Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland releases Galaxias for desktop

“GALAXIAS brings 50 years of legendary Roland synths and drum machines together into one powerful Super Instrument. Access thousands of iconic sounds and freely combine authentic Roland instruments from vintage to modern. Explore supermassive GALAXIAS Scenes filled with intricate layers and deep macro controls. And discover exciting new worlds with infinite creative possibilities.”

https://www.roland.com/global/products/rc_galaxias

/DMfan🇸🇪

Comments

• Looks like Roland's version of Analog Lab, which I absolutely love. However, what I don't love about this is that it's only available in their highest tier cloud subscription. They really should offer a more affordable option similar to Arturia, who actually just released a free version as well.

• edited November 2023

You need Roland cloud Ulimate

• @bluegroove said:
    Looks like Roland's version of Analog Lab, which I absolutely love. However, what I don't love about this is that it's only available in their highest tier cloud subscription. They really should offer a more affordable option similar to Arturia, who actually just released a free version as well.

Yes Arturia is a lot more budget minded I think. I mean them and Korg basically spearheaded the cheap analog synth revival with the Brute and Volca/Monotrons respectively. This does look cool but for the price I couldn’t see myself getting it over Analog Lab if I had a desktop.

• edited November 2023

Not really needed, just get a plugin wrapper like Unify or BlueCat Patchwork and layer every VST in any way you like. Those are cheaper and flexible than this.

• Subscription only? Meh.

• You can buy a lifetime pass but then each sample pack costs a good chunk. I would pay hundreds for this complete bundle but not thousands. Love Roland sounds but their subscription/high lifetime purchase system makes me avoid them.

• @bpert said:
    You can buy a lifetime pass but then each sample pack costs a good chunk. I would pay hundreds for this complete bundle but not thousands. Love Roland sounds but their subscription/high lifetime purchase system makes me avoid them.

Yes. Lifetime keys are very expensive

• Hmmm , at least they consider porting to iOS

• There are many soft synths I would buy from Roland but I don't want anything to do with the cloud.

• I wasn't that convinced until I saw this video

Going to re-instate my 88 piano weighted controller and then try the 30 day demo

• @cyberheater said:
    I wasn't that convinced until I saw this video

Going to re-instate my 88 piano weighted controller and then try the 30 day demo

Which 88 controller do you have? I've been researching those and trying to decide which one to get.

• @Korakios said:
    Hmmm , at least they consider porting to iOS

Not gonna lie I’d be super interested if they dropped this for the iPad. We definitely need some high quality Roland AUV3 synths. Hopefully that’ll inspire Yamaha to step up more too.

• @bluegroove said:

@cyberheater said:
    I wasn't that convinced until I saw this video

Which 88 controller do you have? I've been researching those and trying to decide which one to get.

I have a massive Alesis synth that’s got 88 piano keys. It weighs a ton.

• @HotStrange said:

@Korakios said:

Not gonna lie I’d be super interested if they dropped this for the iPad. We definitely need some high quality Roland AUV3 synths. Hopefully that’ll inspire Yamaha to step up more too.

I was excited and tempted to pay for a yearly subscription but for $200 per year it is probably not worth it to me. I could get the Arturia V Collection while its on sale for a one time price $299.

The Roland release has also made me realize that we have sort of a mini version already on IOS: Syntronik!

• @Dham said:

@HotStrange said:

@Korakios said:

I was excited and tempted to pay for a yearly subscription but for $200 per year it is probably not worth it to me. I could get the Arturia V Collection while its on sale for a one time price $299.

The Roland release has also made me realize that we have sort of a mini version already on IOS: Syntronik!

Yeah Syntronik is great and definitely the closest we have. Comes with a lot of classics, and not just Roland (and also not just analog). I’d love to see more Roland and Yamaha synths directly from them but it looks like other devs are gonna have to keep stepping up to fill that role.

• I wouldn’t get my hopes up for an iOS release though. Just because a lot of their higher end soft synths don’t always perform very well on a computer? At least that’s what one of my friends says who lovvvves Roland cloud, but it’s more of a love/hate relationship lol. So I might not know what I’m talking about… but he did say that even with a newer MacBook Pro M1 a lot of their synths use a lot of computer resources…

But I would love nothing more than access to all of the roland stuff on my iPad 😫

• edited November 2023

Roland cloud is higher than reason plus no thanks
    This is like Roland gadget…lmao not really into it I have a fantom ex

• If Galaxias and Roland cloud comes for ipadOS , I guess (and hope) it will offer a significantly lower price

• @HotStrange said:

@Korakios said:

Ha! I have notifications for YouTube replies turned off, so I missed Roland’s reply.

Although really I’m not as interested in the full Galaxias. Which really doesn’t seem that special to me. If you already subscribed at the highest level, couldn’t you do everything this can (and more) with something like Main Stage? Plus then it would work with all your other software instruments and effects too. I’m sure there’s some workflow differences that will matter to some, but generally it seems like an underwhelming announcement.

I really just want to buy lifetime keys for a few things like the SH-101 and Jupiter-8. I know they’re too expensive and otherwise annoying and probably not really any better than things I already have on the iPad, but I’m a hopeless Roland fan.

• Roland Galaxias will be working as a plug-in inside your favorite DAW, hence the term Super Instrument. Everything Roland when it comes to software synths in one single plugin, with a powerful browser to handle the sheer amount of sounds. Macro controls, layers, effects, tweaking individual synths…all of it.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @fisherro said:

@HotStrange said:

@Korakios said:

Ha! I have notifications for YouTube replies turned off, so I missed Roland’s reply.

Although really I’m not as interested in the full Galaxias. Which really doesn’t seem that special to me. If you already subscribed at the highest level, couldn’t you do everything this can (and more) with something like Main Stage? Plus then it would work with all your other software instruments and effects too. I’m sure there’s some workflow differences that will matter to some, but generally it seems like an underwhelming announcement.

I really just want to buy lifetime keys for a few things like the SH-101 and Jupiter-8. I know they’re too expensive and otherwise annoying and probably not really any better than things I already have on the iPad, but I’m a hopeless Roland fan.

I assume you could just do that. But I’m iOS and hardware only so I don’t keep up with the desktop world all that much.

I’m not super super interested myself. I’m more so interested in the idea of have Roland developing some synths and drum machines for iOS in general.

• edited November 2023

@HotStrange said:

@fisherro said:

@HotStrange said:

@Korakios said:

I assume you could just do that. But I’m iOS and hardware only so I don’t keep up with the desktop world all that much.

I’m not super super interested myself. I’m more so interested in the idea of have Roland developing some synths and drum machines for iOS in general.

Roland development is very aware of our wants and wishes. My guess though, is that they will continue to build upon Roland Zenbeats for iOS and integrate stuff there. At what level is impossible to say. Porting to iOS is a major commitment, making parts of or their whole portfolio available as AUv3 for example. That is a corporate decision to be made on a higher level.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:

@HotStrange said:

@fisherro said:

@HotStrange said:

@Korakios said:

Roland development is very aware of our wants and wishes. My guess though, is that they will continue to build upon Roland Zenbeats for iOS and integrate stuff there. At what level is impossible to say. Porting to iOS as major commitment, making parts of or their whole portfolio available as AUv3 for example. That is a corporate decision to be made on a higher level.

/DMfan🇸🇪

For sure. I know people would lose their minds for an AUV3 Jupiter directly form Roland though. Or an AU CS-80 from Yamaha.

A man can dream can’t he? 😉

• You and I are both those people @HotStrange…🙌. Let’s dream together!

😁

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:
    You and I are both those people @HotStrange…🙌. Let’s dream together!

😁

/DMfan🇸🇪

Who knows? Maybe we’ll wake up to a big surprise some day :)

• Now with VST-support to be used inside your favorite DAW and AU-support on its way!

/DMfan🇸🇪

• the only thing from roland i can't recreate with other tools is their v-synth/variphrase.
    thats the only thing i would be interested in.
    we already have 100? "vintage" emulations

• Whatever works for you, buddy. As you write, there are loads of emulations around and if that is your preferred choice I totally get you. YMMV.

Just keep having fun, use the tools you like and make music!

😊

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Been working with Zenology Pro and Analog Lab on a Windows tablet for a while and both suffer from the exact same problem:
    Many controls are much too small for touch, you really need a pencil which quite spoils the fun.

So that part would need to be re-done at least. And I'd love to see it happen!
    Sure there are many iOS sound sources but preset selection by tags and categories under one surface are good to have.

• its 2024 and people still jumping on that vintage train.
    show me one roland sound (beside v-synth/variphrase😄)
    i can't do in a satisfactory way with the free synth master one.
    please.