Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I know for sure - Made with Drambo

https://youtu.be/QJpCa4-sU9Q?si=rfodqwjkBAE2eHjy

Making this was a blast! Genre, spaghetti western electronic music. 🤷‍♂️

Hope you enjoy the ride. Appreciate your feedback.

P.S. We need a non-profit: Musicians without Genres

Comments

• Great sounds!
    And thanks for posting 😊

• Oh yeah that’s the stuff. Fantastic work!

Are you using mostly Drambo itself for the sounds as well?

• Lots of cool sounds and sequences in this track. Nice track

• Outstanding!

• edited October 2023

Thank you @rs2000 @HotStrange @jdp000 @Paulieworld !!!

@rs2000 My pleasure! This is the 3rd song for an album I’m working on. All songs made, mixed, mastered with Drambo including Drambo’s own sounds/modulators/processors, plus some AU Synths, and audio/MIDI processors. Given the time it takes it will probably be a couple of months or more based on what real life sends my way. But it’s a joy working with Drambo!

@HotStrange Here’s what I used. I start with presets but tweak and modulate each to make the sounds a little unique and stand out.

Drums: Flexi sampler - drum sounds made in Korg Gadget. Sequenced with DrumComputer
    Bass 1: Drambo’s Jon Keys
    Bass 2 and 3: Moog Model-D
    Brass: Drambo’s Classic Raw
    Guitar 1: TGX-85
    Guitar 2: Drambo’s Magic See 2
    Synth 1: Poison
    Synth 2: DRC
    Synth 3, 4, 5: SynthMaster Player
    Sound Sample 1 and 2: Drambo Sampler

Drambo has some great presets itself and they sound great. I was already a fan of SynthMaster 1&2 but recently SynthMaster Player has become one of my go to synths. It sounds fantastic. I love Gadget’s drum sounds so making the drum sounds in gadget is part of my regular workflow. TGX-85 which is relatively new is a sound powerhouse as well.

Now just think about how much it would’ve cost to put this song together if it wasn’t for the iPad, Drambo, and all these great apps.

• @reezygle great choices for the AUs! I love the TGX-85 IAP. I’ve been using it a lot myself. DRC and Poison are 2 more favorites as well. I need to use Gadget more in that way (exporting sequences and patterns) instead of only using it standalone like I tend to.

SM 1&2 are fantastic but I ended up deleting the Player app so save on space because it takes up a lot of it. Does it have presets that aren’t available in the other apps? I thought it was just presets from SM1 but I also may be misremembering.

• @HotStrange said:
    @reezygle great choices for the AUs! I love the TGX-85 IAP. I’ve been using it a lot myself. DRC and Poison are 2 more favorites as well. I need to use Gadget more in that way (exporting sequences and patterns) instead of only using it standalone like I tend to.

SM 1&2 are fantastic but I ended up deleting the Player app so save on space because it takes up a lot of it. Does it have presets that aren’t available in the other apps? I thought it was just presets from SM1 but I also may be misremembering.

Thanks! All of these are my go tos. I’m not sure if they are the exact presets as SM1. One of the reasons I use player is that the UI is not cluttered and it’s fast to audition the sounds. When I get a preset that’s close to what I’m looking for, I can modulate what I want and send it through other drambo or AU effect’s. I can also layer the sounds with other synths. It’s perfect for my workflow and the type off music I make.

I used Gadget a few years ago when I started producing on iPad. I think it was the second app I used after GarageBand. Good sounding synths and really good sounding drums IMHO. I pick the drum sounds I want and just create a 1 bar clip with 1 note per drum sound. Then I export the audio of that 1 clip, bring it into flexi, slice it with transition detection and basically make my own drum machine on a single track.

At the end of the day, that’s the beauty of iPad music production. You can hook up anything together easily and the possibilities are endless. And it’s all inexpensive! Never-ending fun.

• @reezygle said:

@HotStrange said:
    @reezygle great choices for the AUs! I love the TGX-85 IAP. I’ve been using it a lot myself. DRC and Poison are 2 more favorites as well. I need to use Gadget more in that way (exporting sequences and patterns) instead of only using it standalone like I tend to.

Thanks! All of these are my go tos. I’m not sure if they are the exact presets as SM1. One of the reasons I use player is that the UI is not cluttered and it’s fast to audition the sounds. When I get a preset that’s close to what I’m looking for, I can modulate what I want and send it through other drambo or AU effect’s. I can also layer the sounds with other synths. It’s perfect for my workflow and the type off music I make.

I used Gadget a few years ago when I started producing on iPad. I think it was the second app I used after GarageBand. Good sounding synths and really good sounding drums IMHO. I pick the drum sounds I want and just create a 1 bar clip with 1 note per drum sound. Then I export the audio of that 1 clip, bring it into flexi, slice it with transition detection and basically make my own drum machine on a single track.

At the end of the day, that’s the beauty of iPad music production. You can hook up anything together easily and the possibilities are endless. And it’s all inexpensive! Never-ending fun.

Gadget was second to GarageBand for me as well back in when I came out. It was almost all I used for a solid 2 years probably. I still go back to it now and always have blast. So much variety. If Korg made the Gadgets available as AUs or added AU hosting I would lose my mind lol

I’ve actually been considering ditching SM1 for the Player app for now purely because of how much better the UI is. I really love the sound of those apps but the UI is not great, imo.

I agree with your last point completely. Being able to route things quickly in any possible way is super inspiring.

• Super fun track! Keep it up!

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Super fun track! Keep it up!

Thank you!

• Excellent 🙏

• Stellar (Ennio Morricone would love it.) dRambo is put to great use in your hands

• Good job!👍🏻