Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple’s Cruelty

2»

Comments

• @FriedTapeworm said:

@TheGarageBandGuide said:

@FriedTapeworm said:
    From my understanding, iPadOS 16.5 has broken the lightning camera connector’s ability to connect to external controllers. At the same time, Apple finally releases Logic Pro for iPad, but requires us to update to 16.5, thus possibly losing the ability to use our midi controllers. Does anyone else find this as cruel as I do?

Only third party adapters. The official Apple adapters work fine.

Oh for real? I was misunderstanding this then. Mine is official apple, so I should be safe I guess. Still a little nervous to hit the update button. Can anyone else confirm that their Apple lightning connectors are working on 16.5?

I can confirm that my third party adapter still works just fine with my mini and my itrack as they always have. If that helps.

• @boone51 said:

@FriedTapeworm said:

@TheGarageBandGuide said:

@FriedTapeworm said:
    From my understanding, iPadOS 16.5 has broken the lightning camera connector’s ability to connect to external controllers. At the same time, Apple finally releases Logic Pro for iPad, but requires us to update to 16.5, thus possibly losing the ability to use our midi controllers. Does anyone else find this as cruel as I do?

Only third party adapters. The official Apple adapters work fine.

Oh for real? I was misunderstanding this then. Mine is official apple, so I should be safe I guess. Still a little nervous to hit the update button. Can anyone else confirm that their Apple lightning connectors are working on 16.5?

I can confirm that my third party adapter still works just fine with my mini and my itrack as they always have. If that helps.

I would suggest waiting. I have an official Apple lightning to usb cck adapter and i can still get midi out from the connector but it doesn’t pass charging voltage & doesn’t connect to my audio interface anymore. It’s frustrating.

• I bet Apple will not fix this.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

Of course they will.

They sell the damn things (at ridiculous profit margins too). You think they want to intentionally kill one of their own products? You think they want to sabotage their own reputation as a quality brand? What possible reason would they have for not fixing it?

C'mon. 🙄

• @drconfusion said:

I would suggest waiting. I have an official Apple lightning to usb cck adapter and i can still get midi out from the connector but it doesn’t pass charging voltage & doesn’t connect to my audio interface anymore. It’s frustrating.

Yeah, this…unfortunately is apparently a thing. My ipad just dies even when plugged in and shows as charging. Maybe the app is just that intense, but I dunno, it’s weird. I’m using the itrack and I know it draws power, but it’s never actually drained my ipad when it’s plugged in before so I’m not sure what’s going on.

• @wim said:
    Of course they will.

They sell the damn things (at ridiculous profit margins too). You think they want to intentionally kill one of their own products? You think they want to sabotage their own reputation as a quality brand? What possible reason would they have for not fixing it?

C'mon. 🙄

+1 Less drama people!

• I always struggle to understand what people get from creating and contributing to threads like this.

What’s the problem with just creating one to discuss potential issues like adults?

• It’s passé to complain about subscription costs this week.

• edited May 2023

@wayni said:
    It’s passé to complain about subscription costs this week.

Exactly - this week we are bitching about IAA. Oh, do keep up darlings :smiley:

• @wim said:
    Of course they will.

We'll see.

• @michael_m said:
    I always struggle to understand what people get from creating and contributing to threads like this.

You’ve now contributed to it. Have you gained any insight into what a contributed gains from these kinds of threads?

What’s the problem with just creating one to discuss potential issues like adults?

Adults use hyperbole all the time…especially artists. Those artists can be quite dramatic sometimes. Come to think of it, “all the time” from the previous sentence is also hyperbole :blush: