Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"New Year's Eve" - pop song by Mat and Lucy - Emvoice

edited May 2023 in Creations

Hi

I always try to write music/lyrics based on an experience or raw emotion

This new one is drawn from a slightly poor time back in the 90s. I’d just had a traumatic split from my then fiancée’ and became withdrawn.

However a colleague at work always invited me out to socials. They weren’t always successful - a certain ceroc evening, where we turned up late, missed all the training, and I ended up dancing with a lady who smelt of cats and almost broke my arm !

At New Year’s Eve she invited me to a party - pirate fancy dress (being in IT I strung a floppy disk round my neck and went as a software pirate - and spent the evening explaining what I’d come as !).

She said there’s a girl you should meet, single and you will get along.

She was right. By the end of evening we’d booked a date mid week. After that date she said come and stay for the weekend. It was going great after so much hurt.

On the Saturday she rang me and said don’t bother as she'd met her ex last night and we’re giving it another go.

Well, it lasted a week

This is New Year’s Eve.

All in garageband IOS with a few AUV3s, no external synths or controllers. Vocals in emvoice using cakewalk on a PC. For this song I did some backing harmonising with Keela, and used her ability to "Hum" as well for the last section.

Video was created in IOS Vythm. There's definitely something wrong with my Ipad video codecs (3rd gen 12.9 pro). When I use this app, it generates a slowed down version, and in VS Visual Synth, it won';t allow me to export the video to the camera roll. Still, works fine on the iphone.

This track brings me up to the magic 100 released, I've really enjoyed these last 3 years and looking forward to what happens next

also below I've linked the instrumental version, for those of you not keen on the vocals.

hope you enjoy

Comments

• Very emotional musical vibe, and the vocals are so nicely recorded.
    I can feel the sadness in this supposedly happy New Year's Eve!
    Your story goes along perfectly with this song.
    Simply beautiful work!

• Thank you, very kind. I put a lot of work into this one. Thanks again.

• Music wise it’s another 👍 from me… plus I always enjoy the videos. Lovely combination.

• A bit of meditation nice music song thanks

• thanks @GeoTony and @BerlinFx . Will now spend the next few weeks deciding whether Logic Pro is for :)