Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM 7 module for Tera Pro released

The module family of Tera Pro just got a new baby:

• 6 Operator FM Synthesis - Fully compatible to the original hardware from 1983
  • Unique macro editing makes fm voice programming easier than ever.
  • Deliberatly hides deep parameters for joyful exploration of sound spaces.
  • Unison Layer/Split for workstation sounds.
  • Import of sysex files gives access to thousands of voice banks as starting points.
  • Performance controllers include MPE timbre and poly pressure.

Now available on the App Store as in-app-purchase of Tera Pro:
https://apple.co/3FDd9Z8

Promo video:

Comments

• Excited to try this, Tera Pro is really turning into one of the best synths we have, hands down

• So, where is it? I see Tera Pro had an update so I updated but I don’t see this IAP, only Brainz, Waves and the Waveshaper library in the App Store.

• Just wait a bit, sometime the update is earlier to see than a new iap module. Apple's server are deep and dark...

• edited August 2023

Edit: Oh

• Seems to be a scaling problem with the latest version. This is how it looks to me in Logic and also Cubasis.

• thanks mr virsyn! great addition!!

• edited August 2023

@VirSyn said:
    Just wait a bit, sometime the update is earlier to see than a new iap module. Apple's server are deep and dark...

I'm the opposite way round, I see the IAP, purchased. But it doesn't show up then in the menus, I mean there is no FM7 alongside Oscs N, Brainz etc, and no Tera Pro update yet in app store. Ok I will exercise a little patience...

EDIT: Moments later, I have the update...

• @cytone said:
    Seems to be a scaling problem with the latest version. This is how it looks to me in Logic and also Cubasis.

Aargh...
    Fixed this a couple of days ago, don't know why it didn't stayed in the release...
    ...back to the work bench, sorry.

• virsyn stuff is alway a instant buy for me

• Very cool! The macro controls are a great idea!

• hmm i got too excited too quickly. not really in to cartridge fm. i'd love to be able to edit the FMing via an algorithm matrix screen, and of course the envelopes of each. i suppose its a nice to have, but meh to this version.
    oh well

• @Bruques said:
    hmm i got too excited too quickly. not really in to cartridge fm. i'd love to be able to edit the FMing via an algorithm matrix screen, and of course the envelopes of each. i suppose its a nice to have, but meh to this version.
    oh well

I deliberately left the deep editing out of this version - it may come as a detail editor later on.
    But for now give the meta parameters a chance! You will love the way it makes it a breeze to make new sounds.

• I think I'll stick with KQ Dixie for my 6OP FM needs...
    ...even though I've got the Waves and Brainz IAP for Tera Pro I still turn to Spectrum or MiRack when I need the Mutable Instruments stuff and Drambo for most WaveTable duties.

Even though Tera Pro is a 'monster synth' I don't reach for it as often the others.

Hope it does well but it's not an insta-buy for me...

• @cytone said:
    Seems to be a scaling problem with the latest version. This is how it looks to me in Logic and also Cubasis.

It's the new, more compact view to save space! ;)

• Just flipping through the preset list I noticed “SynVox Choir” and tapped on C3… check it out.

Please share any presets you find magical.

• @Samu said:
    I think I'll stick with KQ Dixie for my 6OP FM needs...
    ...even though I've got the Waves and Brainz IAP for Tera Pro I still turn to Spectrum or MiRack when I need the Mutable Instruments stuff and Drambo for most WaveTable duties.

Even though Tera Pro is a 'monster synth' I don't reach for it as often the others.

Hope it does well but it's not an insta-buy for me...

Hmm. I dunno... if Tera Pro allows me to import and organize my own FM synth patches the way I want it might be worth the $9.99 upgrade for that alone. KQ Dixie sounds great but has one of the most nightmarish patch organization systems I've ever seen.

• An easy instabuy for me. :)

• @NeuM said:
    KQ Dixie sounds great but has one of the most nightmarish patch organization systems I've ever seen.

I've gotten so used to I don't even think about it :sunglasses:
    Most of the time I just pick a cart from the dexed collection and pick a preset.

• @Samu said:

@NeuM said:
    KQ Dixie sounds great but has one of the most nightmarish patch organization systems I've ever seen.

I've gotten so used to I don't even think about it :sunglasses:
    Most of the time I just pick a cart from the dexed collection and pick a preset.

If the dev could create a Favorites system for patches that alone would be a 1,000% improvement. I've reviewed every one of my thousands of patches imported to KQ Dixie and it is aggravating not being able to organize the ones I like and delete all the rest I don't.

• @VirSyn said:

@Bruques said:
    hmm i got too excited too quickly. not really in to cartridge fm. i'd love to be able to edit the FMing via an algorithm matrix screen, and of course the envelopes of each. i suppose its a nice to have, but meh to this version.
    oh well

I deliberately left the deep editing out of this version - it may come as a detail editor later on.

I hope it does. A really obvious thing to control, to me anyway, would be setting the CC74ing (it's a verb now) control of the depth of any particular modulators FMing of particular carriers, and of course the feedback. Initial playing, but admittedly you can't say a lot in the first go with something but anyway, I don't love the meta, and if anything what I like about Tera Pro in general is the depth of control and I would actually love to have more not less specificity. Not to be too negative though, I appreciate the work.

• Amazing, I was wishing this would be happen! Thanks @VirSyn!

• @Bruques said:

@VirSyn said:

@Bruques said:
    oh well

I hope it does. A really obvious thing to control, to me anyway, would be setting the CC74ing (it's a verb now) control of the depth of any particular modulators FMing of particular carriers, and of course the feedback. Initial playing, but admittedly you can't say a lot in the first go with something but anyway, I don't love the meta, and if anything what I like about Tera Pro in general is the depth of control and I would actually love to have more not less specificity. Not to be too negative though, I appreciate the work.

Was also a bit surprised not to see cc74 in there beside the aftertouch knob etc but the blurb mentions mpe timbre as a performance control. So am I missing something Harry? @VirSyn

• The sound is great. I suppose I could edit patches in KQ Dixie and then import them into Tera. I always prefer to have powerful editing capabilities.

• @Gavinski said:

@Bruques said:

@VirSyn said:

@Bruques said:
    oh well

Was also a bit surprised not to see cc74 in there beside the aftertouch knob etc but the blurb mentions mpe timbre as a performance control. So am I missing something Harry? @VirSyn

So I think, if you have modweel dial turned up that is the CC74, then have the relevant switches under it set on, and then the amount of vibrato or/and wow, then what you get is CC74 adjusting how much depth to the LFO of those parameters. Unless I'm also missing something. I've got it to work and it gives me something rather than nothing, but no I don't love it.

• its a great addition! i wish a sample mangling modul would come some day.

• @Birdpie said:
    its a great addition! i wish a sample mangling modul would come some day.

Agree, this would be awesome.

• Is there real control of Operators, like Nambu? Or Is this just the illusion of FM, like we'll let you switch around the order of operators, but you can't touch the actual operators? Does it matter in being able to control the sounds i want to make? I wish to replace my ignorance with knowledge, and TeraPro is interesting, but for $10 i want CONTROL

• Looks good ...

Tera Pro still needs UNDO though @VirSyn :)

• @craftycurate said:
    Looks good ...

Tera Pro still needs UNDO though @VirSyn :)

More synths could certainly use that, especially for randomization operations. ;)

• @Gavinski said:

The modwheel section is used for cc74 if MPE is on.