used the same strategy (with different programming of course)

Interesting. Not sure how to find the Alex Reflex. Google did not help me.

And there is no spring reverb on the Lexicon LXP 1. 10 years ago, spring reverb was my least favorite reverb. Now, I think it's among my favorite (with Hall).

• search for „lexicon alex“ and „lexicon reflex“ ;)