Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VPN vs DPN

I'm not sure what is the best option. Is there a good affordable DPN out there?

Some people says it's better to have a DPN because you don't have to trust a company to handle yours data carefully, but others say that you have to trust a lot of entity when you use a DPN.

Comments

  • OK… Google needed to research this new acronym:

    DPNs are serverless and distributed, ensuring higher security levels such that user data is not logged, hacked or subpoenaed. In a decentralized private network, user devices act as both the client (like individual internet users) and server (like Amazon Web Services or Google).

    Hey Google “Which is better between VPN and DPN?”

    DPN’s require a lot of service providers that are paid with crypto micro payments

    The addition of cryto would make me stick with VPN’s or the older option “Tor”.

  • @McD said:
    OK… Google needed to research this new acronym:

    DPNs are serverless and distributed, ensuring higher security levels such that user data is not logged, hacked or subpoenaed. In a decentralized private network, user devices act as both the client (like individual internet users) and server (like Amazon Web Services or Google).

    Hey Google “Which is better between VPN and DPN?”

    DPN’s require a lot of service providers that are paid with crypto micro payments

    The addition of cryto would make me stick with VPN’s or the older option “Tor”.

    I can google it obv, but the opinions on this topic are all over the place.

  • @Montreal_Music said:

    @McD said:
    OK… Google needed to research this new acronym:

    DPNs are serverless and distributed, ensuring higher security levels such that user data is not logged, hacked or subpoenaed. In a decentralized private network, user devices act as both the client (like individual internet users) and server (like Amazon Web Services or Google).

    Hey Google “Which is better between VPN and DPN?”

    DPN’s require a lot of service providers that are paid with crypto micro payments

    The addition of cryto would make me stick with VPN’s or the older option “Tor”.

    I can google it obv, but the opinions on this topic are all over the place.

    Are you setup for cryto payments?

  • @McD said:

    @Montreal_Music said:

    @McD said:
    OK… Google needed to research this new acronym:

    DPNs are serverless and distributed, ensuring higher security levels such that user data is not logged, hacked or subpoenaed. In a decentralized private network, user devices act as both the client (like individual internet users) and server (like Amazon Web Services or Google).

    Hey Google “Which is better between VPN and DPN?”

    DPN’s require a lot of service providers that are paid with crypto micro payments

    The addition of cryto would make me stick with VPN’s or the older option “Tor”.

    I can google it obv, but the opinions on this topic are all over the place.

    Are you setup for cryto payments?

    I read that the Bitcoin Blockchain can accept a single update every 8 seconds. How could that scale for millions of crypto payments… it can’t so a crypto payment system for DPN must use yet another crypto system. It’s still the Wild West out there
    On the crypto frontier.

  • @McD said:

    @Montreal_Music said:

    @McD said:
    OK… Google needed to research this new acronym:

    DPNs are serverless and distributed, ensuring higher security levels such that user data is not logged, hacked or subpoenaed. In a decentralized private network, user devices act as both the client (like individual internet users) and server (like Amazon Web Services or Google).

    Hey Google “Which is better between VPN and DPN?”

    DPN’s require a lot of service providers that are paid with crypto micro payments

    The addition of cryto would make me stick with VPN’s or the older option “Tor”.

    I can google it obv, but the opinions on this topic are all over the place.

    Are you setup for cryto payments?

    No. But you can buy a DPN without mining crypto. I just want it as a 1 time payment alternative for the VPN.

  • You do really have to be careful with VPNs, definitely don't use anything owned by Kape which now includes PIA, Express and a whole load more of the most well known ones. However I wouldn't trust any DPN with anything at all. If it helps, by far the most trustworthy VPN is Mullvad.

  • @FastGhost said:
    You do really have to be careful with VPNs, definitely don't use anything owned by Kape which now includes PIA, Express and a whole load more of the most well known ones. However I wouldn't trust any DPN with anything at all. If it helps, by far the most trustworthy VPN is Mullvad.

    I don't trust any of them.
    Using one may give some sense of security and privacy, but in summary this may well be a false feeling.
    Same with using Tor, where it is long proven that big "players" control enough nodes to get the information they want.

  • edited April 1

    I use VPN. Getting a good VPN is worth it. Most plans should let you have multiple devices on one subscription too, so your comp, laptop, phone ect are all covered. Or you could be really savvy and set your router up to run through the VPN so any local traffic on your network is covered. Picking any one of the top ones you can't go wrong. VPN can help you save money like described in this article https://bigpricedrops.com/how-to-save-money-with-a-vpn-5-ways/ . There is a significant price difference almost exclusively when currency rates fluctuate. Lufthansa, for instance, might offer a better price in Euros than in Dollars in certain conditions so you'd save money if you connected to a German VPN server, or when Turkish Lira recently dropped around 20% you could connect to a Turkish server and save around 20%.

Sign In or Register to comment.