Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

macOS Update 14.1 disabled my USB hub - no keyboard no mouse

Again ....

I cannot tell you how much I hate Apple!

they constantly brag about the shit they add to their OS. like widgets or emojies ...

But they simply CANNOT program an operating system!

Because of the security updates, I checked wether all of my important programs still work on Sonoma and version 14.1
All looked fine.

What I did not expect to fail was something as simple as a USB Hub for keyboard and mouse.

And they broke it!

Reboot over VNC from iPad did not help - I cannot type in my password or move the mouse!

As it seems, I now need to remove not only the hub from my Mac, but also some external drive!!
Otherwise, I cannot use the mouse.

Apple clearly has the wrong priorities!

Comments

• tjatja
    edited October 2023

And not only that, I now need to add and remove both mouse and keyboard every time when using my work laptop and my Linux proxmox computer - everytime I need to switch.
    Instead of just pressing a button.

• And to get out of this, I need to play a guessing-game by trying out other hubs ...
    Buying, testing, resending ...

MANY MANY thanks, Apple!!!

• And i even waited for 14.1 before updating, to skip initial bugs ... 😐😐😐

• Sounds like the kind of "fun" I had with my recent iOS 16 "upgrade" 😄

• @tja said:
    Again ....

I switched from Windows for similar reasons.
    I’m happier with a mac though… I hope your issue gets fixed!

• @A_Fox said:

@tja said:
    Again ....

I switched from Windows for similar reasons.
    I’m happier with a mac though… I hope your issue gets fixed!

I had an older Hub, which still works - so I don't need to change and cripple my setup.

Thanks!
    I wish you that you don't run into similar problems 😉