Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module symphonic time: Choosers Of The Slain

edited October 2023 in Creations

“Vigrid the plain is called, where in fight shall meet Surt and the gentle Gods” - Vafþrúðnismál

Heimdall sounds Gjallarhorn, and the greatest battle, long foretold, begins at the plain called Vigrid, in the time called Ragnarok. A battle doomed to end in defeat, and the death of almost all the gods. Knowing this, yet still they fight: bravely, hopelessly, as their Wyrd demands. Death is not denied, even for Aesir. The sole question, then? The same for them as it is for us. Never ‘if’ to die. But ‘how.’

I will see you, friend, in the field of deeds, at Ithavoll. Or not.

A little more Norse/Darkwave action, occasioned by the Korg Module “KApro London Symphonic Orchestra" IAP

(p.s.: the smart money is on Ratatoskr playing the long game for the win. All it takes is one acorn in the clutches of a little squirrel, and Yggdrasil the world-tree can bloom again, in Midgard, and Asgard, and across all the other seven realms, giving shelter to the mortal man and woman Lif and Lifthrasir in life as it did at its fiery death. Or, as a popular tv show once put it: All this has happened before, and will happen again…)

Comments

• Epic, and apposite for the times we’re living in. Grim, but hope in the darkness. That squirrel had better be on the ball!

• edited October 2023

Thank you! Yes, that plucky little squirrel… :)

I feel very drawn to the clear eyed fatalism at the heart of the Norse world view. The very definition of an existential living in the moment, eat drink and be merry, etcetera, and also, a very human perspective, somehow. Their gods are not lofty, even they are doomed, and know it, too, but with the turning of the wheel of time, the great play will begin again.

I find myself collecting Norse sayings, they seem so brutally funny, brutally true. Like an inscription found on one of their graves, of someone who had died young, even by the standards of their times:

“He got what everyone gets. A lifetime.”

Something beautiful in that bluntness.

• Fantastic stuff my friend bravo 👏

I just finished my trial with the new IAP and I do think I’m gonna buy it as well. It doesn’t sound as…idk….cheesy?…as some other orchestral IAPs and apps. Very cinematic.

• Epic indeed, I can hear this as an alternative soundtrack to the battle scenes in LOTR.
    Regarding Vikings when we went to the Orkney Islands a few years ago we went to Maeshowe, a Neolithic chambered cairn that has the largest number of carved Norse runes outside of Scandinavia. One of the runes translates as ‘Thorni fucked. Helgi carved’ which just proves that nothing really changes 😊

• Squirrel?!

I like the part where it sounds like a sword being sharpened. What did you use for that? Sample or synthesized?

Just before listened I took a detour into Noises banks and thought this just needs some swords and orchestra to be epic.

• edited November 2023

Squirrel!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratatoskr

There is apparently no positive evidence that the little fella survives Ragnarok… but then again, none that he didn’t either. A small handful of lesser gods do make it, and two humans. And maybe, just maybe, one member of the family Sciuridae, with an acorn clutched in his little mitts…

It’s a cymbal sample, slowed and messed with.

@GeoTony : Oh, I am envious! That must have been quite a thing to experience. The nearest I got was the massive Vikings exhibition we had in London a few years ago. The centrepiece was the remains of a Viking cargo ship, the few original preserved timbers filled out with steel struts to recreate the original, startlingly vast scale of the boat.

But the highlight of the exhibition for me was a mini display centered around the grave goods of a high status woman, who appeared to have been a Volva - a Viking seeress, or witch. Prominent among the items? An actual, unmistakeable, beautifully made freaking magic wand. To be just inches away from such an item, once held in the hand of this mysterious woman… The tool of her trade.

The accompanying account of the life of a volva - at a time when most people male and female alike lived and died within a few miles of their birthplace, volva, like the Viking warriors, ranged far and wide, offering magical services and divination to local lords, healing salves and potions to the common people, and were feted as honoured guests wherever they visited. So compelling. A strong, independent female spell slinger for hire, roaming free across savage lands… How could you not be swept up in the romance of that?

• This is hugely epic and wonderful! A worthy accompaniment to the Sagas!