Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Iwatch apps? any good ones?

my fitbit watch broke, and i’m thinking of an apple iwatch. anybody doing anything interesting musically with theirs?

Comments

• Gavin Beert has some interesting midi controller apps for the watch, but haven't seen much else that would make me recommend the Apple Watch for music purpose. Lots of other great reasons to get one though :)

• Musically no, but I love the integration with my other iDevices.

• @michael_m said:
    Musically no, but I love the integration with my other iDevices.

yeah? like what are some of your favorite things ?

• heshes
    edited July 2023

Also Cem Olcay's Midi Motion app, which sends stream of x-y-z axis attitude information via Bluetooth. Holon.ist does that, and much more, but is much more complicated.

I strap my Apple Watch around the barrel of my Akai EWI wind controller and instantly gain some expressive modulation options with Midi Motion or Holon.ist. You could wear the watch on your wrist and gain similar functionality when playing hardware keyboard or virtual iPad keyboard. Same sort of function as Neova Ring that some people liked: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50855/shocking-sweetwater-sale-neova-ring-midi-controller-99-but-enhancia-bankrupt-and-out-of-stock.

You could also get similar results by strapping iPhone or Android phone to your wrist, I think they all have accelerometers and that both iOS and Android have apps that can send midi stream with attitude readings.

• @eross said:

@michael_m said:
    Musically no, but I love the integration with my other iDevices.

yeah? like what are some of your favorite things ?

I get as many notifications on my watch as I need where I would normally look at my phone, the medical/sports functions just work with my iCloud enabled apps, and a lot of the things I might check on my phone are just a turn of my wrist, which is really useful when driving.

• cool,
    i may have to get one. i like the idea of maybe strapping the watch to my guitar headstock and midi controlling effects parameters while I am playing

• wimwim
    edited July 2023

• wimwim
    edited July 2023

• @wim said:

hahaha

• I like mine quite a bit for recording exercise information (including heart rate). It's great.

• Just got one, if you have tips or favorite things to use it for music or non-music please share!

• If you like to be outdoorsy with your exercise, I can’t recommend workoutdoors enough, great app with tons of customization.

• @cvwonder said:
    Just got one, if you have tips or favorite things to use it for music or non-music please share!

Not really what I use it for, but you could check out the Holonic youtube channel to get some ideas on how you can use watch sensor modulation. A lot of this kind of thing is probably much easier with Holon.ist than with Olcay's Midi Motion, despite Holon.ist's learning curve. But you could also do a lot with Midi Motion processed by Mozaic:

• @hes said:

@cvwonder said:
    Just got one, if you have tips or favorite things to use it for music or non-music please share!

Not really what I use it for, but you could check out the Holonic youtube channel to get some ideas on how you can use watch sensor modulation. A lot of this kind of thing is probably much easier with Holon.ist than with Olcay's Midi Motion, despite Holon.ist's learning curve. But you could also do a lot with Midi Motion processed by Mozaic:

lol thanks for this old clip :D There’s an update to Holonist soon with some features for newer Watches.

• Thanks @Tarekith instant download on your rec, fitness stuff is why I got the watch. @hes thanks for video, it’s making me reconsider it over the cem one.

• I’ve been using mine to pay for everything because it’s a pain to dig out my wallet for a credit card. The only drawback is when you forget to check if the card is authorized which it seems to re-do after every re-charge.

But I should check out these apps. I bought Cem’s app but haven’t found a use for it that I regularly need. But that’s true for hundreds of other purchases. There’s going to be a new DSM-IV category for this disorder soon.

• I forgot, besides the currently free Apple Watch drum machine, Beatima, and the several tuners and metronome’s there’s also a handful, maybe, of modulation app options. Holon.ist was mentioned, there’s also @cem_olcay s app Midi Motion for Apple Watch and a few others that I can’t think of at the moment. Oh, also, Fusion by Floverse

MusiKraken too.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I forgot, besides the currently free Apple Watch drum machine, Beatima, and the several tuners and metronome’s there’s also a handful, maybe, of modulation app options. Holon.ist was mentioned, there’s also @cem_olcay s app Midi Motion for Apple Watch and a few others that I can’t think of at the moment. Oh, also, Fusion by Floverse

MusiKraken too.

so does Beatima do drum sequencing? or anyway to record drum beat and send it to an ipad or iphone , or just drum pads.

• Not an music making app for Apple Watch, but musical usage:

I use the Watch app ”Lyd” to control my eight different Sonos speakers, and, it’s fantastic and stable, powerful too…
    Recommend!