Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Red Planet Blues

With apologies to the great Gustav Theodore Holst…
The backing, heard by itself in the first 16 bars is BeatHawk Bass, Noise Percussion, DRC and Copperhead played by 4 Pockets Euclidean Sequencer.
Everything else i.e. 5 separate tracks comprising SWAM Trombones, SWAM Horns, SWAM Saxophones, GeoShred Guitar and SWAM Soprano Sax are improvised (other than the obvious borrowed motif) and played with GeoShred.
Everything is hosted and finally mixed in AUM.
PS I came up with the title only to discover that’s it’s a science fiction book by Robert J. Sawyer… oh well !

Art by AI…

Comments

• That’s good, Tony. I love the first surprise and the free form horns evoking the Martian creep. You could do more of that for my tastes. Holst has been an Inspiron multitudes.

Have you listened to Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds? If not I’ll post it. There’s a version narrated by Richard aBurton. Ten analog synths, rock band, string section. It’s a marvel.

• Thanks very much @LinearLineman , yes I enjoyed doing this one.
    Very familiar with JW WotW, had it on LP then CD. Saw a live version of it a few years ago (which wasn’t as good) but a great piece of music.

• Very interesting.
    There are so many musical scenes in this creation, and they are are very cinematic.
    I am enjoying the moments!
    Love the conglomeration of instruments!!!
    Very well done!

• Cool! :)

• Hello Tony, very special stuff, really enjoyed it! frenq

• Muchas gracias @ReneAsologuitar , @Pxlhg and @Frenq 🎶

• Great track, love how it buids up! Nice instrumentation, intense and colourful!

• Great how you could riff on Holst but with a foreboding undercurrent; "bringer of war". The mythology should have included a god of stupidity too.

• What a great work of music.

• Very cool! Sorry I missed this one earlier. This sounds like it was a lot of fun to produce. I love starting out with a very basic idea, usually with no idea where it's going. It's such a great feeling as it all comes together. Nice one!