Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

No thanks Garage band pro I’ll stick to Loopy Pro

Maybe after a few updates this thing will be fun to use but as it is now I’m not feeling it.

Comments

• edited May 2023

@colorsinspace said:
    Maybe after a few updates this thing will be fun to use but as it is now I’m not feeling it.

What are you feeling? The program is so huge (for me).. not even my desktop DAW has so many features.. It is going to take me time to learn..

• Personally, I don't see too much overlap between the two.
    I've built a nice live setup in Loopy Pro with a custom interface, follow actions, sliders, and whatnot, and I'm very excited to be able to bring all the stems and finish the tracks in Logic.

• Hall of my plugins don’t work in it.
    It’s a crash fest (buggy as hell)
    Sometime I have to tap 2-3 times to get any response.
    The UI isn’t a deal breaker but I’m find myself scrolling and scrolling to make edits on most of the synths.
    Logics synths and effects are really mediocre at best compared to what can be purchased now.
    The file system is an absolute joke.
    Simple edits are not simple.
    To me it’s just a bloated version of Garage band.

• Yeah, I think it’s important for people to keep in mind that this is Logic Pro for iPad version 1.0.

Hopefully we’ll see some more frequent update intervals, with fixes and added features, now that it’s out in the wild, and with more “pros” providing feedback and critiques. It seemed to me that Garage Band was rather scarce on getting updates.

• Apple Garbageband Pro :D

• @colorsinspace said:
    Hall of my plugins don’t work in it.
    The UI isn’t a deal breaker but I’m find myself scrolling and scrolling to make edits on most of the synths.
    Logics synths and effects are really mediocre at best compared to what can be purchased now.

You have probably same weak iPad as everyone else here getting crashes - on my iPad Pro 12.9” M1 it’s super stable after ten hours of usage…

I haven’t any problem with the UI in Logic, it’s pretty smart built and fluid…

Logics synths and effects mediocre??? You really can’t say that about the giant Alchemy Synth and a few other stock plugins…

So, nothing is stopping you use this product, it’s a free world, but, we are a lot of people out in the world that will use Logic for iPad and make great music…

• No harm in preferring Loopy Pro there’s room for all the DAWs….

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@colorsinspace said:

You have probably same weak iPad as everyone else here getting crashes - on my iPad Pro 12.9” M1 it’s super stable after ten hours of usage…

Logics synths and effects mediocre??? You really can’t say that about the giant Alchemy Synth and a few other stock plugins…

So, nothing is stopping you use this product, it’s a free world, but, we are a lot of people out in the world that will use Logic for iPad and make great music…

My IPad also has M1 but it’s the Air.

I’m sure people will make great music on it but I’d say it’s about 30-40 percent there. I’ll give it a year and then come back.

• Garage band pro - Made me chuckle. :D

• edited May 2023

I have been messing with the demo and I’m not sure if it’s for me. I think I still prefer working with AUM and Loopy Pro. I even prefer Ableton Note for some reason , even if it doesn’t support plugins. So far it’s a bit of a cumbersome workflow, but maybe it takes time.

• @colorsinspace said:

+1, I thought it was just me that had this problem.

• @Antos3345 said:
    I have been messing with the demo and I’m not sure if it’s for me. I think I still prefer working with AUM and Loopy Pro. I even prefer Ableton Note for some reason , even if it doesn’t support plugins. So far it’s a bit of a cumbersome workflow, but maybe it takes time.

Some people like or don’t like to use Logic and the same for Ableton, it is really very personal and I respect a lot. If you prefer Ableton rather than Logic on Desktop don’t go to Logic IPad as Logic will be not your home.

• Yeah I was expecting it to be smoother but I’ll def give it another chance in a few months. For now it’s loopy pro and AUM for me. Like I said I’m sure many people will be making dope music on it.

• @BerlinFx said:

@Antos3345 said:

Some people like or don’t like to use Logic and the same for Ableton, it is really very personal and I respect a lot. If you prefer Ableton rather than Logic on Desktop don’t go to Logic IPad as Logic will be not your home.

Yes, very true. Ableton is for me the best.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@colorsinspace said:

Same ipad as you... Not a single crash yet after many hours of use

• @Gavinski said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@colorsinspace said:

I would estimate I’ve had crashes roughly 30% of the time so far. Maybe this is one for the M1/M2 crowd.

• @Gavinski said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@colorsinspace said:

IPad Air 4 2020 with 256 GB , 190 GB left after installation of LP and no crashes at all after over 8 hours trying and making test tracks in LP iOS . Some crashes can happen also because some guys are short in storage as if if I remember older IPad use part of the ssd storage left to run isn’t it ?

• edited May 2023

@monz0id said:

@colorsinspace said:

Ditto. I can only get track header resizing to work 50% of the time. No crashes here though.

• And you need open a new topic for this, having a lot of topics with other people given their opinions because......

• @OnfraySin said:
    And you need open a new topic for this, having a lot of topics with other people given their opinions because......

Because a thread can easily explode and go off topic leading into a 5 page discussion that goes off topic.

Back to it…it’s a massive amount of features that was added in a short time, and Apple definitely came swinging. But it’s also a difficult line to balance between the GarageBand, Logic, pro, and general consumer audience.

I think they did exactly what they needed to do. Actually, I’d say they knocked it out of the park for a first launch. It’s more along the line of the catalyst we needed for greater things to come to iPad OS, than the magical all-in-one, larger than life solution that I’ve been worried that people would see.

So, is it a game changier? Idk…I’d still say not yet. But it came swinging hard, and will open up a lot more doors that weren’t even feasible. It opens up more users to iOS, and creates a new market for so much more developers.

Only time will tell. But for now, I’m having a blast.

• @seonnthaproducer said:

@OnfraySin said:
    And you need open a new topic for this, having a lot of topics with other people given their opinions because......

Because a thread can easily explode and go off topic leading into a 5 page discussion that goes off topic.

Back to it…it’s a massive amount of features that was added in a short time, and Apple definitely came swinging. But it’s also a difficult line to balance between the GarageBand, Logic, pro, and general consumer audience.

I think they did exactly what they needed to do. Actually, I’d say they knocked it out of the park for a first launch. It’s more along the line of the catalyst we needed for greater things to come to iPad OS, than the magical all-in-one, larger than life solution that I’ve been worried that people would see.

So, is it a game changier? Idk…I’d still say not yet. But it came swinging hard, and will open up a lot more doors that weren’t even feasible. It opens up more users to iOS, and creates a new market for so much more developers.

If you’re having a blast, then the game has been changed. ;)

• edited May 2023

@Tarekith said:

@monz0id said:

@colorsinspace said:

Ditto. I can only get track header resizing to work 50% of the time.

Hmmm, wonder why that is? I thought the iOS update had maybe messed up the touch sensitivity on mine, but everything else seems fine (though running slightly slower than in v15).

• @NeuM said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

@OnfraySin said:

Wrong. It has been changied. 😂

Idk…I like it, but I also like Logic for Mac, and also using my work Windows laptop to do things. If the iPad was the only option, sure. But, once I had that option, it’s more of an added feature, than a game changier.

• iPad mini 6 is running smooth for me. I’m a logic guy so I’m in unfortunately with a subscription. Only prob is space for me. Bm3 and audio share and beathawk take up 2/3 of my drive. I’ll be glad to get rid of bm3 as it’s a dead horse even though it’s stable and I dropped a ton money in it.

Maybe they will through gb a bone and bring some awesome stuff to it.

I’m def not an ableton guy or loopy guy. To each their own but version 1.0 I expect being subscription based the updates will come. Let’s take a breath and let it grow.

• @cyberheater said:
    Garage band pro - Made me chuckle. :D

That’s what it reminds me of too. It’s stripped down compared to the desktop version but I get it. It’s definitely faster to get ideas started. I’m not sure if I’ll pay for it after the thirty day trial is over but I’ve barely used it. One thing I will only do in Logic on Mac is audio recording. I think Logic ios is more for fun which means composition in my case.

• edited May 2023

@NeuM said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

@OnfraySin said:

I think with all these incredible new apps like Hilda, Noise….PianioTeq and now what was not expected at nearly same time our brain can’t handle easily so much information and learning in such a short time.

I know we are living in a fast life but for iOS music it is far more than fast in 2 weeks and many guys want to judge or think we can handle in few hours such a Daw like LP iOS it is silly particularly hen sole guys say I want to know that , how that react and don’t want to register to Logic to do their own homework are they are lazy or against Apple.

It take weeks to use a Daw like Logic no it isn’t GarageBand it will easier to use if it was just GarageBand with a master fader , it is far more deeper than any Daw that never come in iOS before.

If you compare GarageBand to Logic iOS and to Loopy pro is that you never use even GB or LoopyPro or just scraping the surface. I respect only guy that are not lazy and do their homework and ask real questions and know that it take time to use deep Logic or LoopyPro.

Note : it is not toward NeuM or Seoon it is toward guys who launch such thread like @colorsinspace

• @SirMcp said:

@cyberheater said:
    Garage band pro - Made me chuckle. :D

That’s what it reminds me of too. It’s stripped down compared to the desktop version but I get it. It’s definitely faster to get ideas started. I’m not sure if I’ll pay for it after the thirty day trial is over but I’ve barely used it. One thing I will only do in Logic on Mac is audio recording. I think Logic ios is more for fun which means composition in my case.

I think you have this impression for a reason. I wouldn’t wonder if Logic Pro for iPad is actually based on the Garage Band code base. They probably more or less ported the Logic Pro desktop features and devices over to the this code base. “Garage Band Pro” is probably not too far away from the reality.

• @monz0id said:

@Gavinski said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@colorsinspace said:

I would estimate I’ve had crashes roughly 30% of the time so far. Maybe this is one for the M1/M2 crowd.

Had no crashes on my iPad Air 4… And it is stunning to see how fluid it works on this non M1 64 device… Can hold off on upgrading for a while now..

Back to school..

• Logic Pro for iPad hardly resembles GarageBand. Almost everything is very different. They perhaps share similar icon for the transport etc.

But being a GB expert will get you nowhere on LP for iPad. Learning curve is real.

However I love it so far.

• No crashes here so far (running it on a simple iPad 8, the lowest configuration possible). It truly doesn't feel like a "crippled" or "stripped down" version of Logic to me.

It's absolutely mesmerising how much functionality and flexibility they have managed to get into an app that runs on a small-ish screen and is usable with big fat fingers.