Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Glitchscaper from Igor Vasiliev

Apparently coming next week

Comments

• Ohhhh wow…mine

• I am wondering if this is simplified Beat Cutter.
    Not sure what is going on in the video
    Never used Beat Cutter and know very little about it, other than it is confusing as hell.

But, these seem to tread similar ground, and dev seems to be attempting to simplify his newer apps.
    Looks pretty cool.

• All began with SoundScaper

• Seems like more than an effect with the tone knobs. Maybe it’s following the beats of the drums? Or is it an instrument all its own? I’m gonna get it either way but I hope it’s more like one of the Scaper apps but for glitch and drones.

• Soundscaper is an iOS top 5 all-timer for me. I spent so much time with it and eventually mastered it…only problem was, the happy accidents I recorded while fiddling and figuring things out were way more spontaneous and usable than the stuff I did when things were no longer random magic.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Soundscaper is an iOS top 5 all-timer for me. I spent so much time with it and eventually mastered it…only problem was, the happy accidents I recorded while fiddling and figuring things out were way more spontaneous and usable than the stuff I did when things were no longer random magic.

Glad I’m not the only Soundscaper lover. There was a poll a little bit ago for best Igor app and I think that one had the least amount of votes. It’s probably my favorite of his as well.

• This looks like a 4-channel euclidian sequencer times 5 for sample gating and effect with additional randomness and lfo.

• Ohhh man…

• On desktop aswell.

• What effect is it at 1.11?

Thats in beatcutter also.

• The only patch of 2 I made.

I still got same synths and samples as a template lol

and thats only a few inputs.

but a cool sound.

I thought Id lost patch but its on another ipad. Sending via inbox though dosent seem to trigger beatcutter.

I guess I can sort something out.

No diss.

Effects sounded similar.

• Yeah the sound at 1.36.

So cool.

Igor apps are good.

• When you were guided by AI in cryosleep because your ship had gone off course by a billion years.

• I've never managed to get anything usable out of Beatcutter, it just breaks my brain. Will defo buy this though.

• Oh, that sounds really good!

• @FastGhost said:
    I've never managed to get anything usable out of Beatcutter, it just breaks my brain. Will defo buy this though.

Same here. I now seem to have reduced it to silence, even when loading the presets...this one looks good though...

• @monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:
    I've never managed to get anything usable out of Beatcutter, it just breaks my brain. Will defo buy this though.

Same here. I now seem to have reduced it to silence, even when loading the presets...this one looks good though...

I thought it was just me. Silent here too.

• @FastGhost said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

Reset completely and start over - always works for me.

• @Pxlhg said:

@FastGhost said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

I did that - deleted, reinstalled, still nothing. When I first bought it I managed a few interesting things, added my own samples etc., but I can't get a squeak out of it now.

Not dissing the app though, it's obviously beyond my abilities!

• @monz0id said:

@Pxlhg said:

@FastGhost said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

I did that - deleted, reinstalled, still nothing. When I first bought it I managed a few interesting things, added my own samples etc., but I can't get a squeak out of it now.

Not dissing the app though, it's obviously beyond my abilities!

The only thing I do after I have added some samples is setting the number of samples at the TMPL page then add one of the templates from the same page (wish there were more). Then I use instant random (still on TMPL). That should give you sound but it can take a while before it starts, several minutes sometimes. Then I maybe fiddle a bit with the main pages bus mode. That's it.

There is one setting that will cut sound for me and that's sequence on the TRIG page. That one has to be off. Don't know why 😂

• @Pxlhg said:
    The only thing I do after I have added some samples is setting the number of samples at the TMPL page then add one of the templates from the same page (wish there were more). Then I use instant random (still on TMPL). That should give you sound but it can take a while before it starts, several minutes sometimes. Then I maybe fiddle a bit with the main pages bus mode. That's it.

There is one setting that will cut sound for me and that's sequence on the TRIG page. That one has to be off. Don't know why 😂

Ah cheers for that - I'll have another go and check that TRIG page!

• edited March 2023

Hello everybody 😊
    I will be premiering GlitchScaper a bit later, here is the link.

It’s not a live stream but the chat will be active.

• This might be the only hope I have of getting a sound out of this, thanks Doug.

• @FastGhost said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

It's entertaining and heartbreaking in equal measure to read the testimonials of Beatcutter victims. I feel for you, my friends. 🤝

At the same time though, I'm not going to lie: watching from the sidelines as the community was trying, mostly in vain, to figure out what the hell that app was doing was one of the vile schadenfreude highlights of my time on this forum.

• I'm more than happy for you to bask in my incompetence @ervin. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it really. I mean, I suck at even basic sound design with the simplest of synths - the screenshots should have been enough to tell me "this is not for you sir, move along".

• @FastGhost said:
    I'm more than happy for you to bask in my incompetence @ervin. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it really. I mean, I suck at even basic sound design with the simplest of synths - the screenshots should have been enough to tell me "this is not for you sir, move along".

Since it’s not a ‘go-to’, regularly used app, the problem I have is trying to remember how to use it - months after watching hours of tutorials…I can’t face sitting through them again!

No regrets though, happy to have supported one of my favourite devs, and will undoubtedly pick up the new one.

• edited March 2023

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:
    I'm more than happy for you to bask in my incompetence @ervin. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it really. I mean, I suck at even basic sound design with the simplest of synths - the screenshots should have been enough to tell me "this is not for you sir, move along".

Since it’s not a ‘go-to’, regularly used app, the problem I have is trying to remember how to use it - months after watching hours of tutorials…I can’t face sitting through them again!

No regrets though, happy to have supported one of my favourite devs, and will undoubtedly pick up the new one.

FWIW, which is not much, I think you both have a totally valid approach. Also, it's quite clear that not understanding Beatcutter is not incompetence at all - it's simply what reality is. Noone understands Beatcutter. If someone thinks they do, I have a great Feynman quote about quantum mechanics for them. 🙂

• @ervin said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

FWIW, which is not much, I think you both have a totally valid approach. Also, it's quite clear that not understanding Beatcutter is not incompetence at all - it's simply what reality is. Noone understands Beatcutter. If someone thinks they do, I have a great Feynman quote about quantum mechanics for them. 🙂

Not true lol... I did get a pretty thorough understanding of it in the end, but like monzo said, Iast time I opened it I realised I had forgotten A LOT! There was a guy who really understood it, Scott something, forget his handle here, but he likely grasped it more than anyone.

• @ervin said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

I’m the same with some of his other apps - haven’t a clue what I’m doing, but manage to get a few interesting noises out of them by tapping the randomisers and hoping for the best - that approach not quite working with this one though!

@Gavinski said:

@ervin said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

Not true lol... I did get a pretty thorough understanding of it in the end, but like monzo said, Iast time I opened it I realised I had forgotten A LOT! There was a guy who really understood it, Scott something, forget his handle here, but he likely grasped it more than anyone.

I think I need to revisit your vid, it helped when I last watched it, but reckon I need to make notes this time!

• @monz0id said:

@ervin said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

I’m the same with some of his other apps - haven’t a clue what I’m doing, but manage to get a few interesting noises out of them by tapping the randomisers and hoping for the best - that approach not quite working with this one though!

@Gavinski said:

@ervin said:

@monz0id said:

@FastGhost said:

I think I need to revisit your vid, it helped when I last watched it, but reckon I need to make notes this time!

There were still some things I wasn't clear on when I made that video - I'd recommend watching mine, Leo's and Mark H's. Between the 3 of those, you'll definitely grasp it!