Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo 2.25!

Changelog:

• New IAP "DSP extensions 1" containing 2 modules: Wave scanner and BBD resonator.
  • MIDI clips may be imported and exported now (Clip menu)
  • Rack view may be enlarged to 110% of it's original size (iPad only, Settings)
  • Sample browser: added web browser mode. You may download samples directly from websites (e.g. freesounds.org)
  • Added MIDI sequencer module
  • Analog filter module: added a new filter model FDB LP12 - self modulating 2 pole LP filter
  • Wavetables/Wave spline module added: draw or waveshape wavetable
  • Wavetables/Wave motion module: added a new type of wavetable modulation
  • Wavetables/Wave effect module: added Bitmask phase effect
  • Graphic envelope module: added bar sync option
  • Flexi sampler: Load and Rec buttons are visible, when sample is not loaded. Swipe down to remove sample.
  • Recorder module: sample is saved with a project. Tapping wave shows extended view
  • LFO module: added random sine and random triangle waveforms
  • Oscillator mini module: added "2 detuned saws" mode
  • X/Y pad module: added popover mode
  • Morph module: fixed issues with wrong color coding, added "Clear assigns" action.
  • Pitch module - semi and fine paramters are bipolar now
  • Stems recording: tapping play while transport is running will disarm recording
  • Piano roll editor and multitrack step sequencer: fixed several minor issues
  • Long labels are truncated in the middle
  • Clip p-locking: remains active when Select button is down
  • Piano keyboard: added Mixolydian scale
  • Ableton Link: Drambo doesn't change link tempo after loading a new project
  • Fixed issues with mapping AUv3 parameters via map menu in some plugins.

Comments

• Oh this is great news. I’m diving further & further into Drambo so this is a great day.

• I’m considering buying Drambo but wondering how it’ll perform on older hardware, especially with ever more wavetable stuff being added (I have 7th gen iPad with A10 and 3GB of RAM). Is Drambo heavy on the resources? Anyone here using it on an iPad similar to mine?

• @aoverflow said:
    I’m considering buying Drambo but wondering how it’ll perform on older hardware, especially with ever more wavetable stuff being added (I have 7th gen iPad with A10 and 3GB of RAM). Is Drambo heavy on the resources? Anyone here using it on an iPad similar to mine?

Drambo is exceptionally efficient. On my iPad 6th gen, I would have to build a huge monster to get to the CPU limits.
    The Demo song "Drambo on Waves" even runs on my old iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6 (not 6S) (thanks to Drambo still supporting iOS 12) with a large enough buffer!

And Drambo only needs more resources as you add more modules. So don't hesitate to load 10 or 20 Drambo instances in your other DAW or inside Drambo itself if it's just for some simple patches.

• @rs2000 said:

@aoverflow said:
    I’m considering buying Drambo but wondering how it’ll perform on older hardware, especially with ever more wavetable stuff being added (I have 7th gen iPad with A10 and 3GB of RAM). Is Drambo heavy on the resources? Anyone here using it on an iPad similar to mine?

Drambo is exceptionally efficient. On my iPad 6th gen, I would have to build a huge monster to get to the CPU limits.
    The Demo song "Drambo on Waves" even runs on my old iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6 (not 6S) (thanks to Drambo still supporting iOS 12) with a large enough buffer!

And Drambo only needs more resources as you add more modules. So don't hesitate to load 10 or 20 Drambo instances in your other DAW or inside Drambo itself if it's just for some simple patches.

Excellent news! Thank you

• Oh sweet! I’ve been using Drambo a lot more lately so this will be fun. Web browser mode is very cool and unexpected.

• edited September 2023

Wonderful! The wavetable osc was already insanely powerful and just keeps getting more features. New filter model sound gnarly.

• Awesome. Thanks for the update! Can't wait to explore.

• edited September 2023

Yes.. midi import/export… Nice… Thank You..

• Best rez, ever.

• Wheres the wave scanner ?

• @sigma79 said:
    Wheres the wave scanner ?

It's in the Oscillator category, you have to buy the IAP first though

• @Grandbear said:

@sigma79 said:
    Wheres the wave scanner ?

It's in the Oscillator category, you have to buy the IAP first though

Thanks.

Found it.

• Way to go @giku_beepstreet
    So happy to see this gem of an update released. 👊🏼™️

• This is incredible! This will definitely get me back into using Drambo! I'm absolutely impressed. :) Well done @giku_beepstreet !

• If you grok Drambo, how many hours did it take to get there?

• fuckin drambo eh?! Legends, thank you @giku_beepstreet

• I had a feeling this update was coming soon, as there’s been new beta versions popping up recently.

Drambo.. ugh, I love it so much!

• It gets better and better

• edited September 2023

The wave scanner.

Lfo scrolls slices. Which are set to random and triggered via sequencer.

• Added MIDI sequencer module…

Anyone?

• @GUB said:
    If you grok Drambo, how many hours did it take to get there?

That's a bit like asking "How many hours does it take to learn to cook." You can learn to make a peanut butter sandwich, chicken noodle soup, a soufflé, French pastries, or a seven course meal from vegetables and meat you raised yourself. At which point does one know how to cook?

There isn't a measurable end point where you "know" Drambo. There are degrees where you grok what it is you're trying to do with it. For basic stuff, a few minutes. Making your own simple subtractive synth, 1/2 hour to several hours depending on how well you understand the components of a synth. Basic sequencing maybe an hour. Sequencing with probability, humanization, automation ...

• wimwim
    edited September 2023

@RajahP said:
    Added MIDI sequencer module…

Anyone?

The in-app help for the module describes it well - basically all of Drambo's sequencing capability in a module, with all kinds of useful playback controls. It looks like it's going to be insanely useful. 😎

My brain is more than a little bit blown at the moment.

• Found a v.weird bug with this update -

. Start a new project & set bpm to 135
    . Place a kick (eg with the Shot sampler) on the 4beats (aka 4on the floor)
    . Press Play in Drambo > the 4th beat is distorted/doesn’t play right

I’ve reported this to beepstreet, but wanted to let everyone know as this seems to effect projects specifically at 135bpm, other tempos I’ve tested work fine..

• @wim said:

@RajahP said:

Anyone?

The in-app help for the module describes it well - basically all of Drambo's sequencing capability in a module, with all kinds of useful playback controls. It looks like it's going to be insanely useful. 😎

Ok.. saw the help section on it.. Maybe a video on it will pop up soon.

• edited September 2023

@RajahP said:

@wim said:

@RajahP said:

Anyone?

Ok.. saw the help section on it.. Maybe a video on it will pop up soon.

For a quick start:

• The Sequencer module usually goes in front of the MIDI2CV module.

• Tap on the sequence mini-view to edit that sequence on the step sequencer or in the piano roll.

• If you have multiple Sequencer modules on the same track, mix their MIDI streams using MIDI Mixer or switch between them by means of the MIDI N-to-1 switch.

• You can use notes for the usual musical purposes but you can also re-use its note grid as a rhythmic source of values for modulation (with pitch and velocity used separately if you like) for doing modulation patterns like in the Moogerfooger MuRF etc. - The MIDI N-to-1 switch will let you choose between different prepared patterns sent by different Sequencer modules on the same track and MIDI to CV will send the corresponding (polyphonic) values.

• Notes mode is worth trying with MIDI in = Transpose and MIDI input connected to the track's MIDI.

• Also try the Time input mode. Put a knob in front of it, set its range to Min=0 and Max=4 and connect the Sequencer's time input to the knob's output. You can now scrub on your sequence in both directions (Drambo will try its best to fix MIDI Note On and Note Off messages for you) 😊

• Experienced Drambo users might use a Graphic Shaper, Graphic Modulator or CV Sequencer to implement "Groove Quantize" by modifying the Time signal...

• The sequencer module’s rate knob is basically fugue machine in Drambo 😄

• edited September 2023

• Yea that’s a fantastic update. I’ve been aching for midi import/export, I have every midi pattern I ever made over the past 20 years saved in a folder 🥹 That’s the sole reason I got LK and now Drambo made other sequences redundant

• @RajahP said:
    Yes.. midi import/export… Nice… Thank You..

👆

Perfect timing on this one @giku_beepstreet

Awesome!

Looking forward to trying out the midi sequencer module too

• Holy crap that update list is insane.