Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Somewhere Nicer, a lament of despair

edited February 2023 in Creations

A cathartic (?) song for those days where you wake up and look at your own life or the news from the world and feel nothing but despair and helplessness. Some days are better than others but as long as there’s life…
Made on an iPad
Lyrics in the spoiler

Take me
Somewhere nicer,
Some place brighter,
Where we could feel at ease,
Just doing what we please
Without hurting each other.
And make it warmer...

What a mess we made...
Look at the fading days,
Look at the babies' eyes
We poison with our lies.
Does someone know the answer ?
And take us some place higher !

Comments

• Wow! Verrry thom yorke! No offense!

• Very nicier!

• I am so happy to see more work from your fertile imagination.
    The variety of your work is one of the most impressive attributes.

With this one you're working in a very delicate range of expression... very vulnerable but tinged with hope.

• edited February 2023

Frailty/effective, a thing on the verge of breaking. I love the soundscape, and the impressive vocal range demonstrated .

• The vocals can definitely transport you to a very nice place, and I am floating in this wonderful creation.
    A very original and truly hip musical scape!!!
    Lovely, simply lovely vocals!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rene

• @sevenape said:
    Wow! Verrry thom yorke! No offense!

No offense taken ! Some people dislike or even hate him but I personally love his work ! So I take this as a great compliment.

• Definitely very Thom Yorke. You are EXTREMELY talented JF! Love it my friend

• This pic also really suits it!

• @JanKun said:

@sevenape said:

No offense taken ! Some people dislike or even hate him but I personally love his work ! So I take this as a great compliment.

Me too! And it was definitely meant as a compliment!

• Another beautiful, emotion filled performance. You've matched the mood of your lyrics perfectly with your vocals.

• @id_23 said:
    Very nicier!

So very thanksier!

• Rhapsode…

In ancient Greece, a rhapsody was a selection of epic poetry sung by a rhapsode or rhapsodist—literally a 'stitcher' who combined memorized passages with his own improvisations, although this kind of minstrel was later required chiefly to recite Homer's Iliad and Odyssey in their established versions.

• This is really a beautiful piece of work.
    I understand the Thom Yorke references but I’m reminded of Sigur Ros at times.
    Love them both so it’s a huge thumbs up from me.
    Ultimately this is all you though.

• Beautifully overwhelming.. a longing for..
    Painful.. mournful.. yet.. uplifting.. hopeful..

That’s one of the best performances I’ve heard in a long while.. your vocals are outstanding..
    absolutely potent.. out of despair this rises.. this is what music is all about.. to touch people..

Can’t stop listening to it..

• @McD said:
    I am so happy to see more work from your fertile imagination.
    The variety of your work is one of the most impressive attributes.

With this one you're working in a very delicate range of expression... very vulnerable but tinged with hope.

Thank you, @McD for the kind words. Glad you were able to see the glimpse of hope. It is definitely there, hidden.

• edited February 2023

Wow, I love this picture. Which AI did you use? I used Dall-E 2 for the artwork on SoundCloud...
    Curious to know the prompt you used for this one. I am considering an official release for this track on streaming services and this could be perfect for the artwork.

• @JanKun said:
    Wow, I love this picture. Which AI did you use? I used Dall-E 2 for the artwork on SoundCloud...
    Curious to know the prompt you used for this one. I am considering an official release for this track on streaming services and this could be perfect for the artwork.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it and you're welcome to use it wherever. I used Dall-E for this and the prompt was "An old fashioned microphone stand on the edge of the Grand Canyon, dramatic lighting". I was trying to get it to show one of those old radio era mics but I gave up; didn't want to use up my credits. I usually end up doing some touch ups in photoshop.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Frailty/effective, a thing on the verge of breaking. I love the soundscape, and the impressive vocal range demonstrated .

"a thing on the verge of breaking" describes very well the overall feeling. Thank you for the kind words!

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    The vocals can definitely transport you to a very nice place, and I am floating in this wonderful creation.
    A very original and truly hip musical scape!!!
    Lovely, simply lovely vocals!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rene

Hi, Rene !
    You are the tireless ray of sunshine of this forum. Thank you for being so supportive to all creators here !
    May nothing but happiness comes through your door.

• @Gavinski said:
    Definitely very Thom Yorke. You are EXTREMELY talented JF! Love it my friend

Thanks for chiming in and for the kind words, Gavin! I can't deny my love for Thom Yorke's work. At some point, any musician or creator has to fully assume their artistic influences and aesthetics and play with them. Despite some obvious similarities, my only hope is that some listeners will perceive something honest and unique and not just a bland ersatz...

• @JanKun said:
    A cathartic (?) song for those days where you wake up and look at your own life or the news from the world and feel nothing but despair and helplessness. Some days are better than others but as long as there’s life…
    Made on an iPad
    Lyrics in the spoiler

Take me
    Somewhere nicer,
    Some place brighter,
    And make it warmer...

What a mess we made...
    Look at the fading days,
    Look at the babies' eyes
    We poison with our lies.

What can I say that hasn't been already said?????
    This is an exceptional performance, I LOVE it I LOVE it I LOVE it !!!!!!! And I love you too!
    Everything is just simply perfect: your voice is amazing, the music is extraordinary, I lack superlatives here.
    One major complaint though: IT IS EFFING TOO SHORT!!!!

• @sevenape said:

@JanKun said:

@sevenape said:

Me too! And it was definitely meant as a compliment!

🙏

• @MadeofWax said:
    Another beautiful, emotion filled performance. You've matched the mood of your lyrics perfectly with your vocals.

Thank you for the kind words! I had the music completed one year ago but lyrics with vocals melody came to me in a flash and were recorded straight away. I took about an hour from writing to recording. The immediacy of the process might explain why lyrics mood and vocals interpretation are matching.

• amazing song, thank you

• @LinearLineman said:
    Rhapsode…

In ancient Greece, a rhapsody was a selection of epic poetry sung by a rhapsode or rhapsodist—literally a 'stitcher' who combined memorized passages with his own improvisations, although this kind of minstrel was later required chiefly to recite Homer's Iliad and Odyssey in their established versions.

Thank you for listening Mike! More on Iliad and Odyssey coming soon!

• @Ben said:
    This is really a beautiful piece of work.
    I understand the Thom Yorke references but I’m reminded of Sigur Ros at times.
    Love them both so it’s a huge thumbs up from me.
    Ultimately this is all you though.

Thank you for listening and for the kind words ! Really love Sigur Ros too, so I take this as a great compliment! !

• @royor said:
    Beautifully overwhelming.. a longing for..
    Painful.. mournful.. yet.. uplifting.. hopeful..

That’s one of the best performances I’ve heard in a long while.. your vocals are outstanding..
    absolutely potent.. out of despair this rises.. this is what music is all about.. to touch people..

Can’t stop listening to it..

Thank you for all the kind comments! Glad you enjoyed the track !

• @jo92346 said:

@JanKun said:
    Made on an iPad
    Lyrics in the spoiler

Take me
    Somewhere nicer,
    Some place brighter,
    And make it warmer...

What a mess we made...
    Look at the fading days,
    Look at the babies' eyes
    We poison with our lies.

What can I say that hasn't been already said?????
    This is an exceptional performance, I LOVE it I LOVE it I LOVE it !!!!!!! And I love you too!
    Everything is just simply perfect: your voice is amazing, the music is extraordinary, I lack superlatives here.
    One major complaint though: IT IS EFFING TOO SHORT!!!!

Thank you for listening, Joseph! Such a lot of praises in your comment, don't know what to say... I indeed kept it short, because this is not the kind of feeling you want to get stuck with for too long... I love you too ! Thanks again !

• @FedorTkachev said:
    amazing song, thank you

Thank you!