Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For EU users: right of withdrawal in the App Store

A question for you EU users: I recently purchased an app which, similarly to a previous purchase, is just bad and sometimes crashed too. I had a similar experience some months ago and I asked for a refund with the motivation that the app is just not working correctly and I was denied. Now I'm in the 14 days of right of withdrawal and I was wondering if I should choose this option instead of the "malfunction" motivation. Do I have better chances of getting a refund? I really can't accept paying for something which doesn't work correctly and not getting a refund for no reasons.

Comments

• Yeah go for right of withdrawal

• rvrrvr
    edited August 2023

Good luck my friend, hope you get to acceptance stage asap 🤝😂 me also would be thankful for any related info. I haven't been refunded for 15+ purchases and there is no explanation they give. I can guess they have an automatic algorhytm which calculates the balance of purchased vs refund requests and if you go above they automatically reject. Also to share - only once they did refund after 2nd request with explanations, so also to guess that hardly anyone reads that stuff. Apple at its best👏

• On top of my head you don’t have to give a reason at all. It’s just your right to get a refund. But I remember choosing that the app didn’t work as expected. I have done it a couple of times, usually within a day or 2 and I never had any issues getting my money back, so this is strange. I honestly don’t know the timeframe for a refund.

• If you bought a product or a service online or outside of a shop (by telephone, mail order, from a door-to-door salesperson), you also have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days, for any reason and without a justification.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

• With the "right to return" I always got a refund. Previously when I gave other reasons I did not always get a refund.

• edited August 2023

i never had an issue with getting money back from Apple if i wasn't happy with an app.

• @unlink said:
    A question for you EU users: I recently purchased an app which, similarly to a previous purchase, is just bad and sometimes crashed too. I had a similar experience some months ago and I asked for a refund with the motivation that the app is just not working correctly and I was denied. Now I'm in the 14 days of right of withdrawal and I was wondering if I should choose this option instead of the "malfunction" motivation. Do I have better chances of getting a refund? I really can't accept paying for something which doesn't work correctly and not getting a refund for no reasons.

I know you are waiting for someone to ask, what was the app? ;)

• edited August 2023

if you’re from EU just use “right of withdrawal” as reason and that’s it .. they MUST return you money, there is no way you get rejected as soon as you are in 14 days time frame

• @Luxthor said:

@unlink said:

Not really, I'd rather not point the finger against anyone, also because the cause could be in my iPad or my specific usage of the app (which was very basic anyway..).

• @dendy said:
    if you’re from EU just use “right of withdrawal” as reason and that’s it .. they MUST return you money, there is no way you get rejected as soon as you are in 14 days time frame

This. They can refuse very fucking arbitrarily with zero feedback on any other reason given. You're lucky you have this option, one of the (many) upsides of EU regulatory frameworks. It really annoys me when a valid refund request is rejected by Apple.

• @unlink said:

@Luxthor said:

@unlink said:

Not really, I'd rather not point the finger against anyone, also because the cause could be in my iPad or my specific usage of the app (which was very basic anyway..).

If the option for an immediate refund is available to you, use it.

• @unlink said:

@Luxthor said:

@unlink said:

Sry, I misread your post, I thought you were saying the app is bad. Never mind! ;)

• I wish we had the RoW in Australia.

• @Luxthor said:

@unlink said:

@Luxthor said:

@unlink said:

Sry, I misread your post, I thought you were saying the app is bad. Never mind! ;)

I mean, the workflow is very bad imho but it's just an opinion. The crashes mean the app is badly built but I still don't like to point out the dev publicly.

• @Gavinski said:

@dendy said:

This. They can refuse very fucking arbitrarily with zero feedback on any other reason given. You're lucky you have this option, one of the (many) upsides of EU regulatory frameworks. It really annoys me when a valid refund request is rejected by Apple.

Yeah i am glad i live in EU :-) Even through sometimes are regulations a bit over the top (like GDPR preventing of use GPT api for business purposes), still it’s great place to live - not all countries are ideal but in general i like EU and especially my home country …

• @unlink said:

@Luxthor said:

@unlink said:

@Luxthor said:

@unlink said:

I mean, the workflow is very bad imho but it's just an opinion. The crashes mean the app is badly built but I still don't like to point out the dev publicly.

I appreciate your kindness to not expose the app, no worries. Every one of us has ‘those’ apps. 🫣🫶

• edited March 10

Its really unacceptable habit, that they refuse all my refunds. for auv3 stuffs like cause huge latency on channel, and with missing basic functions, promising something at the description of the application. You can realise when it's purchsed.
    I like the the words you can read anywhere "You can ask Apple, ...request"...and stuff like that. If refused you have a second "Chance" :) where you can describe your problem, then you got an other refuse. No it should not be a request specially if it doesnt work as described. And this is completely unacceptable.

• wimwim
    edited March 10

@arnou said:
    No it should not be a request specially if it doesnt work as described. And this is completely unacceptable.

True. But there's not really much that can be done about it. You might check to see if there is any organization in your country that can advocate for you. You're unlikely to get anywhere with Apple on your own.

• If you contact support (same form but instead of refund you report the issue) they will ask you to try to find a solution with the developer. If that doesn't work or it's not possible they should (might) offer a refund.

• Thanks for the useful infos guys.

• edited March 13

@unlink said:

It’s not a request it’s a command.

14 days online purchases they have no choice I think, I’ve done it so many times. Doesn’t matter if it works or you just feel like trolling them, it’s the law. As long as it’s non consumable

@dendy said:

This. Apple, being one of the most arrogant and deluded companies currently around get confused about the fact they literally have absolutely no choice. Like with the current AppStore stuff, the reason being that they are a company, and are being ALLOWED to operate by government and law to which they and their policies are subject. They have major problems getting this through their Apple genius heads.

Just to reiterate, it’s not a request, it’s an order. I genuinely think they can’t cope with this and so worded it that way. Hahaha

• @wingwizard said:

@unlink said:

>

This. Apple, being one of the most arrogant and deluded companies currently around get confused about the fact they literally have absolutely no choice. Like with the current AppStore stuff, the reason being that they are a company, and are being ALLOWED to operate by government and law to which they and their policies are subject. They have major problems getting this through their Apple genius heads.

Just to reiterate, it’s not a request, it’s an order. I genuinely think they can’t cope with this and so worded it that way. Hahaha

Sure Apple has a choice. If EU regulations make doing business in the EU impossible, Apple will discontinue selling in that market. There are consequences to every action taken against Apple (and every other company trying to compete in the EU).

• wimwim
    edited March 13

@wingwizard said:

@unlink said:

14 days online purchases they have no choice I think, I’ve done it so many times. Doesn’t matter if it works or you just feel like trolling them, it’s the law. As long as it’s non consumable

@dendy said:

A word of warning though. Apple has the right to terminate doing future business with any customer. Actually, I don't know if it's legal to do so, but they do, as reported by a user on this forum not long ago. They said Apple terminated their Apple ID after several refunded apps.

• Sorry for being grumpy in recent posts

• wimwim
    edited March 13

@wim said:

@wingwizard said:

@unlink said:

@dendy said:

A word of warning though. Apple has the right to terminate doing future business with any customer. Actually, I don't know if it's legal to do so, but they do, as reported by a user on this forum not long ago. They said Apple terminated their Apple ID after several refunded apps.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/59868/locked-out-of-appstore-anyone-has-experience-tips

(I'm just relaying the information. I have no idea whether there could have been more to the story than this.)

• edited March 13

If in the UK and for some reason is denied on the report a problem website (and still within the first 14 days) this can also be used:

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/uk/rightofwithdrawal-uk.pdf

(sending an email with the required information)

• edited March 13

@NeuM said:

@wingwizard said:

@unlink said:

>

Sure Apple has a choice. If EU regulations make doing business in the EU impossible, Apple will discontinue selling in that market. There are consequences to every action taken against Apple (and every other company trying to compete in the EU).

Being forced to stop operating is not a choice it’s the consequence of not having one. Continuing to break European law (which is there to protect consumers from corporate misconduct) will have that consequence for them.

Apple are the weak party here. The consequence you describe is one that threatens them and would be crippling. It’s their second biggest market in terms of sales and represents a <correction, I was forgetting eu vs Europe, easily done in the uk…> significantly larger population than America and is many nations, not just one. Which is why they’re doing as they’re told.

The regulations don’t make doing business impossible for any other company. It’s ensuring reasonable non-controlling monopolising behavior. It’s just Apple isn’t used to it.

• edited March 13

@wim said:

@wingwizard said:

@unlink said:

@dendy said:

Dubious about it being legal. Amazon operate similarly. Think you’d be in trouble if you opened a shop and decided not to admit certain groups or people so there must be some precedent on what constitutes a legal reason to do so, and acting in concordance with law doesn’t really seem to be one to me. But what do I know, I’m no solicitor. I’m actually in two minds about that one. Just on the basis that if I set up a business I’d feel it’s mine and I ‘should’ be able to choose who I sell to. But then the moment you set up a business you are agreeing to obey laws concerning it and benefitting from that same system financially. It’s like when some (not all) people say well this soldier who did this terrible thing has no responsibility they were just following orders. Yeah… like when you signed up you had no clue they were going to ask you to shoot people. You thought you were going to be handing out lollipops right…

I remember working for a large American children’s entertainment company, I mean this was no mickey mouse venture 👀, and they were wanting me to deny a mother’s request to delete her personal information. I said that can’t be legal, it’s her personal information, that’s data theft or something. In the end I advised the woman that my managers were telling me to pretend her information was gone and to seek legal advice over it as I’m just a lackey. My manager and project manager’s blasé attitude over someone personal information really appalled me given how right on they all are about child safety and the usual quota system stuff.

This is pretty typical, companies are incredulous when yiu ask them - I’ve done so many times. They say ‘we can’t do that’ as though that is in any way acceptable. All the money goes into taking, getting data and information and when that’s done they don’t care.

Imo There;s a dangerous culture globally more so in some countries than others of cowing to corporations and mistaking policy for law. Certain populations are far more submissive to authority for some reason.

• @wingwizard said:

@NeuM said:

@wingwizard said:

@unlink said:

>

Being forced to stop operating is not a choice it’s the consequence of not having one. Continuing to break European law (which is there to protect consumers from corporate misconduct) will have that consequence for them.

Apple are the weak party here. The consequence you describe is one that threatens them and would be crippling. It’s their second biggest market in terms of sales and represents over twice the population of America and many nations, not just one. Which is why they’re doing as they’re told.

The regulations don’t make doing business impossible for any other company. It’s ensuring reasonable non-controlling monopolising behavior. It’s just Apple isn’t used to it.

It’s definitely not twice the population of the US

• edited March 13

-wait a sec lol -> @michael_m said:

@wingwizard said:

@NeuM said:

@wingwizard said:

@unlink said:

>

Apple are the weak party here. The consequence you describe is one that threatens them and would be crippling. It’s their second biggest market in terms of sales and represents over twice the population of America and many nations, not just one. Which is why they’re doing as they’re told.

It’s definitely not twice the population of the US

Yeah you’re right, I was confusing Europe with the union for a moment. It’s 451 million which is still substantially larger than the American population. I just woke up is my excuse

European population is well over twice the us population (764 million vs 332 apparently).