Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I’d love a Bram Bos Noir Synth

I love Bram Bo’s Ruismaker Noir drum
Machine. It’s got a great grungy kinda modular sound. The filter sounds great! I even can get great sun bass or bell sounds. I just wish it would form more into a synth. I have Hilda which is incredible, but it’s a different beast. Any ideas on this ? I also have Ripplemaker , but not the same .I do love the analog sound of Dagger, but Bram Bos could do something amazing with this..

A powerful synth with even wave tables.
More Filters
Polyphony
More advanced sequencer
Lfos!!! and modulation routing

Comments

• Here’s a fun experiment: I’d love a Bram Bos (insert whatever here)!! Try it yourself! It works!

Seriously though yea I’m with you on that. I was eyeing Troublemaker recently but the idea of a grungy bass synth is fantastic.

• Make it in drambo. All the tools are there waiting to shape your iOS dream synth.

• @blakavar said:
    Make it in drambo. All the tools are there waiting to shape your iOS dream synth.

Is there any demos anywhere of these dream synths?

• @blakavar said:
    Make it in drambo. All the tools are there waiting to shape your iOS dream synth.

Good luck with that one! Noir is a thing all its own. I guess you could make some convoluted thing that works something like it, but it would be mind bendingly complex and nowhere near as expressive. Also that filter and distortion are very unique.

Drambo is hella fun to build things in but ... that does not sound fun at all.

• Yeah, Drambo is cool too, but Bram Bos would be nice as a dedicated synth.

• Bram's like Iceworks for me, in that I'm a completionist and will buy everything he puts out

• @robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

Everyone wants someone else to spend months and months tailoring their dream synth for them for $13.95.

Make it yourself. Drambo, Mirack are tools you can use to do that. Or you can just spend that time begging for your perfect synth in a music forum like most of you here do.

• Someone mentioned Drambo and that’s a good call. Maybe look into Thump One, ChowKick, and Synth Drum AU. Sorts the same vein as Noir but might be up your alley.

• @blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

Everyone wants someone else to spend months and months tailoring their dream synth for them for $13.95.

Make it yourself. Drambo, Mirack are tools you can use to do that. Or you can just spend that time begging for your perfect synth in a music forum like most of you here do.

Nobody has asked anyone to make anything for them. You said that Drambo was a dream synth maker - I was merely interested to see and hear any examples of other peoples ‘dream synths’ if there were any videos/demos readily available that could be shared - as I haven’t yet come across one.
    Have you made a dream synth in Drambo?

• edited October 2023

@HotStrange said:
    Someone mentioned Drambo and that’s a good call. Maybe look into Thump One, ChowKick, and Synth Drum AU. Sorts the same vein as Noir but might be up your alley.

Thanks and I’ll check those out, but there’s only one Bran Bos.. I want the beast!

• @Antos3345 said:

@HotStrange said:
    Someone mentioned Drambo and that’s a good call. Maybe look into Thump One, ChowKick, and Synth Drum AU. Sorts the same vein as Noir but might be up your alley.

Thanks and I’ll check those out, but there’s only one Bran Bos.. I want the beast!

Bram is one of my favorites as well so I agree with you there :)

• I want noir as a AU3 I can run in on my Mac!!

• @drez said:
    I want noir as a AU3 I can run in on my Mac!!

If you have Voltage Synth from Cherry Audio, someone made a DFAM emulation that’s pretty nice.

• edited November 2023

@Fingolfinzz said:

@drez said:

If you have Voltage Synth from Cherry Audio, someone made a DFAM emulation that’s pretty nice.

I've actually got a pretty good DFAM emulator in VCV Rack that Omri made that I use (I also have the Behringer DFAM as well), but it's just so quick and easy to dial stuff in with Noir. It's the interface and ease of use that makes it inspiring, for me.

• @drez said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@drez said:

I've actually got a pretty good DFAM emulator in VCV Rack that Omri made that I use (I also have the Behringer DFAM as well), but it's just so quick and easy to dial stuff in with Noir. It's the interface and ease of use that makes it inspiring, for me.

Oh shit I didn’t realize vcv had one, all the better that Omri made it, I’ll have to check that out. Yeah I’d absolutely love to have Noir on desktop, I usually just end up using Noir when I want that sound and that sequencer is amazing. I use it to sequence a lot of stuff on my modular too

• wimwim
    edited November 2023

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

There's more to great synth app design than just sound modules. Just try to make something with anything near the elegant and playable UI of Noir, Salome, Fluss, Gauss, Mononoke ... with Drambo.

wtf is wrong with people suggesting what they think would be great app design ideas? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• @wim said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

There's more to great synth app design than just sound modules. Just try to make something with anything near the elegant and playable UI of Noir, Salome, Fluss, Gauss, Mononoke ... with Drambo.

wtf is wrong with people suggesting what they think would be great app design ideas? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Amen

• @wim said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

Exactly. I have an “extended” Noir patch that I built in miRack that’s actually more expanded and capable than the real thing, but no where near as playable. I still use Noir more often than it.

• @wim said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

Say it louder for the people in the back 👏

That’s why I sometimes get annoyed when someone asks for something and the some folks default answer is Drambo. Like yeah of course Drambo can do it but like you said, there’s really something to be said about a dedicated synth with a dedicated UI. Not sure why that idea gets lost on some.

• @blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

Is this a serious comment? Drambo is great but so is having a dedicated synth with a dedicated UI that’s super playable and does 1-2 things really well.

Do you just not buy anything at all and make everything in Drambo and MiRack?

• Noir is a synth. All it needs is a polyphony update I think! 😊

• @HotStrange said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

Is this a serious comment? Drambo is great but so is having a dedicated synth with a dedicated UI that’s super playable and does 1-2 things really well.

@HotStrange said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...Drambo IS on my eventual purchase list, but the way it gets brought up IMHO in kind of a rude way at times is a HUGE turn-off to me.

• @Fear2Stop said:

@HotStrange said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

@HotStrange said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...Drambo IS on my eventual purchase list, but the way it gets brought up IMHO in kind of a rude way at times is a HUGE turn-off to me.

Yeah they’re definitely not doing it any favors by bringing it up every time like that. Don’t get me wrong, Drambo is also certainly a top 10 app ever for me, but it’s fruitless to recommend it every time when people are asking about specific apps.

That’s like someone asking for recommendations for a new car and people replying with “build your own” 😂

• @HotStrange said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@HotStrange said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

@HotStrange said:

@blakavar said:

@robosardine said:

@blakavar said:

Yeah they’re definitely not doing it any favors by bringing it up every time like that. Don’t get me wrong, Drambo is also certainly a top 10 app ever for me, but it’s fruitless to recommend it every time when people are asking about specific apps.

That’s like someone asking for recommendations for a new car and people replying with “build your own” 😂

LOL yeah pretty much

• wimwim
    edited November 2023

Well, as far as I'm concerned, Drambo is fair game when someone asks questions about how something can be done, or if they have an app and it isn't doing what they want and Drambo can. Hope y'all don't get bent out of shape about that and that you don't add that to your annoy-o-meter.

• Yeah, probably true..I just need to just dig more into Drambo.

@wim said:
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, Drambo is fair game when someone asks questions about how something can be done, or if they have an app and it isn't doing what they want and Drambo can. Hope y'all don't get bent out of shape about that and that you don't add that to your annoy-o-meter.

• @rs2000 said:
    Noir is a synth. All it needs is a polyphony update I think! 😊

Yup, just pipe MIDI to it and turn off the built-in sequencer. Bob’s your parental sibling.