Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best New Apps of 2023 - Your top nominees so far?

I’m just curious what people think are some of the best apps that have come out so far this year?

Must be first published in 2023.

Comments

• Butter Synth
    Hilda
    Dagger
    Moogerfooger Bundle

• Haven't even tried moogerfooger bundle yet but I suspect it will be up there.
    Hilda
    Combustor
    Pianoteq
    Mollilooper
    Best scholar
    Phonolyth
    The upcoming Naada geoshred IAPs
    Replicant 3
    Dials
    Tatat
    Mantis or Reels
    Probably Buttersynth but tbh I have barely got round to using it

• Oh, and pixel music

• Noises, Hilda, broohahaizer

• Pianoteq

• Is Logic Pro for iPad considered an App?
    Lumbeat’s Hip Hop Drummer..

Sorry, LP4iPad is sucking up so much of my time… it’s addictive… can’t get to many other apps..

• Did the unfiltered audio apps come out this year? If they did, then lo-fi-af.

And Hilda.

• Fabfilter Twin3...

• @Gavinski said:
    Haven't even tried moogerfooger bundle yet but I suspect it will be up there.
    Hilda
    Combustor
    Pianoteq
    Mollilooper
    Best scholar
    Phonolyth
    Replicant 3
    Dials
    Tatat
    Mantis or Reels

Why does a Replicant2 owner need Replicant 3? Assuming they do. I’ve been looking for an answer and I’ve heard a lot of stuff about interface, but what about the sound possibilities? I’m wondering if the varieties of glitchiness have increased… thx, G

• Logic, Dagger, Hilda

• Logic, Combustor

• Dagger
    Moogerfoogers only have one but it’s sweet.
    Hilda - don’t have yet but know it should be up there
    Surface Builder
    King of Bass
    Beatscholar
    Replicant 3

• @GUB said:

@Gavinski said:
    Hilda
    Combustor
    Pianoteq
    Mollilooper
    Best scholar
    Phonolyth
    Replicant 3
    Dials
    Tatat
    Mantis or Reels

Why does a Replicant2 owner need Replicant 3? Assuming they do. I’ve been looking for an answer and I’ve heard a lot of stuff about interface, but what about the sound possibilities? I’m wondering if the varieties of glitchiness have increased… thx, G

Main differences I can think of:

For synced times, Replicant 2 only has normal and dotted. Rep 3 has every type from dotted to nontuplet!

Rep 3 has a bunch of features Rep 2 doesn't - delay, bit reduction, ring mod, with total control of the level of each. You have control of envelope attack, hold and release times,

So rep 3 really has quite a lot extra, it's not just about UI

• For me it's Logic

• Well, now you’ve really made me want it. I seem to remember it was maybe like around 20 bucks or more so I balked. Michelle reinvestigate, thanks man.

@>; @Gavinski said:
    @GUB said:

@Gavinski said:
    Hilda
    Combustor
    Pianoteq
    Mollilooper
    Best scholar
    Phonolyth
    Replicant 3
    Dials
    Tatat
    Mantis or Reels

Main differences I can think of:

For synced times, Replicant 2 only has normal and dotted. Rep 3 has every type from dotted to nontuplet!

Rep 3 has a bunch of features Rep 2 doesn't - delay, bit reduction, ring mod, with total control of the level of each. You have control of envelope attack, hold and release times,

So rep 3 really has quite a lot extra, it's not just about UI

• For 2023 so far it is ABSOLUTELY Beat Scholar

• edited August 2023

Too many, too early! I’m still incapacitated by Noggenfogger elixir! ☠️😂

Twin3, DaggerSynth, TeraPro-FM7, Choric, Moogerfooger, VAPoly16, Logic, Mela4, Cascade, Voices, Tomofon, …

ButterSynth (if got fixed this year)

• For me Twin 3 and Cascade! 😍

• @Gavinski said:
    Hilda
    Combustor
    Pianoteq
    Mollilooper
    Best scholar
    Phonolyth
    Replicant 3
    Dials
    Tatat
    Mantis or Reels

is Naada not out? I hadnt heard of it, but googled it, and looks like its out in 2022? or is there another one coming out? either way, this reminded me i need to hop back on geoshred. one of those apps thats irreplaceable on desktop. The naada stuff sounds right up my alley for some of the more experimental trailer type stuff i do.

• Mela 4
    TB Lowtone
    Moogerfoogers
    Broohahaizer
    Tera Pro- on iPhone
    Springs
    Hilda

• edited August 2023

I can’t remember is the UA apps came out this year or last year? But they’re up there.

Buttersynth is my favorite synth app for sure. Mela 4 and Dagger are both very close though. LowTone, King of Bass, and SUBscription surprised me at how good they were. And Hilda feels like an actual hardware synth so it gets a spot just for that. Also Just Piano and the organ apps from GSI.

Effects wise the MoogerFoogers are already up there. Speakers, Springs, and Wires (I prefer it over reels for some reason) from AudioThing. Cascade. Choric. Replicant 3.

Drum wise Beat Scholar has become a favorite of all time. Has any other drum app came out this year?

Also love Tatat as a weird generative sequencer and Mollilooper for loops.

Favorite overall has to go to Pianoteq though.

Also a special shout out to the weirdly named music apps. They’ve all been really great but I find myself using Skippidisk and Broohahaizer the most.

• For me, Hilda , Hip Hop Drummer.

When it comes out, synplant 2 will likely be one of my all time favorite apps. Desktop only im afraid, unless the dev has had a change of heart.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    For me, Hilda , Hip Hop Drummer.

When it comes out, synplant 2 will likely be one of my all time favorite apps. Desktop only im afraid, unless the dev has had a change of heart.

I held off because it’s IAA only but hip hop drummer seems amazing. I’m very tempted.

• @HotStrange said:

@shinyisshiny said:

I held off because it’s IAA only but hip hop drummer seems amazing. I’m very tempted.

its quite good. I dont mind the IAA, because of my workflow with it. I just separate the workflow, i create grooves, export, and then import. I generally will have a song started, say at 87 bpm, and know the basic groove i want, i go to the app, create a few different variations in sounds, grooves, swings etc in that tempo, and then export the stereo bounce to re-import. If i need further tweaking i will come back and export stems.

• @shinyisshiny said:

@HotStrange said:

@shinyisshiny said:

its quite good. I dont mind the IAA, because of my workflow with it. I just separate the workflow, i create grooves, export, and then import. I generally will have a song started, say at 87 bpm, and know the basic groove i want, i go to the app, create a few different variations in sounds, grooves, swings etc in that tempo, and then export the stereo bounce to re-import. If i need further tweaking i will come back and export stems.

Do you just dump the stems in a DAW/sampler from there? That’s been my general workflow with most IAA apps for the last couple years. Exporting loops and samples to use elsewhere. Doug’s video made a very tempting case for it.

• @HotStrange said:

@shinyisshiny said:

@HotStrange said:

@shinyisshiny said:

Do you just dump the stems in a DAW/sampler from there? That’s been my general workflow with most IAA apps for the last couple years. Exporting loops and samples to use elsewhere. Doug’s video made a very tempting case for it.

exactly! super simple. Its great for what it does. Awesome grooves, punchy, full samples. Easy tweakability etc etc

• For me Logic and Justchords.

• Pianoteq
    Ableton Note

• BLEASS Voices