Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gumdrops * beats so sweet, you're bound to get ill - AB/IAA/midi

124»

Comments

• Thanks for the sale, @cjhanson. I just picked Gumdrops up and look forward to using it!

• This is what it looks like when I try to load a new kit.

• @ChrisG said:
    This looks like a pretty neat drum sequencer. Kinda like a very expanded version of Figure's drum sequencer, in that you have the spinning rhythm "wheels" w. up to 32 steps patterns, and adjustable velocity settings per step. Something along those lines anyway, unless I misread it all (still early morning here, and the app addiction is already kickn in:(

Does sample import via ACP etc. Free kits available via IAP function. Anyone tried it yet? I'm hovering the purchase button, but trying to hang on for some impressions first. :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gumdrops-*-beats-so-sweet/id732635007?mt=8

• @Tritonman said:
    This is what it looks like when I try to load a new kit.

Did u press the shopping cart icon above the heart (to the right)?

• @cjhanson Great app! Anything that has that Ableton Live loop trigger quality is a must have in my book. I haven't used it much yet but does it allow you to import your own drum samples?

• Yes and tried re installing and restoring purchases also. Still just one kit.

• @Tritonman said:
    Yes and tried re installing and restoring purchases also. Still just one kit.

When I get home I will take a peak, but the same thing has happened to me for a month or so after I got the app. I was starting to think that was it.

• Same here - just one kit

• edited June 2015

I will definitely look into this issue. Any info you can provide may prove helpful, such as:

1. Device Type
    2. Amount of storage
    3. Amount of free storage
    4. Steps taken to try to resolve the issue

And of course you can always email me directly if you have issues or suggestions. cj [at] hansoninteractive.com
    Thanks,
    CJ

• I just kept pushing the Restore button until it says 'Download Completed '
    On iPad 3 .
    iPad Air 2 it downloaded the kits smoothly.
    A bit clunky that part of it...
    App looks cool though, off to sample some pots n pans !!

• @Jes said:

Admire your enterprise.....let us know how it sounds/works out.

• @cjhansen ,only one sound set here also . I bought your app when it first was released and it had all the sound sets , I deleted it (to make room to record kids football games :) ) reinstalled last night and now only one sound set .
    ipad 4
    32gb
    5gb free

• edited June 2015

I am working on a fix but that will probably be a few weeks before it's through the Apple Mill and into your hands. So in the meantime, you are welcome to download the Free pack now and install it manually using iTunes file sharing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s444spmyx9y264e/gumdrops-free-starter-pack.zip?dl=1

1. Download the file to your computer and unzip it.
    2. Connect your iPad to your computer.
    3. Open iTunes and navigate to your iPad Apps section
    4. In the lower portion of the window locate the "File Sharing" area and click Gumdrops
    5. In the right pane select "Beats", "Sound Sets", and "Sounds" then click "Save to..."
    6. Save these to a location you can easily locate.
    7. Copy the files from the extracted starter pack into the corresponding folders you just exported from iTunes.
    8. Select these folders and drag all of them into the right side pane for "Gumdrops Documents" in iTunes and choose replace all when prompted.

Thanks for hanging in there while I get this fixed.

CJ

• @Jes said:
    I just kept pushing the Restore button until it says 'Download Completed '

Thanks, this worked for me too. iPad 2, latest iOS

• @Jes said:
    I just kept pushing the Restore button until it says 'Download Completed '
    On iPad 3 .
    iPad Air 2 it downloaded the kits smoothly.
    A bit clunky that part of it...

Yessir, this worked for me too. Great tip. Thanks.

• edited June 2015

Just purchased from brand new, never installed before. Looks like one kit also.

1. iPad2 on iOS 8.3
    2. 16 GB of storage
    3. 6 GB of storage free
    4. Went onto Store to download free starter pack.

edit: I went back into the store and restored my sound sets, now I have 7 of them on tap.
    edit2: Not sure why this didn't post last night!! Anyway I did the same as others, just kept spamming the restore button until it worked.

• @cjhanson Thanks for your attention. I did buy this app, but haven't really found myself getting past about ten minutes any time I open it, which perhaps says more about me than it does the program itself, but your interaction here (along with other peoples positive responses) encourages me to try again :) Will wait patiently for the Apple Mill to do their slow work first perhaps....

• Audioshare support inthefuture perhaps? This is fun!

• Audioshare will definitely be in the next update.

• edited July 2015

As promised, Gumdrops v1.5 is out now and includes AudioShare:

New in v1.5

• Audiobus 2.2 w/ remote triggers for playback, A/B/C/D quick patterns and first 3 groups of pads

• AudioShare

• Auto sets beat mark upon loading sample (Applying sample to all pads in group also applies the same beat mark)

• Now supports "Open In" so you can easily import audio from your favorite apps directly to a pad in Gumdrops

• Now supports the standard Document Picker so you can easily import audio from your iCloud Drive and 3rd party
      storage providers like Dropbox and Google Drive.

• Long press in MIDI learn to un-learn a mapping

• Fix IAP (In-App Purchase) download progress

• Fix bugs in MIDI Learn

• EZAudio updated

http://gumdrops.hiapps.us

• Nice!