Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wanna learn Logic Pro for iPad, every nook and cranny?

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

If you’re an “informational completist”
like me then stay tuned for this :smile:
@petejohns announces here somewhere near the begining of “RTMF” (Read The Manual First) which looks to be a guided video tour of the entire Logic Pro for iPad 944 page user guide .
Count me in, this looks awesome …
https://www.youtube.com/live/HKhF8QS8-tg?feature=share

Comments

• I can't imagine many things I'd like less than sitting through videos following a manual that I can read myself. Yuck.

• Disagree , that’s why people hate reading manuals . It’s like a concordex for people who read the Bible . A little additional guidance and tips here and there. Not for everyone . But it’s for me, 100%.
    It’s why there are books and videos about Logic Pro on Amazon hence David Pogue’s best selling “missing manual “ series.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

I was speaking for myself in case you didn't notice. I fully respect others' right to be ... weird. 😉

• edited May 2023

Thanks I’ve never been the manual type nor the video type…but LP is making me change my ways. There’s a lot going on there that I may not discover on my own

• @wim said:
    I can't imagine many things I'd like less than sitting through videos following a manual that I can read myself. Yuck.

+1. It sounds like the world’s longest Powerpoint. Excellent for folks who prefer video over reading though. Or people who prefer sleep over being awake ;)

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

That reminds me. I'm supposed to get together with some buddies to watch some paint dry after work.

• There are certain “types” this will and won’t appeal to. I’m definitely in the former camp (will).

• edited May 2023

@Telstar5 said:
    There are certain “types” this will and won’t appeal to. I’m definitely in the former camp (will).

Exactly! Be proud of your type. I've been using Logic on the desktop since 2005, yet was very when I found the equivalent manual walkthrough for Logic DT.

• I've read through a lot of the manual, and I think the problem is that it doesn't really cover every nook and cranny, there are quite a few things that seem to have been left out, or not covered all that thoroughly IMO.

• @richardyot said:
    I've read through a lot of the manual, and I think the problem is that it doesn't really cover every nook and cranny, there are quite a few things that seem to have been left out, or not covered all that thoroughly IMO.

When it comes to various big-ticket features/workflows e.g Live Loops, Step-Sequencer and mixer workflows, that are available on both platforms, watching videos made for the desktop version will often provide more insight into what can be done.

• @richardyot said:
    I've read through a lot of the manual, and I think the problem is that it doesn't really cover every nook and cranny, there are quite a few things that seem to have been left out, or not covered all that thoroughly IMO.

That’s also my take - a huge manual yet much of it is covering plugins, with details of the core of the app incomplete. I’m not sure there’s any mention of external MIDI out for instance, or MIDI CC editing.

• @richardyot said:

My favorite part is where they talk about using midi controllers; it specifically states in the official manual “make sure you install the correct driver on your iPad”!

I mean who wrote the manual, Jake from accounting?

I think they just took the manual for Logic for the Mac, went through, and removed what didn’t apply, then replaced every instance of the word “Mac” and replaced it with “iPad”… in a haphazard fashion.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@richardyot said:

My favorite part is where they talk about using midi controllers; it specifically states in the official manual “make sure you install the correct driver on your iPad”!

I mean who wrote the manual, Jake from accounting?

I think they just took the manual for Logic for the Mac, went through, and removed what didn’t apply, then replaced every instance of the word “Mac” and replaced it with “iPad”… in a haphazard fashion.

Jeez... That's ridiculous. Must have been a rush job indeed, looking at how bare bones the logic instrument UIs etc are

• Or it means that drivers are coming soon, in iPadOS 17 for example.

• @el_bo said:

@Telstar5 said:
    There are certain “types” this will and won’t appeal to. I’m definitely in the former camp (will).

Exactly! Be proud of your type. I've been using Logic on the desktop since 2005, yet was very when I found the equivalent manual walkthrough for Logic DT.

That’s a pretty good YouTube channel recommendation. Already solved two problems I was dealing with.

• @NeuM said:

@el_bo said:

@Telstar5 said:

That’s a pretty good YouTube channel recommendation. Already solved two problems I was dealing with.

👍🏼

• @mistercharlie said:
    Or it means that drivers are coming soon, in iPadOS 17 for example.

Or perhaps that drivers are already available https://developer.apple.com/documentation/driverkit/creating_drivers_for_ipados

• If the manual is inaccurate , all the more we need this new upcoming series by @petejohns

• @richardyot said:

I noticed this when I was trying to understand the chord strips play surface. There's nothing in the manual to suggest that it moves through inversions (which it does).

• @mistercharlie said:

DriverKit, which supports the development of third party drivers, was added to iPadOS 16…

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/driverkit/creating_drivers_for_ipados

• @zzrwood said:

@mistercharlie said:

DriverKit, which supports the development of third party drivers, was added to iPadOS 16…

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/driverkit/creating_drivers_for_ipados

Ah ha! So it’s in there already!