Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 in Audiobus

I’ve noticed that I usually cannot use Cubasis 3 in Audiobus. I can click on Cubasis 3, but it keeps saying that Audiobus cannot communicate. I have given Cubasis and Audiobus local network permissions as suggested in the error. Has anyone found a way to get these two to consistently get along?

Comments

• I've been using NS2 recently but after the latest update I had dabble with CB3. I found that a number of shortcut keys don't seem to be working. I used an Apple magic keyboard 2 and the space bar/up and down side to side keys don't seem to do anything. I tried another non-Apple keyboard and that didn't work either. Is there some bug in CB3?

• @Wyvern said:
    I've been using NS2 recently but after the latest update I had dabble with CB3. I found that a number of shortcut keys don't seem to be working. I used an Apple magic keyboard 2 and the space bar/up and down side to side keys don't seem to do anything. I tried another non-Apple keyboard and that didn't work either. Is there some bug in CB3?

Space bar= play pause for me in Cubasis 3.5.1 , up down arrows = select track up /track down basically all the keyboard shortcuts seem to be working didn't try every single one but enough to assume they work as well.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@Wyvern said:
    I've been using NS2 recently but after the latest update I had dabble with CB3. I found that a number of shortcut keys don't seem to be working. I used an Apple magic keyboard 2 and the space bar/up and down side to side keys don't seem to do anything. I tried another non-Apple keyboard and that didn't work either. Is there some bug in CB3?

Space bar= play pause for me in Cubasis 3.5.1 , up down arrows = select track up /track down basically all the keyboard shortcuts seem to be working didn't try every single one but enough to assume they work as well.

Thanks, I'll take another look.

• Are you trying to load Cubasis as an input or output?
    What specifically are you attempting?
    Maybe you don’t need to use Audiobus, since Cubasis is a host and can do a lot on its own.

Also, what device and os version, are apps up to date, etc. ?

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@Wyvern said:

It's odd, works on an iPhone but not an iPad.

• @Wyvern said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@Wyvern said:

It's odd, works on an iPhone but not an iPad.

Sorted it. Settings. Accessibility, turn off full keyboard access 😀

• @CracklePot said:
    Are you trying to load Cubasis as an input or output?
    What specifically are you attempting?
    Maybe you don’t need to use Audiobus, since Cubasis is a host and can do a lot on its own.

Also, what device and os version, are apps up to date, etc. ?

I was trying to use Audiobus to send audio output from Cubasis into Ableton on my laptop. I’ve been able to send audio from other apps via Audiobus so I know the general method works, but the hang up is getting Audiobus and Cubasis to talk.

• Apps and OS on both systems are up to date as well.

• Try opening both apps on their own, then load Cubasis into Audiobus.
    This works better for IAA apps, rather than launching them from within the host. Launch the IAA outside the host, then try to load it in the host.

• @CracklePot I think that worked! Thank you.