Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini Audio - The Voltour Valve Enhancer (overdrive/distortion)

edited September 2023 in General App Discussion

They cloned Thermionic Culture - The Culture Vulture, absolutely legendary overdrive/distortion, golden piece of HW, mandatory in every studio. Very excited about this one, didn’t tried it yet but considering quality of NA plugins, i have big hopes for this one.

https://apps.apple.com/sk/app/the-voltour-valve-enhancer/id6462812585

Comments

• Quite the week for tube/valve emulation plugins!

• edited September 2023

Wow we went from very few valve distortion apps (if any?) to now 3 in one week haha. I haven’t gotten Valves yet. I did get WoodValvet and it’s great but I gotta admit I’m more interested in this than Valves, despite owning and loving all of AudioThings other apps. Have you tried it yet Dendy?

Looks like this just lacks a resonant filter and the cabinet models but looks equally as cool.

• Valves! Valves everywhere!

• edited September 2023

@HotStrange said:
    Wow we went from very few valve distortion apps (if any?) to now 3 in one week haha. I haven’t gotten Valves yet. I did get WoodValvet and it’s great but I gotta admit I’m more interested in this than Valves, despite owning and loving all of AudioThings other apps. Have you tried it yet Dendy?

Looks like this just lacks a resonant filter and the cabinet models but looks equally as cool.

Sounds great to my ears ... anyway can't tell if it is faithful reproduction of The Culture Vulture cause never had luck to put my hands on it. Hope somebody will do A/B test, i am REALLY curious how good is this emulation. Always wanted to have Culture Vulture but in terms of price it's absolutely different galaxy than then one i live in :lol: :lol:

Just for illustriation, for people who don't know what we are getting for few dollars:

But again. Hope somebody will do A/B test.

• edited September 2023

@dendy said:

@HotStrange said:

Sounds great to my ears ... anyway can't tell if it is faithful reproduction of The Culture Vulture cause never had luck to put my hands on it. Hope somebody will do A/B test, i am REALLY curious how good is this emulation. Always wanted to have Culture Vulture but in terms of price it's absolutely different galaxy than then one i live in :lol: :lol:

Just for illustriation, for people who don't know what we are getting for few dollars:

But again. Hope somebody will do A/B test.

Woah just for that?? I mean I’m sure it sounds great but yeah I’m not affording that lol

Might take a chance on this one. Want to see a demo first though. How does it compare to Valves?

• I heard a demo from an original unit on some drum loops. Very interesting.. warm sound.

• Curious how it compares to f.e. Arturia’s desktop version.

• @Pxlhg said:

Wow, that sounds great. I really didn't think I needed another tube saturation plugin, and then that demo comes along. 😭

• Special sauce, I can imagine this will give that little extra ‘vavoom’. I think I’ll bite on it this weekend.

• edited September 2023

@richardyot said:

@Pxlhg said:

Wow, that sounds great. I really didn't think I needed another tube saturation plugin, and then that demo comes along. 😭

Culture Vulture is not “another tube saturation” ;)

Culture Vulture is “The Tube Saturation/Distortion”.

If all tube saturations are Sauron’s rings, then Culture Vulture is The One Ring 😂

Looks like NA nailed the emulation. Very cool !

• I like the fuzzyness the most! 😝

• What’s the word on this vs Valves? Kinda leaning towards this honestly.

• @HotStrange said:
    What’s the word on this vs Valves? Kinda leaning towards this honestly.

I tried to compare the two and there’s a lot of similarities in the tone shaping. For me, using a guitar input the Nembrini sounds more like a piece of good analog hardware.

Opportunity wise, Valves is intro priced at 66% off ($14.99 down to $4.99).

Not sure if the Nembrini $7.99 is their customary 50% off intro price or not.

Wait and it might be $15 for either.

I didn’t pick up the Woodsman valve app to weigh in there.

• @McD said:

@HotStrange said:
    What’s the word on this vs Valves? Kinda leaning towards this honestly.

I tried to compare the two and there’s a lot of similarities in the tone shaping. For me, using a guitar input the Nembrini sounds more like a piece of good analog hardware.

Opportunity wise, Valves is intro priced at 66% off ($14.99 down to $4.99).

Not sure if the Nembrini $7.99 is their customary 50% off intro price or not.

Wait and it might be $15 for either.

I didn’t pick up the Woodsman valve app to weigh in there.

Much appreciated. I picked up the Woodmans app for its more experimental tweaking capabilities (it’s great!) but passed on Valves temporarily. I may pick up both while they’re on intro. There aren’t many standalone tube saturation apps, so it doesn’t feel super redundant to pick up 2-3 of them. And they all seem different though.

Do you have a favorite of the 2 so far?

• First preset is ‘303 Distortion’ - lessssgooooo 🤟

• @gusgranite said:
    First preset is ‘303 Distortion’ - lessssgooooo 🤟

I hear you !

• @dendy said:

@gusgranite said:

I hear you !

Bring it, @dendy ! 😎

• @dendy said:

@gusgranite said:

I hear you !

Holy shit! 👍👍😎

• @dendy said:

@gusgranite said:

I hear you !

Aciiiiiiiiiid!

• @dendy said:

@gusgranite said:

I hear you !

Brilliant! 🤩

• @dendy That freakin’ rocked! 🤘

• It’s not showing up in Cubasis, anyone can confirm this?

• @Slush said:
    It’s not showing up in Cubasis, anyone can confirm this?

Are you loading it as an FX?

• @wim said:

@Slush said:

Are you loading it as an FX?

Yes. At least, that’s what I am trying to but it’s not showing in the Audio Units list.

• So, I bought this because I buy everything from Nembrini (not knowing anything about the original unit). Is this mostly used on synths or something? Cause on guitar I got nothing but flubby mud and other generally terrible tones. I assume I must be doing something wrong. Where would this go in the chain - before amp, in place of amp, post amp, not on guitars at all? Would like for this not to end up as a wasted purchase.

• @Slush said:

Have you rebooted?

• @spiteface said:
    So, I bought this because I buy everything from Nembrini (not knowing anything about the original unit). Is this mostly used on synths or something? Cause on guitar I got nothing but flubby mud and other generally terrible tones. I assume I must be doing something wrong. Where would this go in the chain - before amp, in place of amp, post amp, not on guitars at all? Would like for this not to end up as a wasted purchase.

Here’s a demo from former forum member Flo. Worth noting that he makes everything sound great…