Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flute improv with Fluss-based drone backing track

Drone was a playing sample of the low note of the flute, pitched down with ToneStack, imported into Fluss, then "played" with the controls in Fluss. Then a few reverbs in Cubasis when adding the flute on top

Comments

• Opened this thread when you dropped it. But only now managed to listen
    Awesome stuff, mate. :heart:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Opened this thread when you dropped it. But only now managed to listen
    Awesome stuff, mate. :heart:

Thanks! There will be more to come with this flute - although I can't promise it will all have an electronic element.

• Love the flute, and I love the drone. I look forward to hearing more!

• That improv sounds lovely!

• Love that flute. Basically a bamboo recorder?

• @andowrites said:
    Love the flute, and I love the drone. I look forward to hearing more!

Subscribe to the channel to be sure to catch them all. If there's a significant iPad component, I'll post here.

@jo92346 said:
    That improv sounds lovely!

Thanks!

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Love that flute. Basically a bamboo recorder?

No, it's olive wood carved to resemble bamboo. The closest traditional flute is a Chinese flute called the xiao (pronounced "show" as in "shower"), but this has more of a recorder or whistle style head so it is easier to play.

• Here's another one with this flute. Just a bit of Eventide Ultratap and ShimmerVerb added

• Spent some time wondering when Ms Olive Fipple Xiao was going to appear… Doh!

Your control on the flute is impressive, and it has a very distinctive, oriental sound, thank you! Might you consider making a Koala sample pack of this… ?

• lovely, thanks for sharing.

• Oh this is Really really Great! Thanks

I’ve been looking for a flute with a sound and texture like this. I play sax but it is too loud in my apartment 😱

Could you maybe describe how and where to get a flute like this?

Thank you

• ^ edit

Well…I’ve just discovered your YouTube channel. Maybe I’ll find the info there👍

• @Svetlovska said:
    Might you consider making a Koala sample pack of this… ?

I don't have Koala, but I might could. I've done "quick and dirty" samples in ThumbJam before. I suppose it should be a set of long, held notes?

@128BPM said:
    Could you maybe describe how and where to get a flute like this?

This particular flute is a custom/hybrid from a Norwegian maker named Berthold Hinrichs. He does not have a web site but can be found on Facebook.

You might also want to consider a Native American style flute. A "low D" NAF would get you a similar sound. Not quite as versatile as this one, but possibly easier to come by.

• @jimhanks : well, it could be anything, but an octave of long held notes, recorded without fx, together with whatever slurs, rapid tonguing and non-musical effect noises, breaths etc -anything, really - would all be grist to the mill…

• Another nice one! The Russians rounded up workers at a confectionary factory yesterday to send to fight in Ukraine. In my mind I was visualizing them frog-marching Oompa Loompas with their hands cuffed behind their backs into a police van.

• Very nice, great to hear ‘real’ instruments 👌