Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Velvet Machine, is there anything to beat it at what it does?

2»

Comments

• @Zerozerozero said:

@tahiche said:
    I arrived at some random preset in Velvet that is the most realistic space I’ve found in a reverb. I know, that’s totally not the intended use of Velvet Machine, but it blew me away how realistic it sounded, just like being in a room.

Would be interested to hear. Any chance of a screenshot when you get a chance? Thanks

Nothing special about it. But sounds really good to my ears, I suck at reverbs but this sounded just right.

• @tahiche said:

@Zerozerozero said:

@tahiche said:
    I arrived at some random preset in Velvet that is the most realistic space I’ve found in a reverb. I know, that’s totally not the intended use of Velvet Machine, but it blew me away how realistic it sounded, just like being in a room.

Would be interested to hear. Any chance of a screenshot when you get a chance? Thanks

Nothing special about it. But sounds really good to my ears, I suck at reverbs but this sounded just right.

No expert either but like stuff you post so thought it would be worth checking out. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Have saved settings and will give it a test on speakers tomorrow. 👍🏻

• I wish I could load my own impulse responses because I like the envelope feature.

• @tahiche said:

Lovely! It's a beautiful reverb, and a great creative sound design tool.

• @HotStrange said:
    Ab vortex x can get into similar spaces but nothing quite like Velvet Machine really.

@Gavinski suggested Ab vortex x and Ab vortex when I was looking for something to blur sounds. I've put both on my wishlist for future purchases, along with MagicBlur.

• @enkaytee said:

@andowrites said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Here’s a batch of presets for anyone interested. @andowrites

Are these presets compatible with both desktop and iOS versions of Velvet Machine?

Should be - I've swapped presets between the 2 versions...

Yes, I imported them to desktop Velvet Machine last night, all working no issues.

• @andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:
    Ab vortex x can get into similar spaces but nothing quite like Velvet Machine really.

@Gavinski suggested Ab vortex x and Ab vortex when I was looking for something to blur sounds. I've put both on my wishlist for future purchases, along with MagicBlur.

Lemme know what you think about it! I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would.

• @HotStrange said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

Lemme know what you think about it! I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would.

I might check it out on iOS first, as it's far more costly on desktop, although with additional features.

• @andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

I might check it out on iOS first, as it's far more costly on desktop, although with additional features.

I don't think there are any features in the desktop version that aren't in the iOS one and there's a demo version available...

https://phonolyth.com/products/velvet-machine

• @enkaytee said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

I don't think there are any features in the desktop version that aren't in the iOS one and there's a demo version available...

Andō is talking about AB Vortex X, I think, whose desktop version is much more feature-rich

• @andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

Feel free to DJ me a reverb-dry audio file you’d like to hear the iOS version on and I’ll let you hear what it sounds like through ab vortex x

• @Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

Feel free to DJ me a reverb-dry audio file you’d like to hear the iOS version on and I’ll let you hear what it sounds like through ab vortex x

Cool, thanks Gav.

• @Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

Andō is talking about AB Vortex X, I think, whose desktop version is much more feature-rich

Ahh - OK - my bad...👍

• @andowrites said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

Cool, thanks Gav.

dm, not DJ, 😂

• @Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

@andowrites said:

@HotStrange said:

Cool, thanks Gav.

dm, not DJ, 😂

That's okay, I speak typo and autospell, as well as English. :smile: