Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps available for both Desktop and iPad [Logic Pro]

edited June 2023 in Logic Pro

If you know of anymore please add to the list

Audiomodern - Loopmix
BPST - Drambo, Sunrizer, Zeeon
DiscoDSP - OB-Xd
Elf Audio - Koala Sampler
Modartt - Pianoteq 8
Moog - Animoog, Model 15, Model D
RTMS - VA Poly
TAL - TAL U-No-LX *
DeltaVAudio - SpaceCraft
Eventide - Blackhole *
IMAL - VintageRack
Sugar Bytes - Drumcomputer *

IceWorks: Lorentz, redshrike, Nambu
FAC: Medusa, Alteza etc. *
Imaginando; K7D +

Wotja.
KV331 SynthMaster *

Sugar-Bytes - FabFilter, Toneboosters

Klevgrand *

Will add from others to expand this list. Thanks for your contributions

• (you have to pay for the desktop version)

Comments

• edited May 2023

FAC: Medusa, Alteza etc.
    Imaginando; K7D +

(You have to purchase FAC and Imaginando again for Mac, which TBH I’m fine with :-)

• Wotja.

• @klownshed said:
    FAC: Medusa, Alteza etc.
    Imaginando; K7D +

(You have to purchase FAC and Imaginando again for Mac, which TBH I’m fine with :-)

Thanks Klownshed. Some of the apps I had in my post you have to buy separately as well.

• edited May 2023

The kv331 SynthMaster apps are available on both platforms. The free player is a great place to start, and during sales can be expanded to 2000 presets, for about 5 quid.

Unfortunately Sunrizer seems to show as usable, but isn’t. That’s another great synth, with tons of presets, that would oil the cogs of desktop/iOS compatibility.

Others that are available on both, and are separate purchases, include the Audiodamage apps (I've bought ODCon both platforms) and the Phonolyth's new Cascade reverb.

• edited May 2023

-

• @el_bo said:
    Unfortunately Sunrizer seems to show as usable, but isn’t. That’s another great synth, with tons of presets, that would oil the cogs of desktop/iOS compatibility.

What do you mean "usable"? Works find on my MacBook Air M1.

• @cyberheater said:

@el_bo said:

Will have to check again, but I'm pretty sure I couldn’t get it to validate in Logic (Drambo does). Also running M1 (Mini).

• @el_bo said:

@cyberheater said:

@el_bo said:

Will have to check again, but I'm pretty sure I couldn’t get it to validate in Logic (Drambo does). Also running M1 (Mini).

It is showing as successfully validated on my system. Hope you get it working.

• edited May 2023

Mynth, Flynth, PolyWave & SK51 from Fingerlabs

Jax emperor

Trinity audio mastering

VA drum 2

MIDI Fx

I think we need 2 lists though, those that are included in the iOS purchase and those which are available on desktop but as separate purchases.

• @cyberheater said:

@el_bo said:

@cyberheater said:

@el_bo said:

It is showing as successfully validated on my system. Hope you get it working.

Thanks! Will try re-downloading/installing.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Thanks. Do you know if you have to pay for the desktop version?

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• ChordPolyPad, StepPolyArp both requiring separate purchases on Mac and iOS

• edited May 2023

@cyberheater said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Thanks. Do you know if you have to pay for the desktop version?

Nope all the items in my post include the Mac version

And Remix Live

• @cyberheater said:
    If you know of anymore please add to the list

Audiomodern - Loopmix
    BPST - Drambo, Sunrizer, Zeeon
    DiscoDSP - OB-Xd
    Elf Audio - Koala Sampler
    Modartt - Pianoteq 8
    Moog - Animoog, Model 15, Model D
    RTMS - VA Poly
    TAL - TAL U-No-LX *
    DeltaVAudio - SpaceCraft
    Eventide - Blackhole *
    IMAL - VintageRack

FAC: Medusa, Alteza etc. *
    Imaginando; K7D +

Wotja.
    KV331 SynthMaster *

Will add from others to expand this list. Thanks for your contributions

• (you have to pay for the desktop version)

Very useful thanks.

I should add Fabfilter

Tonebooster ??

• edited May 2023

Sugar-Bytes
    FabFilter
    Toneboosters

• edited May 2023

Klevgrand (separate purchases)

• I remember an obscure app you might not have heard about called "GarageBand".

• A great feature of SynthMaster 2 is the sync to cloud for presets. So if you create A great sound on IPad, just sync your presets with one click and when you open the project on Mac, click sync again and the preset is there - easy!

Unfortunately SynthMaster (and Pianoteq) aren’t recognised during the transfer because they have different names on iPad to Mac version, so you have to find the instruments to get them to work. This will hopefully be quite simple for the plug-in devs to fix.

• @Banquet said:
    Unfortunately SynthMaster (and Pianoteq) aren’t recognised during the transfer because they have different names on iPad to Mac version.

I was wondering about that. Hopefully they will fix that soon.

• @cyberheater said:

@Banquet said:
    Unfortunately SynthMaster (and Pianoteq) aren’t recognised during the transfer because they have different names on iPad to Mac version.

I was wondering about that. Hopefully they will fix that soon.

SynthMaster folks have demonstrated to me they are not capable or willing (take your pick) of fixing long-standing software errors. I’ve written their synths off completely at this point and refuse to use them. I have no patience for software that is not fixed immediately after problems have been repeatedly pointed out.