Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First full NoInputMixer track: Zero Input

edited September 2023 in Creations

Q: What is Zero Input?

A: “The zero input response is the natural response of a system to its initial conditions, that is, how the system behaves without any external inputs.”

I’m still very much enjoying the amazing things other forum members are doing with the little noise backing track I made as a proof of concept first go with the awesome NoInputMixer app:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/noinputmixer/id6449369200

This though is my own first proper stand-alone go with it, unaccompanied, as it were, and I have to say, in it’s untameable randomness and infinite tweakability, it seems like an instrument custom made for a haphazard, experimentally-inclined knob twiddler such as myself. There really is nothing else like it on iPad. Reminiscent of my course through life thus far, I don’t pretend to understand it, but I love it all the same…! :)

No other instruments used, everything here was created inside Noinputmixer, inside AUM, using my own settings. I used LRC5 and Mazerider to tame the hairiness a little after the fact, but that was it. All the rest was live mixing of multiple File Player takes to AudioShare. Who needs synths and DAWs anyway? ;)

Comments

• Lovely as usual! I think @Kashi would like this as an example of NoInputMixer doing something mellow

• Nice track! I miss some built in (simple to apply) automation cause knobs and sliders needs to be moved.

I'm planning an all Igor setup with NoInputMixer // SoundScaper // GlitchScaper // BeatCutter and the superb SpaceFields. AltiSpace 2 and SoundSaw might get some love too.

• Lovely stuff, In full control of the beast 🙌

• @Pxlhg said:
    Nice track! I miss some built in (simple to apply) automation cause knobs and sliders needs to be moved.

If we automate the controls and play them back, do we think one would get exactly the same results each time with this app?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Nice track! I miss some built in (simple to apply) automation cause knobs and sliders needs to be moved.

If we automate the controls and play them back, do we think one would get exactly the same results each time with this app?

I would think so, yes. With actual mixers maybe not as outer factors can influence but this is digital. But, who knows, test it.😁

• @Gavinski said:
    Lovely as usual! I think @Kashi would like this as an example of NoInputMixer doing something mellow

Yep! Sounds good. Sweet of you to think of me Gav, cheers!

• Surely zero input ignores the significant input and talent of both the app developer and the user of the app ?

• A really great piece of Ambient. Now No Input Mixer is on my radar.

• This is really beautiful stuff! (NB understatement!)

• Can’t believe I missed this one! It’s beautiful!!! Did you sample various loops of it!? It’s really evocative!!!!!