Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mini Orchestra - AUv3 Symphonic Orchestra - Tutorial & Demo

A little symphonic orchestra at your fingertips.
Actually, this is really good, sits at an astonishing 110 mb or just under and sounds pretty good.

You can get it here at the App Store
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/mini-orchestra/id6444086798

Comments

• Quite impressive. Thank you for the lovely demo.

• Excellent. I’ve said since I joined this is the best orchestral auv3 plug-in for iPadOS .

• @bluegroove @dreamcartel Many thanks.
    Yes, it’s pretty good, plus, it’s fun to play & it takes up very little space.

• This is exactly the kind of deep dive I’ve been wanting to see on this app. It sounds excellent and definitely helped me make my mind up. Between AudioLayer, DS, and PSP I’m not in a HUGE hurry, but for what it does I do think it’s the best on iOS. Outside of something like SWAM or StaffPad

• Thanks for the in depth video Doug @thesoundtestroom.

It’s a really clever scheme and user interface. It’s a perfect compliment for @azul3D_Apps Piano Motifs app for instant
    orchestral track.

You make it sound great with your keyboard chops.

• @HotStrange said:
    This is exactly the kind of deep dive I’ve been wanting to see on this app.

• @Simon said:

@HotStrange said:

Oh wow I never noticed Jade did a stream about it as well. Have you tried it Simon? I really don’t use orchestral sounds very often but what intrigues me most is the ability to sorta create your own or play each part individually as it’s own thing. Really unique idea. Would be even better with multi out.

• edited October 2023

@McD said:
    Thanks for the in depth video Doug @thesoundtestroom.

It’s a really clever scheme and user interface. It’s a perfect compliment for @azul3D_Apps Piano Motifs app for instant
    orchestral track.

You make it sound great with your keyboard chops.

Great video Doug @thesoundtestroom! Agreed @McD, works great with Piano Motifs. For better results you might have to adjust the Accomp velocity down a bit specially for chord Accompaniments, and also adjust both Melody and Accomp Octave Shifts to get the appropriate instruments to play. Also, setting the Melody Max Note duration to a value like 1 can help reduce “muddiness” when Melody notes are sparse hence long (generated for piano not violins). I have gotten some nice results using the Arpeggio w/Bass Accomp Style.

Edit: All the adjustments I mentioned are in the Piano Motifs app.

• @HotStrange said:

@Simon said:

@HotStrange said:

Oh wow I never noticed Jade did a stream about it as well. Have you tried it Simon?

No. But it looks good.

• So, am I the only one that hears a bit of "sound font fake-ness" in the sounds? Also, no pizzicato, spiccato, etc options?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    So, am I the only one that hears a bit of "sound font fake-ness" in the sounds? Also, no pizzicato, spiccato, etc options?

It's a $20, 15Mb app.

I don't think it is meant to compete with expensive sound libraries with gigs of sounds.

• @Simon said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    So, am I the only one that hears a bit of "sound font fake-ness" in the sounds? Also, no pizzicato, spiccato, etc options?

It's a $20, 15Mb app.

I don't think it is meant to compete with expensive sound libraries with gigs of sounds.

I'm using AudioLayer with the free symphonic libraries. They include these options. This app would be easier than having to arrange 4-5 AudioLayers but it sounds/looks to me like there are some trade-offs even within this price range.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm using AudioLayer with the free symphonic libraries. They include these options. This app would be easier than having to arrange 4-5 AudioLayers but it sounds/looks to me like there are some trade-offs even within this price range.

Yes.

There might also be some advantages with Mini Orch being less CPU intensive. Not sure about that though as I don't have either app.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Simon said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

It's a $20, 15Mb app.

I recently found out about those packs that’s to @NeuM and they really do sound fantastic and did quell a lot of my desires for more orchestral apps.

• @HotStrange said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Simon said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

It's a $20, 15Mb app.

I recently found out about those packs that’s to @NeuM and they really do sound fantastic and did quell a lot of my desires for more orchestral apps.

👍