Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Portatron lovers thread

2»

Comments

• @roboticbean said:
    Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! :smile:

I did actually create an iOS build target in the Portatron project a couple of weeks ago. As I expected it failed to run, because there are quite a few things I have to fix in order to make it run on iOS. For one thing, all the GUI assets (i e graphics files) are loaded from an external file in the plugin, and since iOS is very restrictive with file access I have to figure out a way to include this file in the app bundle instead. And then there is of course the matter of loading the sample files into Portatron. :smirk:

I'd rather not manage the iOS version as a separate project since I want it to be easy to keep new features in sync, and patch compatibility (if at all possible), so I'm starting by adapting some stuff in the plugin version that I know might be a problem in iOS later on -- And that in some cases already shave tarted to become problems in for example GarageBand which seems to be getting more and more restrictive.

Did you all catch the 1.2 update we released the other day, by the way? We added some important bug fixes + ability to change the plugin window size that many customers have asked for.
    At the moment we're working on some new features for the next update...

To be continued :smiley:

Plugin update just installed on my Mac now, thanks @roboticbean!

• Oo I need to check the update, thanks @roboticbean !

• edited March 2023

Great @roboticbean, keep us updated, please.

• @Synthi said:
    Thanks for the update @roboticbean !

+1

• I LOVE portatron and would love to see this on the iPad.

For a portatron fix on the iPad you can easily setup something in AUM with either Gauss or loopy pro. Loopy pro will give you the same functionality to trim samples whereas gauss won’t but I feel gauss has a better tape pitch emulation than LP. Use it together with some hardware faders and you’ve got something similar and tactile.

• Hi everyone, just a heads up that we released yet another Portatron update earlier today, version 1.3.

Each track now has a pitch setting that can be changed in two different ways: Either using SEMI/CENT controls, or by dragging "repitch handles" on the audio clips that makes each clip shorter or longer by pitching them up or down -- A quick and easy way to match beats with each other!

• @roboticbean said:
    Hi everyone, just a heads up that we released yet another Portatron update earlier today, version 1.3.

Each track now has a pitch setting that can be changed in two different ways: Either using SEMI/CENT controls, or by dragging "repitch handles" on the audio clips that makes each clip shorter or longer by pitching them up or down -- A quick and easy way to match beats with each other!

amazing! thank you!

• Nice update. Just saw the email earlier today.

• Yeah I’ll definitely be updating this later to try the per track pitching out, great stuff 🙌

• Deal (46% off) on Portatron at Plugin Boutique

• @Thelast27 said:
    I LOVE portatron and would love to see this on the iPad.

For a portatron fix on the iPad you can easily setup something in AUM with either Gauss or loopy pro. Loopy pro will give you the same functionality to trim samples whereas gauss won’t but I feel gauss has a better tape pitch emulation than LP. Use it together with some hardware faders and you’ve got something similar and tactile.

There’s also SK-51. It doesn’t have the same in depth features as this but running that app into Gauss could be fun. I need to try that now

• edited August 2023

If I want background noise, flutter and inconsistencies in my recordings, I'll just take my old 4-track Tascam Portastudio out of its box. I do not want all of that garbage in my recordings these days. LOL.

• @NeuM said:
    If I want background noise, flutter and inconsistencies in my recordings, I'll just take my old 4-track Tascam Portastudio out of its box. I do not want all of that garbage in my recordings these days. LOL.

Lol I know you’re not a fan of the new-ish trend of bringing noise BACK IN but I love it 😂

• edited September 2023

New 'Portapcks' expansion packs now available for Portatron - 25% off till the end of September...

https://roboticbean.com/format/portapack/