Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Virus when trying to install Maschine 2 (trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml)

edited March 2023 in Desktop

I'm trying to install Maschine 2 with Native Access. My copy is legit and I bought it full money, no crack or sh*t like that involve.

Windows Defender on Windows 11 create an alert:

trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml

Anyone else?

Comments

• If it’s a legit copy it’s unlikely NI would distribute it with their install files.

Maybe it’s a false positive from the antivirus software?

• @michael_m said:
    If it’s a legit copy it’s unlikely NI would distribute it with their install files.

Maybe it’s a false positive from the antivirus software?

I'm sure NI is in good faith, I trust them. BUT, maybe they got infected, hacked?

I just want to be sure before installing the software.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I'm trying to install Maschine 2 with Native Access. My copy is legit and I bought it full money, no crack or sh*t like that involve.

Windows Defender on Windows 11 create an alert:

trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml

Anyone else?

I would contact NI's support people and would not install till hearing from them.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I would contact NI's support people and would not install till hearing from them.

+1.

Even then, make a backup before you do the install.

• Question asked to the NI forum. I will update the answer for the record.

• I would contact NI support, too. They may need to hook you up with an uninfected installer.

• Try running Malwarebytes before attempting the install. I was able to install Maschine 2 correctly from Native Access so quickly looked into the script issue. It’s from any number of sources and able to repair itself so an anti-malware program should do the trick to remove it.

• @tehskwrl said:
    Try running Malwarebytes before attempting the install. I was able to install Maschine 2 correctly from Native Access so quickly looked into the script issue. It’s from any number of sources and able to repair itself so an anti-malware program should do the trick to remove it.

I got MB. I'm not sure if it's a false positive by Windows 11 or not. We will see.

• Most likely false positive, but cannot get a 100% answer by NI.

MANY people got this issues with a lot of NI product.

I inspected the "virus" file with VirusTotal and the file is OK
    I installed Maschine 2 anyways and scan my computer with Windows Defender and MalewareBytes and I'm OK.

• Over the years a lot of ‘dial home’ copy protection methods have given Trojan warnings on my aging Windows system. But still better to check it out first.

• I just opened Native Access and updated Kontakt 7, but during the installation Microsoft Defender quarantined a 'Severe' threat. The updated Kontakt 7 seems to work fine.