Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tuning up…

edited May 2023 in Creations

https://on.soundcloud.com/hZBk7DkeVTuDTJkv9

Staffpad, spacecraft, loopy pro, octachron, drambo, hilda, buttersynth, drum computer, skaka, borsta, fac, fabfilter, caelum, kymatica

Wanted to get staffpad to make something floaty, then mushed beats around it that, tbh, I would prefer to spend more time on… next time round I’ll zone in on the beats, want them sounding more flowing, less clockwork

Ah well, have a listen if you like trancey stuff…

Comments

• Nice! I like the contrast between the deep bass drum and the sound effects floating above. Also liked how you made a subtle change to the drums about halfway in. That was a nice touch.

• edited May 2023

@Paulieworld, thanks! I would like to get those drumbeats sounding more played, less sequenced… was going to play some in live but octachron sucked me in… would have also maybe made that bass drum a bit less clear, to match up with the overall sfx driftiness… overall quite pleased with the effort tho :)

• @Kewe_Esse said:
    @Paulieworld, thanks! I would like to get those drumbeats sounding more played, less sequenced… was going to play some in live but octachron sucked me in… would have also maybe made that bass drum a bit less clear, to match up with the overall sfx driftiness… overall quite pleased with the effort tho :)

You should be pleased! It is quite nice. I wouldn’t change anything. Move on to your next composition and be sure to post!

• I like the aboriginal/shamanistic vibe of this!

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    I like the aboriginal/shamanistic vibe of this!

Thanks for listening! I think that has something to do with hilda making that didgeridoo sorta noise… I set up lfoch to mod the cutoff freq in hilda, then ‘played in’ max and min values into lfoch as I recorded into loopy, to give it a live-ish feel

• Would have happily listened to more of the Intro and Outro sections but then again I enjoyed the middle bit as well 😊
    Yes a definite Didgeridoo vibe … very nice.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    I like the aboriginal/shamanistic vibe of this!

Yeah, the shawm/digeredoo is great. I had to think for a second what it sounded like, butbShawm it is.

• @GeoTony - appreciate the enjoy! More is coming… albeit slowly… more structured things, too….

@LinearLineman - I absolutely had to google Shawm. Never heard of it before! I think I would have an easier time of it practising the Hilda/LFOCH than learning the Shawm. The neighbours would never forgive me.

• @Kewe_Esse said:
    @GeoTony - appreciate the enjoy! More is coming… albeit slowly… more structured things, too….

@LinearLineman - I absolutely had to google Shawm. Never heard of it before! I think I would have an easier time of it practising the Hilda/LFOCH than learning the Shawm. The neighbours would never forgive me.

Can’t beat a good Shawm in a smoky jazz club!

• @LinearLineman said:

@Kewe_Esse said:
    @GeoTony - appreciate the enjoy! More is coming… albeit slowly… more structured things, too….

Can’t beat a good Shawm in a smoky jazz club!

Sadly, I think smoky jazz clubs are a thing of the past. I quit smoking but… I do miss those days.

• I'm late, but this is cool and worth a bump. Good job.

• @belldu said:
    I'm late, but this is cool and worth a bump. Good job.

Thanks man, appreciate it.