Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

*Solved*Loopy Pro Losing Midi Connection with foot pedal*Soft Reset*UCNET midi driver

13»

Comments

• Recently started encountering this issue where Loopy Pro would seem to lose the USB/MIDI connection to my Roland digital piano abruptly and for no apparent reason. AUV3s would stop playing and notes would not appear to trigger from the Roland in the Loopy mixer. Other iOS apps using midi still worked fine with the Roland, but not Loopy. Anyhow, disabling "Enable Network MIDI" fixed the issue. I've been able to play for several days now without the issue resurfacing. I do have other Apple hardware on my LAN, but don't typically use this for MIDI/music apps, so I was surprised to find this was the issue.

Thanks @TheAudioDabbler and @Michael for diagnosing this issue. Finding this thread was a lifesaver for me!

FWIW, I'm somewhat worried that other Loopy users would have similar issues without ever finding this fix. My $0.02 would be to leave Network MIDI disabled by default to save them from having a bad experience.

One more thought: Loopy is hardly the only app to use Network MIDI, but it's the only app I know of that loses its connection to other MIDI instruments because of it. This problem is solved for me, but...Is there some other bug lurking in Loopy Pro that is causing this to happen?

• @dbeach24 said:
    FWIW, I'm somewhat worried that other Loopy users would have similar issues without ever finding this fix. My $0.02 would be to leave Network MIDI disabled by default to save them from having a bad experience.

I believe it does default to off.