Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mirror iPad screen to iPhone

I’m using Loopy Pro in my live setup, and since we are two band members who start and stop loops (from midi pedals), it would be great if I somehow could stream/mirror what’s going on on the iPad to my band member’s iPhone, so he doesn’t have to stroll across the stage to check if he’s uncertain about something.
Is this a feature that is available on iOS or via an app?
I still need to be able to see and control the iPads screen, so I guess AirPlay is a no-go, right?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited February 2023

You will have WiFi available in your live setup? :#

• @wim said:

Perhaps, but I would hate to rely on it. Would it work with Wi-Fi? I’ve tried at home, but my phone and iPad don’t seem to recognize each other when I try to use AirPlay…?

• @galmandsværk said:

@wim said:

Perhaps, but I would hate to rely on it. Would it work with Wi-Fi? I’ve tried at home, but my phone and iPad don’t seem to recognize each other when I try to use AirPlay…?

I haven't been able to get them to see each other either. Could be my devices aren't new enough to support it.

• @galmandsværk said:

@wim said:

If you were hoping to avoid relying on WiFi, how were you thinking of sharing between the devices?

• edited February 2023

Double post

• edited February 2023

Thanks for all the suggestions and thorough explanations, Wim and Jason
    I really have no understanding of how these things work, just thought it would be cool if I could somehow stream/mirror the screen of the iPad to my band mate so he could keep track of what I and he were controlling in Loopy Pro.
    Maybe I should just simplify my setup or move him closer to me on stage 😊

• edited February 2023

• Hi, found this: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/apowermirror-mirror-reflect/id1244625890

Found a video on YT. Don‘t know if it also works for iPad -> iPhone. It also seems to be subscriptionware.

• I think mirroring is all that the OP is after.

I thought about suggesting VNC or even Zoom screen sharing, but no way that's a solution for a live situation. You wouldn't want to rely on WiFi at a gig and internet access for something like Zoom or TeamViewer is out of the question. VNC over wired Ethernet might work, but adding hubs, power supplies, cables for this? Surely not worth it.

The other thought I had was to have Loopy Pro on the iPad communicating to the iPhone via Bluetooth MIDI to update a status display in either TouchOSC or Loopy. Too complicated. Too prone to disaster live.

I think it's a non-starter personally.

• @wim said:
    I think mirroring is all that the OP is after.

I thought about suggesting VNC or even Zoom screen sharing, but no way that's a solution for a live situation. You wouldn't want to rely on WiFi at a gig and internet access for something like Zoom or TeamViewer is out of the question. VNC over wired Ethernet might work, but adding hubs, power supplies, cables for this? Surely not worth it.

The other thought I had was to have Loopy Pro on the iPad communicating to the iPhone via Bluetooth MIDI to update a status display in either TouchOSC or Loopy. Too complicated. Too prone to disaster live.

I think it's a non-starter personally.

Thanks, all, for chipping in. I agree, @wim , it all sounds too complicated and not least, too risky for a live situation.

• Pls do ask for it. Loopy expanding on a second device is something Michael has planned from the beginning, but he is convinced that it is something not too many want, so he put it on the bottom of the priority list. Even if in the roadmap has been voted quite a lot.
    Maybe more people asking for it will convince him to work on it sooner