Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stop and pause on the timeline always jumps back to the beginning.

edited May 2023 in Loopy Pro

I am trying to arrange a song in song mode and each time I hit the top left arrow / pause button it jumps back to the start of the song. How can I make it stop at the specific point where I am in the song timeline ? Also, is there a song follow mode anywhere ?
Thanks

Comments

• @Antos3345 said:
    I am trying to arrange a song in song mode and each time I hit the top left arrow / pause button it jumps back to the start of the song. How can I make it stop at the specific point where I am in the song timeline ? Also, is there a song follow mode anywhere ?
    Thanks

I’ll be revising the transport buttons in the sequencer screen soon, but right now the only way to make it just pause rather than pause and move back to the start is with a widget or midi controller, I’m afraid. Won’t be long though, I plan to do it in the next update.

• Hi Michael,
    Thanks for your fast reply. Yeah that would be very helpful because ias of now it’s kinda hard to work on the timeline this way. How can I make it work with a widget?

• I made a widget to toggle and play stop target all clips. Like this ? Can this widget appear in song mode screen?

• @Antos3345 said:
    I made a widget to toggle and play stop target all clips. Like this ? Can this widget appear in song mode screen?

No, it’s the “toggle clock pause” action. Widgets don’t appear on the sequencer, no

• @Antos3345 said:
    I made a widget to toggle and play stop target all clips. Like this ? Can this widget appear in song mode screen?

Widgets aren’t on the seq page, if you have a MIDI controller you could set up a binding.

• edited May 2023

Ok, thanks . I do have a few midi controllers. I’m a bit shocked this is not already part of the transport. How does one create a song with it rewinding to the start all the time. Maybe this app is not really made for song creation, but more for live use.

• @Antos3345 said:
    Ok, thanks . I do have a few midi controllers. I’m a bit shocked this is not already part of the transport. How does one create a song with it rewinding to the start all the time. Maybe this app is not really made for song creation, but more for live use.

You can tap in the timeline to set the play bar and also select a portion of the sequence to loop. I make use of those plus a midi mapping for pause/play.

To date, the focus has been more on the live side of things than in the sequencing side. The I expect that the sequencer will continue to evolve.

• Yes… it’s also a good AU looper in AUM. Thanks