Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

End of Summer (Pianoteq, Omnisphere, Zebra2)

This is a music track that I improvised on an Xkey Air 37 MIDI keyboard connected via Bluetooth to an iPad. The MIDI file was transferred to Bitwig Studio on a desktop PC. There the MIDI notes were routed to Pianoteq 8 for the harp and piano, as well as to Omnisphere and Zebra2 for the background instruments.

After bringing the audio recording into Vegas Pro, I applied the Lurssen Mastering Console plug-in to the audio mix.

It's titled End of Summer.

Comments

• heshes
    edited May 2023

That's a beautiful piece of music.

I'm curious, though, why did you route to Pianoteq on the iPad and not just run Pianoteq on your PC? I'll make a guess, which is maybe just what I like to think: you don't have bluetooth midi working with your PC, and you like to relax on a couch playing your xkey air?

• @hes said:
    I'm curious, though, why did you route to Pianoteq on the iPad and not just run Pianoteq on your PC? I'll make a guess...

That's a good guess, but the true reason is more random (or more opportunistic).

The power was off for me for most of Sunday. With nothing else to do, I thought I would listen to Thelonious Monk on my iPad.

(Monk famously said, "there are no wrong notes.")

I figured I ought to be more adventurous in my note explorations, so I fired up Pianoteq on my iPad with the Xkey connected. Both were on battery power.

(The power came back on later, just before midnight.)

Any other day, I would have run Pianoteq on my PC connected to a more full-featured keyboard.

• That's cool, one of those getting a lemon and making lemonade scenarios.

I forgot about the battery-powered angle, mobile gear. A better guess by me would have been more along the lines of "You recorded the Pianoteq part while you were relaxing outside on a beautiful day at the park." I may just go try that one myself. :)

• Not even the start of summer here but it was still a beautiful piece 🙏

• Thanks, @GeoTony. Much appreciated.

• Your visuals are amongst the best posted here, David. I always enjoy them. I hope you’re doing okay, bro.

• edited May 2023

Sound so nice I love what you achieve in Music and videos

• Thanks, @LinearLineman and @BerlinFx. Much appreciated.

@LinearLineman, as you said, it doesn't necessarily get easier. Time will tell. I hope you're hanging in there okay.