Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

USB-c hub audio device not available after update.

I have an m1 iPad Pro. For a while now I’ve used a Hyper Drive hub to power and listen to the thing while composing or consuming media. After the 17.0 update (and even now, on 17.1), the audio interface just doesn’t show up. AUM never sees it as an available output, the control center can’t select it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, and even though I know this is a perennial topic, can you recommend such a device that works now?

Comments

• edited October 2023

Yes, I had the same problem, I switched my VAVA hub to a UNI hub, which I luckily already had. Now all is fine again. Seems like this update is problematic for various USB hubs.

• FWIW, I got a simple UGreen widget… just a power passthrough and headphone jack. It’s working, so I’m back in business. It means I’ve lost the USB hub capability of the Hyperdrive, but I’m thinking of trying out that UNI, then daisychaining the UGreen to it.