Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Big Fat Blues Jam

I doubt if anyone will ever mistake this for traditional Chicago Blues, but it does follow a 1-4-5 pattern... sort of. It has some bluesy-sounding electric guitar and sax riffs, and a big bottom end, hence the title. Have a nice weekend!

Comments

• Great sounds in this. This has a fun groove to it and I really like the change at about a minute in. Cool stuff Paul!

• This is cool. Is that you playing lead guitar or it is a sample (I think there are some guitar samples in there also) ? Love that huge clap sound.

• @MadeofWax said:
    Great sounds in this. This has a fun groove to it and I really like the change at about a minute in. Cool stuff Paul!

Thanks, Mac! I was trying to think of something different and I realized I hadn't done a blues tune. It's not really blues, but it was fun. Thanks for listening.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    This is cool. Is that you playing lead guitar or it is a sample (I think there are some guitar samples in there also) ? Love that huge clap sound.

Maybe 20 years ago that would have been me, but I stopped playing in 2004. I had played in bands for most of my life, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything now. All of the solo bits are samples. I like to use Geoshred and Thumbjam when I do my own parts. For this one I used the solo parts from a couple of the Session Band apps. They have thousands of single measure riffs in various keys. I record a bunch, cut them up, then rearrange them into something resembling a solo.I doesn't always work, but this one turned out OK, I think. At one time I would have considered this to be cheating. At this point in my life I will use anything that is available to me. I think of it as hiring some session guys for a few bucks. Have a great day!

• @Paulieworld said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    This is cool. Is that you playing lead guitar or it is a sample (I think there are some guitar samples in there also) ? Love that huge clap sound.

Maybe 20 years ago that would have been me, but I stopped playing in 2004. I had played in bands for most of my life, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything now. All of the solo bits are samples. I like to use Geoshred and Thumbjam when I do my own parts. For this one I used the solo parts from a couple of the Session Band apps. They have thousands of single measure riffs in various keys. I record a bunch, cut them up, then rearrange them into something resembling a solo.I doesn't always work, but this one turned out OK, I think. At one time I would have considered this to be cheating. At this point in my life I will use anything that is available to me. I think of it as hiring some session guys for a few bucks. Have a great day!

I can go with that @Paulieworld ! Thanks for the info!

• Enjoyed this one, any chance of a version without the leads so I can try ruining it with some of my attempts πŸ€”

• @GeoTony said:
    Enjoyed this one, any chance of a version without the leads so I can try ruining it with some of my attempts πŸ€”

I would totally love to hear that! Give me a few days and I will message you.

• @GeoTony said:
    Enjoyed this one, any chance of a version without the leads so I can try ruining it with some of my attempts πŸ€”

Hi Tony,
    I created a version without any solo parts. It’s on my Bandcamp page as MBFBJ. Just google Paulieworld Bandcamp. It’s available for free download. I’m looking forward to hearing your take on this!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I doubt if anyone will ever mistake this for traditional Chicago Blues, but it does follow a 1-4-5 pattern... sort of. It has some bluesy-sounding electric guitar and sax riffs, and a big bottom end, hence the title. Have a nice weekend!

++++++++++++++++++++
    Chicago or New Orleans, this one is simply exquisite music!!!
    Love the electric guitar riffs, truly the blues!!!
    And the sax, is always a welcome addition to the guitar.
    Beautiful melodies and very nice beat!!!
    I am enjoying this track tremendously!
    Love this recording, @Paulieworld !
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Thanks @Paulieworld , I’ll give it a whirl πŸ‘

• @GeoTony said:
    Thanks @Paulieworld , I’ll give it a whirl πŸ‘

Let me know when you have it so I can delete it. Looking forward to this. Have fun!

• Done πŸ‘

• @GeoTony said:
    Done πŸ‘

Looking forward to this!