Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

send audio from AUM to Logic??

Is there a way to send audio coming out of AuM into logic to be recorded?
i have several tracks in of guitars amps and effects chained together and panned in AUM. , and i’d like to record that live , directly into logic. I don’t see any inter app audio, or other pipeline to do that. but maybe there is a hack or option to make it happen? any ideas?

Comments

• I know tools on MacOS but not on iOS/iPadOS.
    More and more USB audio interfaces support internal digital loopback but I don't know of a native solution.
    Maybe it's time to set up your fx chain in Logic instead of in AUM.

• edited May 2023

Is Audiobus compatible with Logic? Looking into it I don't think it is.

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:
    Is Audiobus compatible with Logic? Looking into it I don't think it is.

No.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@eross said:
    i have several tracks in of guitars amps and effects chained together and panned in AUM. , and i’d like to record that live , directly into logic. I don’t see any inter app audio, or other pipeline to do that. but maybe there is a hack or option to make it happen? any ideas?

Is that really so much less work than just rendering to audio and then dropping the audio onto a track? In fact, when I think about it, it seems like more work.

Without a loopback interface I don't think there is any other way. Logic Pro doesn't support IAA. That's the only way it could work.

[edit] Maybe Sonobus or Wireless Audio AUv3, but the latency would force realigning of tracks making it even more trouble.

• @wim said:

@eross said:

Is that really so much less work than just rendering to audio and then dropping the audio onto a track? In fact, when I think about it, it seems like more work.

Without a loopback interface I don't think there is any other way. Logic Pro doesn't support IAA. That's the only way it could work.

[edit] Maybe Sonobus or Wireless Audio AUv3, but the latency would force realigning of tracks making it even more trouble.

yeah, I may have to setup
    my audio interface to do a loopback and record it in. i started setting up chains in logic, but the audio quality as compared to AUM sounded pretty different and not in a good way. maybe i need to look over my audio settings