Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Koala problem.

Hello folks. Having. Weird issue. I make music in Koala with the intention of exporting as an Ableton ALS file, then finishing the track in ableton.

Problem is, when I export and then airdrop, the samples are all missing. Just an empty ALS file that I put into ableton, but zero samples and a message telling me the samples are missing [message within ableton].

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here? I use the ‘export as stems’ option in Koala.

Comments

• I just tried. Same.

Even if you save the export locally, the samples are empty.

• @wim said:
    I just tried. Same.

Even if you save the export locally, the samples are empty.

Yeah it's very frustrating. I tweeted @elf_audio hopefull he can give advice. I write ALL my ideas on koala before going to ableton. Would hate to lose all of that.

• I've asked if it's a bug over on on the Discord channel.

• Is this still a problem? Tried to export an ableton file and it still doesn't work. Real downer for me as this was how I wrote my music, koala into ableton. Any way around this @elf_audio ? In the samples folder I simply have a file called "imported" but no samples.

• A week or two ago, the dev said the bug would be solved in the next update.

• @espiegel123 said:
    A week or two ago, the dev said the bug would be solved in the next update.

That's good to know, thanks for the reply

• Does anyone know if this is still an issue? Don't want to build a track to then find it cant work?

• No problems here.

• If it helps, in the short term as a workaround you could use IDAM to record from Koala on iOS into Ableton as audio, with its input set to iPad, then a MIDI track with the MIDI out sent to the iPad>Koala if you are using a MIDI controller to control it, then you could also record that MIDI to a MIDI clip in Live