Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - February 2023

2»

Comments

• @GeoTony thanks for listening!

• @GeoTony said:
    I rarely remember to dip into these posts but whenever I do I’m always impressed by the quality of the creations… great work @richardyot , @BillS and @martinsa82 👍

Thanks for taking the time to listen! You should consider posting some of your creations here :)

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

King for a day if you just believed
    Kill for a say you feel so relieved
    You’re lonely so lonely
    You are such a phoney

You left me, in between
    All of the dreams that you’ve never seen
    And if you try to reach out
    All you feel is your doubt

Cling to the hope that the end is near
    Ring out the doubt just to end the fear
    And slowly so slowly
    If you listen closely

You will see, in your dreams
    All of the hope that you’ve never seen
    And if you try to reach out
    You will be in no doubt

Love this dreamy style. I find your material reminiscent of Bowery Electric and Tor Lundvall. Cool stuff.

• @wired2moon said:
    Love this dreamy style. I find your material reminiscent of Bowery Electric and Tor Lundvall. Cool stuff.

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment. Neither of those artists are on my radar, so thanks for the recommendations. I'll go and check them out!

I know there has been a shoegaze renaissance of late, but not that many artists have caught my ear. I'm partial to Lanterns On The Lake, Sleepy Gonzales, and the Slowdive reunion album (which is amazing), so I'm always on the lookout for new artists to check out.

• Amazing guitar sound in this one:

• As for Tor Lundvall, great recommendation. I wish I could sing like that. I'll definitely need to dive deeper into both of these artists.

• @richardyot said:
    Amazing guitar sound in this one:

Some great vibes on their earlier stuff too

• @richardyot
    Maybe it’s my imagination, but I’m picking up some Everly Brothers vibes from your singing. It could just be the reverb you’ve set up that reflects back an Everly-Brothers-type harmonic blend. Whatever it is, it’s way cool!

@BillS
    Whoa, I didn’t expect that glorious hard-rocking guitar to open things up, right from the start. It’s a great complement to the more traditional sections of the song. Love how the song keeps surprising us instrumentally, while keeping a firm foundation with its narrative and message.

@martinsa82
    Calmly driving ever forward. Love the cumulative effect of the musical elements as the song progresses. Nicely opens up around the 2:00 mark. Feels like a lively, ongoing aural conversation between repetitive circular motions and progressive forward-pointing motions.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    This is a music track that I improvised on two MIDI keyboards connected to an iPad.

I used Bome Network software to send the iPad's MIDI notes to Bitwig Studio running on a desktop PC. There the MIDI was routed to Nucleus for the clarinet, as well as to Omnisphere and Repro-5 for the background instruments.

After bringing the audio recording into Vegas Pro, I applied the Lurssen Mastering Console plug-in to the audio mix.

It's titled Together.

its a nice floating soundscape! great deep sounds and work on the mix

• @BillS said:
    My entry this month is a song called To Find His Home. This is a track taken from my concept album Predetermined. Musically I think it ‘stands alone’ OK but the lyrics are part of a wider story. It starts off pretty heavy, but if that’s not your thing give it a minute as it morphs into something altogether different. As well as the obvious guitars, I used GeoShred for violin parts.

The link to the album is here if anyone’s interested: https://billsaunders.hearnow.com/

To Find His Home:

thats a trip in music, just like in the 70s prog rock (i like bands like van der graaf generator, jethro tull, gentle giant, dont know if you have listened to it alot but I can sense some influences maybe :)

the heavy guitar riffs is cool and breaks of in a nice way, it holds together really well as a whole, great!, I wish I could play some guitar and make some music in this style !

• @DavidEnglish @martinsa82 thank you both for listening and the encouragement. And yes, I have listened to prog rock for decades and to those very bands you mention. Cheers!