Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Marketing Music/Selling Beats/Getting Airplay in 2023?

Hi Everyone,

So, I'm wondering a few things. Maybe they've been covered in other topics already, and if so, I do apologise. However, I'm interested in two things.

One - How do I go about starting to market my music and production talents online? More specifically, I'd love to get my original music some airplay, attention and range.

Two - How do I go about selling beats online? I'm looking for getting beats in front of other producers, and/or selling my beats to sound libraries online for Youtubers to consider using.

Three - How do I get my music in front of record label execs? (Not looking for major labels at this time but rather smaller and up-and-coming labels.)

Are there any pitfalls to look out for while doing all of this? I do love sharing my music here with you all, but I'm looking to start advancing my career. Any advice you may have would be more than welcome! :) Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• I have heard a lot of good advice on Producer Grind podcast regarding the beats market etc

• @AudioGus said:
    I have heard a lot of good advice on Producer Grind podcast regarding the beats market etc

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll dive into that one. :)

• Probably having a good social media presence helps with marketing - tiktok etc. Might need some clever video, preferably with a pretty girl dancing, in order to go viral though 😂

• This forum has a fantastic range of talented individuals, but if there's one thing we're short of here it's nubile dancing girls lol.

I got approached by a couple of music youtube channels (not bots) who wanted to offer me a paid promotion (i pay, they promote) on their channels. If there are channels that you sub to that are a good fit for whatever you want to promote then no harm in emailing them. Knock on as many doors as you can.

• @alexiv said:
    That definitely make sense to higher a professional

Yeah I still haven't really broken past any barriers, lol. Then again, I need to get a fire lit under my bum to pursue selling beats, lol. But hiring a professional is a valid option. Thanks mate. :)

• I have a HomePod Mini so I get AirPlay anytime I want 😎

• @animalelder said:
    I have a HomePod Mini so I get AirPlay anytime I want 😎

😂

• A few tips for those who might need them.

1. Starting out, engage with your online audience via your social media platforms; share your creative process, beats, or small gigs to showcase your talents.
    2. For selling beats online, platforms like BeatStars or Airbit are good starting points. Be active, network with the community, and keep a consistent upload schedule.
    3. To attract record label execs, a well-curated portfolio shared through SoundCloud, Bandcamp, or even your own website could help. Also, consider networking on industry domains like A&R Worldwide.
  • @tanjaree said:
    A few tips for those who might need them.

1. Starting out, engage with your online audience via your social media platforms; share your creative process, beats, or small gigs to showcase your talents.
    2. For selling beats online, platforms like BeatStars or Airbit are good starting points. Be active, network with the community, and keep a consistent upload schedule.
    3. To attract record label execs, a well-curated portfolio shared through SoundCloud, Bandcamp, or even your own website could help. Also, consider networking on industry domains like A&R Worldwide.

Pretty sure this was a legit account that got taken over by a bot or spammer. Always seems to be shilling external links or websites. If you look at early posts this person was not a native speaker, now posts are in flawless English. Super suss and seems to be coordinating replies with other fake accounts. Look at the content of the post history and compare with old posts

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Two - How do I go about selling beats online? I'm looking for getting beats in front of other producers, and/or selling my beats to sound libraries online for Youtubers to consider using.

Get on Fiverr.

• edited November 2023

The only proper advice I can share on this that I don’t hear mentioned nearly enough is ; first off really try to understand your underlying motivations of wanting to reach these goals. If you have a clear image of your deeper intentions and goals, you will be much better equipped at finding the path that is in line with your mission.

• @BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

BandLab has some potential for this as well.

• @Crano said:
    The only proper advice I can share on this that I don’t hear mentioned nearly enough is ; first off really try to understand your underlying motivations of wanting to reach these goals. If you have a clear image of your deeper intentions and goals, you will be much better equipped at finding the path that is in line with your mission.

That makes perfect sense. To have a clear path laid out in front as well as plans B and C. :) Thanks mate.

• @HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

I'll look into that, thanks. :)

• edited November 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

No prob! I think it’s a website they’re affiliated with but they allow you to link the account and sale your beats on the site on your BandLab page. I’m looking into joining BandLab because it’s basically the same price as a sub to another publishing service but you get way more through them it seems. And the free app alone is just bonkers with that they give away.

There’s a huge tiktok song right now with like 800 million Spotify streams that was made entirely in BandLab with Apple headphones as the mic and vocals recorded in a closet. Cool stuff. I love stories like that. So inspiring.

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

No prob! I think it’s a website they’re affiliated with but they allow you to link the account and sale your beats on the site on your BandLab page. I’m looking into joining BandLab because it’s basically the same price as a sub to another publishing service but you get way more through them it seems. And the free app alone is just bonkers with that they give away.

There’s a huge tiktok song right now with like 800 million Spotify streams that was made entirely in BandLab with Apple headphones as the mic and vocals recorded in a closet. Cool stuff. I love stories like that. So inspiring.

Dude that's far out! Yeah, definitely checking into Bandlab right now.

• edited November 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

Heck yeah! Even with no sub I think it’s worth messing around with. Once you start digging in you just find more and more features. And it has free AI mastering that’s actually very decent. A friend of mine released an EP that was mastered with their algorithms.

Btw that artist is D4vd.

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

Heck yeah! Even with no sub I think it’s worth messing around with. Once you start digging in you just find more and more features. And it has free AI mastering that’s actually very decent. A friend of mine released an EP that was mastered with their algorithms.

Btw that artist is D4vd.

I saw that Audio Stretch app is being deprecated but the features are built in to bandlab? Are those also available for free, because if so that's excellent, as audio stretch time stretching algo quality is soooo much better than in most other apps (I love sEGments for example but the timestretched sound quality is extemely poor in comparison to audiostetch)

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

Btw that artist is D4vd.

I saw that Audio Stretch app is being deprecated but the features are built in to bandlab? Are those also available for free, because if so that's excellent, as audio stretch time stretching algo quality is soooo much better than in most other apps (I love sEGments for example but the timestretched sound quality is extemely poor in comparison to audiostetch)

I’m almost positive it is. Lemme check.

Yep. It’s highlighted with a “new” tag next to it. Completely free. Just used it quickly and it sounds pretty good. I’ll have to dive in more but it’s really crazy what you get for free. If they add AU hosting it’ll be over with lol. It may be the only app that could even potentially steal more time from AUM just because of everything else it does and for what it’s trying to do for the community. It’s almost like if early Bandcamp also had a DAW lol

• edited December 2023

Do record label execs still exist? LOL.

Play live. Offer to play for free and you'll get more offers (obviously). Exposure is what matters if you're trying to build an audience. If you don't like playing live, look for outlets where you can license your music... although to be honest, I think most of these outlets are going to go under since it's now possible to craft songs/music of nearly any style and any length with generative music algorithms.

When you start to gain an audience, make sure they can find you online to follow you for new music, new performances or for merchandise.

Until you have that all important audience/customer base you need to be willing to do just about anything to get attention for yourself. :)

• @AlexForsyth @NeuM Thank you both so much! Added your advice as one of my 2024 resolutions. I mean if I could make my dream of owning an OP-1 Field come to fruition (which was one of my 2023 resolutions), I can do anything really. :mrgreen:

@NeuM "you need to be willing to do just about anything to get attention for yourself" The only thing I won't do is make an Onlyfans page. God knows nobody wants to be traumatised by that. 🤣

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @AlexForsyth @NeuM Thank you both so much! Added your advice as one of my 2024 resolutions. I mean if I could make my dream of owning an OP-1 Field come to fruition (which was one of my 2023 resolutions), I can do anything really. :mrgreen:

@NeuM "you need to be willing to do just about anything to get attention for yourself" The only thing I won't do is make an Onlyfans page. God knows nobody wants to be traumatised by that. 🤣

Ha!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @AlexForsyth @NeuM Thank you both so much! Added your advice as one of my 2024 resolutions. I mean if I could make my dream of owning an OP-1 Field come to fruition (which was one of my 2023 resolutions), I can do anything really. :mrgreen:

I say that but if I could guaranteed make a living I’d make an OF account like yesterday 🤣

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

I just checked out Bandlab, it’s interesting but I’m not quite getting it.

it’s basically the same price as a sub to another publishing service but you get way more through them it seems

Bandlab membership is 14,95$ a month, Distrokid is 19,99$ per year…
    I’d love to know what extras they bring and if it’s worth it, as for distribution alone I don’t think it makes much sense.

• @tahiche said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

it’s basically the same price as a sub to another publishing service but you get way more through them it seems

I’d love to know what extras they bring and if it’s worth it, as for distribution alone I don’t think it makes much sense.

Not sure what exactly it adds. I know they (apparently) promote your music on the app and the social media tie in app but idk what that entails exactly. I love the app itself and the amount you get for free is really generous. Their AI mastering tool is good as well.

For music distribution it wouldn’t be my first choice.

• @HotStrange said:

@tahiche said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

Not sure what exactly it adds. I know they (apparently) promote your music on the app and the social media tie in app but idk what that entails exactly. I love the app itself and the amount you get for free is really generous. Their AI mastering tool is good as well.

So is it more like SoundCloud or Bandcamp?.

• @tahiche said:

@HotStrange said:

@tahiche said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@BroCoast said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Get on Fiverr.

So is it more like SoundCloud or Bandcamp?.

I think so yes. But like a mixture of those and Twitter. Anything you make in BandLab (I think) can be uploaded into that social media part and the paid version promotes it more. I think it’s basically like buying extra promotion on Facebook or Instagram. I’m not 100% sure though but that’s what I gathered from it.

• It’s all luck in the end no matter what you do.

• edited January 18

@AlexForsyth said:
    If you're looking to catch the attention of record label executives, start by researching smaller, up-and-coming labels that align with your musical style. Attend music industry events and network with professionals in the field. While sending demo submissions, be patient; breaking into the industry can take time.
    Lastly, be cautious of potential pitfalls. There are scams out there, so be wary of anyone promising instant success for a hefty fee. Always protect your work and approach contracts with care.
    If you're open to trying different online strategies, you might want to explore ctr manipulation on crowdlinks store. It could complement your music journey nicely.

Building a successful music career takes dedication and strategic networking. Researching smaller labels aligned with your style is a great start. Network at industry events, send demos, and remember, patience is key. Be cautious of scams, protect your work, and approach contracts carefully. Exploring online strategies, like CTR manipulation on crowdlinks store, could add a valuable dimension to your music journey. Best of luck!

• @Cfyz said:

@AlexForsyth said:
    If you're looking to catch the attention of record label executives, start by researching smaller, up-and-coming labels that align with your musical style. Attend music industry events and network with professionals in the field. While sending demo submissions, be patient; breaking into the industry can take time.
    Lastly, be cautious of potential pitfalls. There are scams out there, so be wary of anyone promising instant success for a hefty fee. Always protect your work and approach contracts with care.
    If you're open to trying different online strategies, you might want to explore ctr manipulation on crowdlinks store. It could complement your music journey nicely.

Building a successful music career takes dedication and strategic networking. Researching smaller labels aligned with your style is a great start. Network at industry events, send demos, and remember, patience is key. Be cautious of scams, protect your work, and approach contracts carefully. Exploring online strategies, like CTR manipulation on crowdlinks store, could add a valuable dimension to your music journey. Best of luck!

This reeks of bot adverts.