Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

edited November 2023 in General App Discussion

https://www.imaginando.pt/products/bam-beat-maker-and-music-maker?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BAM_REVEAL

Looks like a very promising groovebox type app.
It will be available for iOS, Mac Os & Windows.

Comments

• Holy shit I’m excited for this one

• Wow, looks great, but sadly no more Android support???

• Ooh, I like the look of that!

• Hmmm, will it support AU on iOS and VSTs on desktop?

• From the screenshots - nah

• Looks interesting. Wondering what the pricing will is for iPad.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Cambler said:
    Looks interesting. Wondering what the pricing will is for iPad.

It might be similar to LK or Tracktor where it’s free but IAPs to unlock features… just guessing, but that’s the approach they seem to take.

• Why does this remind me of Drambo a lot?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:

@catherder said:
    Wow, looks great, but sadly no more Android support???

Not very strange as most android devices can't handle audio without insane amounts of latency, which could be percieved by the uneducated as being the apps fault. Combined with a even smaller demographic than ios with less money on average it's a surprise anything audio-related is released on that spyware platform.

Imaginando makes great stuff, maybe this can finally replace Gadget as my go-to groovebox. It has a mixer! This line made me a bit skeptical though; "Beat Maker & Music Maker's composer panel features a familiar piano roll interface, designed for both desktop and touch interaction." The piano roll is soo important in a groovebox, I hope they nail it.

They've done a great job in LK and I'd be surprised if it won't be as good here 😊

• Ya these guys have never not exceeded my expectations. I'm sure this is going to be the same. Imaginando works hard at what they create and put out. Each one of their apps I've found very useful so it's not going to be a shocker that the new app kicks ass. I have real faith in these guys. Looking forward to this a lot.

• Glad to see the timing offset. Nothing’s more crucial to humanizing drum programming for me. Hope that feature makes it into LK.

• Yep, these guys are top devs with loads of great apps already. Expect greatness.

• @ehehehe said:

@catherder said:
    Wow, looks great, but sadly no more Android support???

Not very strange as most android devices can't handle audio without insane amounts of latency, which could be percieved by the uneducated as being the apps fault. Combined with a even smaller demographic than ios with less money on average it's a surprise anything audio-related is released on that spyware platform.

Imaginando makes great stuff, maybe this can finally replace Gadget as my go-to groovebox. It has a mixer! This line made me a bit skeptical though; "Beat Maker & Music Maker's composer panel features a familiar piano roll interface, designed for both desktop and touch interaction." The piano roll is soo important in a groovebox, I hope they nail it.

I do agree. They make great stuff. I have used LK, DRC and FRMS on both iOS and Android. And if they are stopping support for Android, then it's not their fault. I think Google has given up on development dedicated to a niche market.

• edited August 2023

Looks VERY interesting .. Looking forward to this... Looks like it is moving in "groovebox" paradigm with very good iPad touch screen UI design (at least from screenshots it looks that way)

I really LIKE the [SHIFT] button in bottom right area .. i hope it is exactly what this means on most of HW grooveboxes - it adds another alternative feature to knob when it is pressed - extremely smart way how to pack more features on same screen / control surface withnout need of scrolling/switching to another screen or menu dive on HW boxes ..

• I’m a sucker for apps. Can’t see me not getting it unless there are terrible issues like instability.
    Ive not had any problems with LK.

• @dendy said:
    Looks VERY interesting .. Looking forward to this... Looks like it is moving in "groovebox" paradigm with very good iPad touch screen UI design (at least from screenshots it looks that way)

I really LIKE the [SHIFT] button in bottom right area .. i hope it is exactly what this means on most of HW grooveboxes - it adds another alternative feature to knob when it is pressed - extremely smart way how to pack more features on same screen / control surface withnout need of scrolling/switching to another screen or menu dive on HW boxes ..

Yeah!...Good idea. Although, the button not being mirrored on the left-hand-side would be frustrating. Perhaps they could at least off the option of which side to place it.

• This seems controversial, perhaps ;)

• I like that claim a lot :-D I personally make full blown music, not just beats .. :lol:

• @dendy said:
    I like that claim a lot :-D I personally make full blown music, not just beats .. :lol:

• @el_bo said:
    Yeah!...Good idea. Although, the button not being mirrored on the left-hand-side would be frustrating. Perhaps they could at least off the option of which side to place it.

hm why ? nothing prevents you from pushing it with left hand and tweaking knob with right one .. when i play with HW groovebox i switch my hands all the time, i totally doesn't prefer any of them ..

also we are here at highly speculative ground what that SHIFT really does and how he behaves :-)) Me being dev, i would make it "double tap" to keep active so you don't need to hold it .. we will se what they really did here ..

• edited August 2023

The envelope section reminded me of a volca drum. Kinda similar.

Maybe built with volca drum in mind.

P-locks ( sound locks )

No resonator but maybe multi out.

Would need swing functions.

How does sequencer work etc. Polyrythum stuff and track lengths.

Maybe the + section is also an audio routing. If you decide to add an fm module. Which might not be needed. With the amount of oscilator shaping you already have ( for a drum machine )

Iv built a drum thing but adding more and more apps.

Might just use a drum machine app.

• It does look like the best synth drum groovebox just by pic.

• edited August 2023

@dendy said:

@el_bo said:

hm why ? nothing prevents you from pushing it with left hand and tweaking knob with right one .. when i play with HW groovebox i switch my hands all the time, i totally doesn't prefer any of them ..

also we are here at highly speculative ground what that SHIFT really does and how he behaves :-)) Me being dev, i would make it "double tap" to keep active so you don't need to hold it .. we will se what they really did here ..

I suppose on such a small screen area it's not too much of a hassle to cross hands. Just feels unnatural. Besides, I think giving choices (where possible) is the preferable option. Similarly, there's no reason to force people into a toggle/fixed paradigm, when many will prefer momentary/held functionality.

• Wonder if sequencer is visible with all the sound shaping parameters and if per step p-lock. You tweak the same or per track envelope section. Without choosing the track first.

• @el_bo said:

@dendy said:
    I like that claim a lot :-D I personally make full blown music, not just beats .. :lol:

:trollface: :trollface:

• @el_bo said:

I suppose on such a small screen area it's not too much of a hassle to cross hands. Just feels unnatural. Besides, I think giving choices (where possible) is the preferable option. Similarly, there's no reason to force people into a toggle/fixed paradigm, when many will prefer momentary/held functionality.

that makes sense.. we will see what will be possible to do with that button .. hope soon :)

• Would be cool also if it were more than 16 steps. Although all of my drums have been 16 steps.

For pattern launching to be 256 steps ( to work well with a clip launching Drambo system on another ipad )

but the sequencer be switchable pages of 16 steps per page and also auto play through. If actually set to a 256 overall pattern.

I guess you can trigger patterns via midi though.

It would be cool if you could insert patterns if its also a clip pattern arranger launcher into a longer clip but also insert preset save to patterns.

• A selection of rolls via midi and recorded to sequencer would be cool.