Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OTish: Volca Sample

edited September 2014 in Other

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/09/korgs-latest-volca-sample-sequences-sounds-need-ios-app-use/

I want one. Immediately.

Lame that you can't actually sample with it though! Interesting that sampling is going to be done via dedicated (and free) iOS app.

Dream: that you can wirelessly transfer a sample set from Gadget's new devices to the Volca box.

Comments

• It didn't really grab me, at all. A couple of MB sample storage (4mb or something?), and tied to iOS (well I'm also tied to iOS, by the balls, so I guess that wouldn't be an issue). You can load a few samples from your iPad or iPhone, turn a few knobs and press a few buttons, get something minimalistic going. I dunno, 15 min of fun, then I'd probably just use the iPad. I'm just going by the video Korg released though, it might be a whole lot more to it then what they showcased.

The new Electribes however really caught my attention. The sampler version looks like a whole lot of fun. But it's missing a bunch of filters the synth version has (altho it still does various analog modeling synthesis as well), which is a bit of a bummer. I'm still undecided which one I want..,Well, both obviously, but my bank card would not like that at all so..1st world problems sucks

• Yeah, the new Electribe Sampler looks very sweet - includes a chop lab of sorts. I'd rather have that as well but I'm guessing one to two times more expensive. I'm more thinking of the Volca Sample as a drum machine. A drum machine that you can load samples into. And sync to the world. If it comes in near $150, I'm in.

• Looks like the electribe is about $400. Pretty smashing at that price but may be out of my league. http://www.interstatemusic.com/958843-Korg-Electribe-Music-Sampling-Workstation-ELECTRIBES.aspx#

• edited September 2014

Well, I'm definitely going to try and save some cash to get one of the Electribes, hopefully before they stop manufacturing them. :)

I'll probably be able to by cutting down on my app purchases. I mean, since Auria was released I've spent around $500 on that app alone. Not to mention all other apps as well (yes I'm eating lots of noodles). :/

• edited September 2014

Transatlantic price conversions are brittle but it looks like it's up for presale at a few UK shops for £119 which puts it at about US$190. That said, Dolphin has the other Volcas for £119 as well so perhaps we're actually in for US$149 after all.

I already have pads I like (it's fully MIDI capable) and I'm tethered to my iphone anyway so this could be good. All hinges on the app. Unidirectional sample transfer only or will it be easy to move beat data back and forth? It doesn't have a lot of storage for patterns/songs, particularly compared to the new Electribe.