Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hello new Waves!

Following the lively "Waves Goodbye" thread started by skilled and witty @Lady_App_titude, here's one to list your favorite Waves plugins that you've used so far.
I wouldn't mind if this thread ended up in a list of great potential alternatives.

Comments

• Waves Tune RT in Cubasis 3. :) It's really phenomenal.

• Waves AudioTrack is my default Channelstrip in CB3.

• edited March 2023

F6, Sibilance, CLA-2A, IR-I Reverb, C4 and Linear Phase EQ are the ones I use on every session.

I have several others but they’re used in “specific use” cases (Smack Attack, Waves Tune, L316, Vocal Rider, etc…).

Edit: I also have the ones within Cubasis 3 but I rarely use them.

• The other Waves thread seems to have been banned or locked or somesuch, so I’ll leave this here:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/waves-announce-reinstatement-of-perpetual-and-wup

• @mambonassau : fwiw, the other thread was neither banned nor locked

• Btw, Waves has relented to customer dissatisfaction over the new policy:

Dear Waves community,

My name is Meir Shashoua, and I’m the CTO and Co-Founder of Waves Audio.

Over the past few days, many of you have expressed concerns about our decision to discontinue perpetual plugin licenses and our move to an exclusive plugin subscription model. I would like to start by apologizing for the frustration we have caused many of you, our loyal customers. We understand that our move was sudden and disruptive, and did not sufficiently take into consideration your needs, wishes, and preferences. We are genuinely sorry for the distress it has caused.

After respectfully listening to your concerns, I want to share with you that we are bringing back the perpetual plugin license model, side-by-side with the new subscriptions. You will again be able to get plugins as perpetual licenses, just as before.

In addition, those of you who already own perpetual licenses will once again be able to update your plugins and receive a second license via the Waves Update Plan—again, just as before. This option, too, will be available alongside and independently of the subscription program.

We are currently putting all our efforts into making perpetual licenses available to you again, as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can keep up-to-date on this news page, where we will post the latest updates on perpetual license availability.

I would like you to know that we are committed to you, our users. We listened to your feedback, and we will continue to listen to you. Waves is a company filled with users and creators, just like you, and we are all as passionate about the products as you are. With this in mind, we will strive to find the way to make things right by you, and hopefully regain your trust.

Thank you for your feedback and continued support—I wish you all the best,

• @espiegel123 said:
    Btw, Waves has relented to customer dissatisfaction over the new policy:

Dear Waves community,    

My name is Meir Shashoua, and I’m the CTO and Co-Founder of Waves Audio.     

Over the past few days, many of you have expressed concerns about our decision to discontinue perpetual plugin licenses and our move to an exclusive plugin subscription model. I would like to start by apologizing for the frustration we have caused many of you, our loyal customers. We understand that our move was sudden and disruptive, and did not sufficiently take into consideration your needs, wishes, and preferences. We are genuinely sorry for the distress it has caused.    

After respectfully listening to your concerns, I want to share with you that we are bringing back the perpetual plugin license model, side-by-side with the new subscriptions. You will again be able to get plugins as perpetual licenses, just as before.

In addition, those of you who already own perpetual licenses will once again be able to update your plugins and receive a second license via the Waves Update Plan—again, just as before. This option, too, will be available alongside and independently of the subscription program.

We are currently putting all our efforts into making perpetual licenses available to you again, as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can keep up-to-date on this news page, where we will post the latest updates on perpetual license availability.

I would like you to know that we are committed to you, our users. We listened to your feedback, and we will continue to listen to you. Waves is a company filled with users and creators, just like you, and we are all as passionate about the products as you are. With this in mind, we will strive to find the way to make things right by you, and hopefully regain your trust.     

Thank you for your feedback and continued support—I wish you all the best,

Not relented, faced the reality of the situation, it’s called a humiliating U-Turn.

• edited March 2023

looks like a good move though, welcome back Waves

.. quote from the GS board: "tonight i'm gonna party like its 29.99" :)

• @cabo said:

Certainly a sensible one, but consulting the user base prior to any change would have been wise.

• @knewspeak said:

@cabo said:

Certainly a sensible one, but consulting the user base prior to any change would have been wise.

At least they've taken action to keep their customers satisfied. Kudos to Mr. Shashoua and his team!

• Smack is really good. its probably my all time favorite tranient shaper. It can get loops so tight without losing sonic quality, really powerful tool.

besides that, the only other plugins i use from the any more is the abbey roads stuff.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @mambonassau : fwiw, the other thread was neither banned nor locked

Hmmm... weird! For some reason, it has disappeared from my forum feed, and adding a new comment didn't move it to the top. Because of that weird behavior, I assumed it had been flagged/modded into oblivion.

Also: yes, the link I provided covered Waves' policy reversal.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    Smack is really good. its probably my all time favorite tranient shaper. It can get loops so tight without losing sonic quality, really powerful tool.

besides that, the only other plugins i use from the any more is the abbey roads stuff.

@shinyisshiny said:
    Smack is really good. its probably my all time favorite tranient shaper. It can get loops so tight without losing sonic quality, really powerful tool.

Smack Attack is also really great for ducking hihats out of snare mics. And for rock drummers that can’t seem to really hit the kick drum properly. Definitely my top two reasons for using it.

• @mambonassau said:

@espiegel123 said:

Hmmm... weird! For some reason, it has disappeared from my forum feed, and adding a new comment didn't move it to the top. Because of that weird behavior, I assumed it had been flagged/modded into oblivion.

Sometimes threads are allowed to sink because they have taken a bad turn. When that happens, they don’t rise to the top when comments are added.

• @knewspeak said:

@cabo said:

Honestly I wish anyone wanting to make a big change like this would consult the @Michael Loopy Pro discussions that occurred and the results of doing it the right way. That’s the business consultation model for the future.

• @NoiseHorse said:

@knewspeak said:

@cabo said:

Honestly I wish anyone wanting to make a big change like this would consult the @Michael Loopy Pro discussions that occurred and the results of doing it the right way. That’s the business consultation model for the future.

I agree it’s a sensible model.

• edited March 2023

@espiegel123 said:

@mambonassau said:

@espiegel123 said:

Sometimes threads are allowed to sink because they have taken a bad turn. When that happens, they don’t rise to the top when comments are added.

i think Off Topic has been removed.

bye!

• Anyone here using the CR8 sampler?

• Waves tune RT is the only one I've purchased, and twice at that. The cubasis bundle is fine, not amazing.

• @AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@mambonassau said:

@espiegel123 said:

bye!

No, it's still here: https://forum.audiob.us/categories/off-topic

Maybe a server error?

• edited March 2023

@NeuM said:

@AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@mambonassau said:

@espiegel123 said:

bye!

No, it's still here: https://forum.audiob.us/categories/off-topic

Maybe a server error?

Cant post to it anymore if you make a new discussion from the main page. Seems fine to me if it is hidden from new visitors,

• Bought Waves Cr8 Sampler, absolute crap, crash upon crash. Thankfully no longer need anything from waves> @rs2000 said:

Anyone here using the CR8 sampler?

Yes and never again, the Cosmos sample finder was a joke. Very buggy and crash prone, licensing problems on and on

• Waves: too late...the damage is done?

• yeah, just wanted to post this too, lots of truth in what he's saying .. and still angry

be careful and treat your customers with the respect they deserve, at least they kept feeding you and your business through all these years

• @Simon said:
    Waves: too late...the damage is done?

🙌🏽

• If your app is is good enough, people will keep buying it. People are still buying apps by Bram, FAC, Bleass, Igor and others years after they've been released. For music apps, unless it's something where you're getting new content on a weekly or monthly basis, I'm hugely anti-subscription.

• @Gavinski said:
    If your app is is good enough, people will keep buying it. People are still buying apps by Bram, FAC, Bleass, Igor and others years after they've been released. For music apps, unless it's something where you're getting new content on a weekly or monthly basis, I'm hugely anti-subscription.

That list is certainly one that inspires people to buy on the name alone.