Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bluetooth MIDI Keyboards

2»

Comments

• @Pxlhg said:

@McD said:

@Pxlhg said:

@hes said:

@mojozart said:

@hes said:

@mojozart said:
    Another option for providing a USB Host is CME UHost

This and a small power bank is all you need, and it does tricks

You wouldn't need the keyboard's onboard BLE MIDI in this case, just USB MIDI

Yes. And Yamaha UD-BT01 is the same. You power it (and the controller) through a small usb power bank, adapter sits in between power bank and controller.

I have both UD-BT01 and CME Uhost.

I mention Uhost because its BLE is a couple generations newer than the Yamaha, and it can auto-learn groups.

But I still use them both.

Same here, have both. I clarified that UD-BT01 worked this way mostly because someone's earlier post suggested you might need a USB hub with it. You don't, just power it with a charger and you're good.

I got my Widi UHost but I might be missing something because none of my USB keyboards will start after connection, the UHost is recognised (updated firmware and USB prot.). I do use an adapter for the cable from UHost to Keyboard/s as I don't have the proper ones for direct connection but I haven't had problem with that earlier when I used it (USB-A Double Female). It should be just plug and play, right?

Don’t most USB keyboards get power from the iPad?

No, midi keyboards get power by a hub usually. Here power go through the BT adapter, well at least that's what I thought.

I think there is a lot of variability in people’s setups. I know that a lot of people connect direct to a controller without a hub and make their controller choice with that in mind.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@McD said:

@Pxlhg said:

@hes said:

@mojozart said:

@hes said:

@mojozart said:

Yes. And Yamaha UD-BT01 is the same. You power it (and the controller) through a small usb power bank, adapter sits in between power bank and controller.

I mention Uhost because its BLE is a couple generations newer than the Yamaha, and it can auto-learn groups.

Same here, have both. I clarified that UD-BT01 worked this way mostly because someone's earlier post suggested you might need a USB hub with it. You don't, just power it with a charger and you're good.

I got my Widi UHost but I might be missing something because none of my USB keyboards will start after connection, the UHost is recognised (updated firmware and USB prot.). I do use an adapter for the cable from UHost to Keyboard/s as I don't have the proper ones for direct connection but I haven't had problem with that earlier when I used it (USB-A Double Female). It should be just plug and play, right?

No, midi keyboards get power by a hub usually. Here power go through the BT adapter, well at least that's what I thought.

I think there is a lot of variability in people’s setups. I know that a lot of people connect direct to a controller without a hub and make their controller choice with that in mind.

Sure! Doesn't help or explain my issue though.... :( I didn't know I had to buy extra to complement an already expensive item. I've now ordered two USB-C(Male) to USB-A adapters but worry that wont help as I think it should work already. We'll see. Disappointed anyhow.

• @McD said:
    I bought an Akai Bluetooth but they sent me the USB wired version. I believe the Akai is out of production.

So, I keep checking for a Bluetooth Keyboard to have handy for keys, pads, knobs, transport and last night I saw this new vendor:

It arrived this morning and is pretty similar to the Akai in terms of key action which is reasonable.
    The pads are velocity sensitive.

Still got this one? Thinking of clicking the buy button next week. I need a new Bluetooth midi controller and this one seems to fit the bill perfectly.

• @HotStrange said:

@McD said:
    I bought an Akai Bluetooth but they sent me the USB wired version. I believe the Akai is out of production.

So, I keep checking for a Bluetooth Keyboard to have handy for keys, pads, knobs, transport and last night I saw this new vendor:

It arrived this morning and is pretty similar to the Akai in terms of key action which is reasonable.

Still got this one? Thinking of clicking the buy button next week. I need a new Bluetooth midi controller and this one seems to fit the bill perfectly.

I gave up after neither the first one nor the replacement would hold a connection and kept sending cc1 data randomly.

• I’ve had pretty good luck with the Midiplus AKM320BT. No pads or knobs, just a basic keyboard. Key action is not great but it has BT, USB and TRS MIDI outs and it’s dirt cheap on Amazon. No issues with the BT connection to my iPad. Good for travelling but not a first choice for studio use.

• @legsmechanical said:

@HotStrange said:

@McD said:

I gave up after neither the first one nor the replacement would hold a connection and kept sending cc1 data randomly.

Damn that’s unfortunate. Maybe I should just save up extra for the CME or a Microkey Air then. Don’t have the space anymore for a large midi controller.

• @rheslip said:
    I’ve had pretty good luck with the Midiplus AKM320BT. No pads or knobs, just a basic keyboard. Key action is not great but it has BT, USB and TRS MIDI outs and it’s dirt cheap on Amazon. No issues with the BT connection to my iPad. Good for travelling but not a first choice for studio use.

I’ll look into that one. Thanks!

• @legsmechanical said:

@HotStrange said:

@McD said:

Check the reviews on Amazon. 4.5 out of 5.

cc1 is the Mod Wheel. There’s a Pitch Bend and Mod “Wheel” touch surface on the upper right side of the keyboard.

If there’s a better solution under $100 please let us all know.

• @McD said:

@legsmechanical said:

@HotStrange said:

@McD said:

cc1 is the Mod Wheel. There’s a Pitch Bend and Mod “Wheel” touch surface on the upper right side of the keyboard.

Yeah, I’m gonna go ahead and rely on the hours I put into trying to make two of these things work properly instead if those Amazon reviews…

• @McD said:

@legsmechanical said:

@HotStrange said:

@McD said:

Is it still holding up well for you? Definitely seems like the only game in town for under $100.

• edited May 2023

@Pxlhg said:

@McD said:

@Pxlhg said:

@hes said:

@mojozart said:

@hes said:

@mojozart said:

I have a Korg microkey air that can be used with a cable or Bluetooth. When used with a cable, it is powered by the iPad, and battery powered when using Bluetooth.